It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The North Pole is an insane 36 degrees warmer than normal as winter descends

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

oliticians remind me of my sister (whom I haven't seen in about 30 years), who to me was the scariest person on the planet...why? Because she is one of those people who get a hold of one or two keywords du jour and run with them simply because they are vogue all the while trying to assure people she is an authority on the subject matter referenced by those keywords.

Ha!

I have one of those too.

Are you sure we're not related?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The geese have landed here in large numbers.

That tells me winter is on its way.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

oliticians remind me of my sister (whom I haven't seen in about 30 years), who to me was the scariest person on the planet...why? Because she is one of those people who get a hold of one or two keywords du jour and run with them simply because they are vogue all the while trying to assure people she is an authority on the subject matter referenced by those keywords.

Ha!

I have one of those too.

LOL you know, it wouldn't be impossible as her and I are twins, and we were orphaned at 6 months old. So anything is possible!

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
There are reports of snow in Scotland and the north of England, I wonder what they are making of it?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Well more than ever we need to stop ignoring these people and confront them. We are about to enter the next four years with deniers FIRMLY in control of the government and the world's problems due to CC are only going to get worse over those next four years. Even China is calling out Trump for trying to leave the Paris CC agreement.
China warns Trump against abandoning climate change deal
Commentary: China resolved to fight climate change, pursue sustainable development
China Is Now Embarrassing the U.S. on Climate Change. How Did We Get Here?

China will soon trump America: The country is now the global leader in climate change reform
edit on 18-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
There are reports of snow in Scotland and the north of England, I wonder what they are making of it?

Do you have a point to this?

It's not as though its never happened, so why would anyone make anything of it?

(forgetting for the moment that taking individual weather events are meaningless whether you are pro-anthropogenic climate change or anti-anthropogenic climate change)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Ha!

I have one of those too.

LOL you know, it wouldn't be impossible as her and I are twins, and we were orphaned at 6 months old. So anything is possible!

Identical or fraternal?

If fraternal, at a minimum you may very well be my brother from another mother...

OK - I'll stop now.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigyin
The geese have landed here in large numbers.

That tells me winter is on its way.

I'm sure you're right.

I think I remember reading somewhere that geese, ducks and some other migratory birds use the amount of daylight as their primary cue for migration, and temperature is secondary, but I could have imagined that.

I'll check around a little and see if I can find a source.

BTW - what part of the world are you in?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

you mean like announcing that 1 part of the north pole is 36 degrees F (20 degrees C) higher than normal?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If I were China and had a deal that allowed me to built more coal plants until 2030 but put constraints on my competitor, I would support CACW too.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If I were China and had a deal that allowed me to built more coal plants until 2030 but put constraints on my competitor, I would support CACW too.

Tired of Control Freaks

Say what you want about China and what they may or may not be doing, but at least they are still on board with Climate Change findings. They have the moral high ground here.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well more than ever we need to stop ignoring these people and confront them. We are about to enter the next four years with deniers FIRMLY in control of the government and the world's problems due to CC are only going to get worse over those next four years. Even China is calling out Trump for trying to leave the Paris CC agreement.
China warns Trump against abandoning climate change deal
Commentary: China resolved to fight climate change, pursue sustainable development
China Is Now Embarrassing the U.S. on Climate Change. How Did We Get Here?

China will soon trump America: The country is now the global leader in climate change reform

You know, we could, in theory, absolutely have our cake and eat it too. Cold fusion is possible. Clean energy is possible. Clean free energy is possible. Clean, free, powerful energy is possible.

What is always boils down to? The market being unable to sustain such a blow. In a way I have to resign myself to knowing that; to knowing that to implement such drastic changes would put so many people out of work, that we cant shut our eyes to their plight either.

Anyone who has ever developed a hot-redundant operating environment surely knows that the only way to do so, is in parallel to already existing technology. This discussion we're having right now and that parallel system needed to be implemented 40 years ago to be impactful in the way it needs to be now. In some ways, it's too late to get started as a lot of the effects are irreversible and will only self-correct upon a new ice age and its subsequent remission.

Like I said earlier, it's never a bad thing to "clean up our house", but numbers wise it's like drowning in a puddle or the ocean, the result will be the same.

Earth will fix herself, of that there is no doubt...and people will survive and life will go on.
edit on 18-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

You know, we could, in theory, absolutely have our cake and eat it too. Cold fusion is possible. Clean energy is possible. Clean free energy is possible. Clean, free, powerful energy is possible.

What is always boils down to? The market being unable to sustain such a blow. In a way I have to resign myself to knowing that; to knowing that to implement such drastic changes would put so many people out of work, that we cant shut our eyes to their plight either.

Anyone who has ever developed a hot-redundant operating environment surely knows that the only way to do so, is in parallel to already existing technology. This discussion we're having right now and that parallel system needed to be implemented 40 years ago to be impactful in the way it needs to be now. In some ways, it's too late to get started as a lot of the effects are irreversible and will only self-correct upon a new ice age and its subsequent remission.

I can see your point here and it makes sense. Of course you saying this only makes me even madder about Exxon.
Exxon Knew about Climate Change almost 40 years ago

What do you know? If Exxon hadn't covered this up in the name of profits we could have been fixing this issue on the VERY timeline you just mentioned.

Like I said earlier, it's never a bad thing to "clean up our house", but numbers wise it's like drowning in a puddle or the ocean, the result will be the same.

Earth will fix herself, of that there is no doubt...and people will survive and life will go on.

You know. I try not to make the claim that MMCC is going to spell the doom for the planet or even the human race. We will DEFINITELY survive. Humans and life in general is/are resilient. However, modern society is FAR more fragile and if society collapses there will be wars, rampant death, starvation, disease, etc. It will be bad times for everyone (even the preppers).

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Any meteorologists out there that can tell us if this is a temporary aberration or if it will remain much warmer than normal in the arctic this winter?[/post]

Well, as a warm system continues to push northward and the jet stream continues to move in a southerly direction we can expect certain areas to experience milder than normal stretches this winter. The northern boundary of the cell, which is nothing more than a thin line of vexating air, conglomerating over the stationary boundary in the east, will continue to push warm, moist air into the warm, moist region until early March. At that time, the La Ninn-ee-oo we have been predicting will come to full fruition, and that means of course more warm and moist pockets in the south. Mix all of that up with a cool, dry front spilling in from the west and we really have something going on for the arctic winter. My prediction is 6 more weeks of warm and moist conditions. We will have a look at your 7 after this from Wesslin Dodge Jeep and Chrysler at the corner of Haley and DuPont downtown Farley - their goal is to save you money!.

Dorian Soran 2.0v
edit on 18-11-2016 by DorianSoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I can see your point here and it makes sense. Of course you saying this only makes me even madder about Exxon.
Exxon Knew about Climate Change almost 40 years ago

Regretfully, there is no expiration date on greed. It was as much a part of the psyche and political posturing as it is now. The internet simply makes it more prevalent in peoples eyes.

What do you know? If Exxon hadn't covered this up in the name of profits we could have been fixing this issue on the VERY timeline you just mentioned.

Honestly, even if they were completely transparent, I believe no one at that time would have stepped up to the plate to implement such sweeping changes. Think about humans for a moment..everything in our lives engenders the path of least resistance.

However, modern society is FAR more fragile and if society collapses there will be wars, rampant death, starvation, disease, etc. It will be bad times for everyone (even the preppers).

Very likely true. But you know what, it is my heartfelt belief that for Earth's sake, these things have to come to pass. As far as preppers, there is no such thing....no such thing as preparation for a mass extinction level event; maybe the dinosaurs left some notes, who knows.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Ha!

I have one of those too.

Identical or fraternal?

If fraternal, at a minimum you may very well be my brother from another mother...

OK - I'll stop now.

Yep fraternal! No, just....no hahahaha

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Very likely true. But you know what, it is my heartfelt belief that for Earth's sake, these things have to come to pass. As far as preppers, there is no such thing....no such thing as preparation for a mass extinction level event; maybe the dinosaurs left some notes, who knows.

Perhaps you are right. I'd just wish that humanity would choose to not learn the hard way for once. Especially since learning THIS lesson the hard way could result in hardships unseen by humanity in its 200,000 years on the planet.

To your point about preppers, you are right that's why I said what I said. Besides resourcefulness is probably a better indicator of being able to survive a societal collapse versus prepping (prepping just creates a target for non-preppers to attack for their supplies).

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Perhaps you are right. I'd just wish that humanity would choose to not learn the hard way for once. Especially since learning THIS lesson the hard way could result in hardships unseen by humanity in its 200,000 years on the planet.

To your point about preppers, you are right that's why I said what I said. Besides resourcefulness is probably a better indicator of being able to survive a societal collapse versus prepping (prepping just creates a target for non-preppers to attack for their supplies).

I'm with you there. Just this once, not learn the hard way. I can honestly say I wish we would learn the easy way too.... :/

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Anyone ever heard of the theory we are hurtling through a more energetic section of space?
An ion cloud perhaps? or something of a denser (dark matter/ energy) part of the universe?
We are doing 70,000 M per sec following the suns gravity well.....
Anyone HAVE ANY IDEA IF THE EARTHS CORE MAY BE HEATING UP?
If atomic decay is really a constant?
Are atomic plants ,cores creeping up the temperature range too?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join