It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Obama telling the people to keep protesting. WTF?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: sad_eyed_lady
a reply to: Willtell

No he didn't. This is what he said:

Obama to anti-Trump protesters: Don't be silent

I was making a distinction between Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Expression. Speech doesn't loot, set fires, smash windows and inflict bodily harm on others, Freedom of Expression does. In Hillary's speech after the election she specifically used the term Freedom of Expression instead of Freedom of Speech. Obama speaks of Freedom of Expression being enshrined in our Constitution.

He not really a proponent of Freedom of Speech anyway. He's been trying his best to shred the First Amendment.
Obama's legacy: The trashing of free speech

Obama and Angela Merkel Blame Internet and Social Media for Disrupting Globalism

Yeah Obama is a militant advocating violence, sure.
Obama at rallies tells people to beat others up and he’ll pay their legal fees, sure.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Just look at his face during the press conference. This is Obamas dream come true. He's a student of Saul Alinsky, Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright. This is the culmination of all his hard work the last 8 years.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

What dream are you talking about?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Greggers

That's a bit disingenuous though.

If all we really had were peaceful protests akin to what the TEA Party and groups like them engaged in, then no one would really be worried about this and there would be no need to ask the question.

Instead, we have violent riots and disruptive protests with attempts to block highways and other things. Those are not just protests or peaceful demonstrations.

If we're all being intellectually honest, then we know which groups the question was referring to. So we also know what the president was being asked to address. He dropped the ball or never intended to try to kick it to begin with.

Maybe. But I don't think the proper place to admonish your own constituents is on foreign soil, in front of the foreign press. In that venue, it's more important to stress the virtues of our country's dedication to freedom of speech.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: buster2010

a reply to: Vasa Croe

Obama is a sad excuse for a POTUS.

What a sad excuse of a President telling people to exercise their rights.

LOL....sure...protest all they want. What I'm talking about and you happily skip past is the violence associated with the protests that is not being addressed....and yes...that is very very sad.

Just point out where he is telling people to be violent. Would you like to see what Donnie posted when Obama got elected? He sure wasn't preaching peace and as they say karma can be a B.

Do you just pick how to read things so it fits the slant you want? Did I say he was telling people to be violent? Nope. I said he hasn't said anything to calm the violence that IS already happening.

And sure...go ahead and post the same pic of his tweet everyone has posted...I don't recall Trump being POTUS then either but hey we can compare apples to oranges if you'd like.

No Trump wasn't POTUS but he did call for violence and Obama hasn't called for violence. He just told people to exercise their rights it's one of those things fascist pigs like Donnie hates like freedom of speech and freedom of the press.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

Not sure if you are being facetious or not.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: sad_eyed_lady

No he didn't. This is what he said:

Obama to anti-Trump protesters: Don't be silent

I was making a distinction between Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Expression. Speech doesn't loot, set fires, smash windows and inflict bodily harm on others, Freedom of Expression does. In Hillary's speech after the election she specifically used the term Freedom of Expression instead of Freedom of Speech. Obama speaks of Freedom of Expression being enshrined in our Constitution.

He not really a proponent of Freedom of Speech anyway. He's been trying his best to shred the First Amendment.
Obama's legacy: The trashing of free speech

Obama and Angela Merkel Blame Internet and Social Media for Disrupting Globalism

Yeah Obama is a militant advocating violence, sure.
Obama at rallies tells people to beat others up and he’ll pay their legal fees, sure.

He is the standing President of the United States. If he called off the media and spoke to the people asking them to not riot he would be going the right thing. Burn baby burn, doesn't cut it. Obviously, it works for his agenda or should I say he just taking orders from Mr. Soros.
edit on 11/18/2016 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Yeah Obama is a militant advocating violence, sure. Obama at rallies tells people to beat others up and he’ll pay their legal fees, sure.

No, cutting checks is Soros job.

Not speaking against violence is condoning it. When you are the POTUS and the SHTF you can be militant without saying a word. All you have to do is play golf.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Divider-in-Chief, doing what he does best.

The sad part is back in 2008 I actually thought Obama was going to be a unifier, not set back race relations another 40 years.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

The sad part is back in 2008 I actually thought Obama was going to be a unifier, not set back race relations another 40 years.

Well, if you came to ATS sooner...............

Don't beat yourself up. He fooled alot of people with alot of help from the MSM.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

He earned the Nobel Peace Prize very early in his Presidency. That was weird, considering he hadn't accomplished anything, other than getting a bunch of people to vote for him.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Your cryptic comment about some dream of Obama's coming true yet you say nothing about what that dream is. I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Obama is a sad excuse for a POTUS.

What a sad excuse of a President telling people to exercise their rights.

LOL....sure...protest all they want. What I'm talking about and you happily skip past is the violence associated with the protests that is not being addressed....and yes...that is very very sad.

Just point out where he is telling people to be violent. Would you like to see what Donnie posted when Obama got elected? He sure wasn't preaching peace and as they say karma can be a B.

Do you just pick how to read things so it fits the slant you want? Did I say he was telling people to be violent? Nope. I said he hasn't said anything to calm the violence that IS already happening.

And sure...go ahead and post the same pic of his tweet everyone has posted...I don't recall Trump being POTUS then either but hey we can compare apples to oranges if you'd like.

No Trump wasn't POTUS but he did call for violence and Obama hasn't called for violence. He just told people to exercise their rights it's one of those things fascist pigs like Donnie hates like freedom of speech and freedom of the press.

Haven't seen that one yet. Please post a link to the citation of him calling for violence.

As far as freedom of speech and press....what about wikileaks? He doesn't seem to keen on them exposing the lies in the DNC that have been happening.
edit on 11/18/16 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

we can get things back to normal again soon.

When was normal? When was America great?

I mean that genuinely. What specific timeframe are we speaking of?

I imply that you are more lucid than all of us-- for asking the
question that begs nothing, but implies everything...
define normal to me. Moreover, who is a noble contributor?

I have challenged the proponents of dead psychiatrists, statesmen,
and academia-nuts as well. I propose normal is when some did
not use each other to their advantage. It seemed to work, uneasily.

I was a tradesman, try my knowledge of the matrix to your peril.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Konduit, if there was a way I could get you a galaxy full
of those otherwise unimportant pointy suckers, THIS
would be the time.
This Marxist (even more failed than his grandmother)
pushing this sewage so late in his administration is an
indication to the rest of us he's AFRAID. He should be...
communists of his ilk should never again be tolerated
by aware citizens of the USA. Or let it go [puke].

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

C'mon, Pyle: it's what every totalitarian topknot has
ever advocated, and never admitted to... setting us
off against each other, so we can ALL be throttled
into control.
Fortunately I'm uncontrollable with a normal IQ.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Obama has always been, and will always be, a human piece of fecal matter. I didn't think I could hate a president more than Clinton, and then Bush came along. I didn't think I could hate a president more than Bush, and then Obama came along.

This is the first time in my life that I have ever been happy to see someone get elected.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian

Obama has always been, and will always be, a human piece of fecal matter. I didn't think I could hate a president more than Clinton, and then Bush came along. I didn't think I could hate a president more than Bush, and then Obama came along.

I detect a trend.

This is the first time in my life that I have ever been happy to see someone get elected.

Let's chat again in 4 years.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
It's just Obama being Obama. Nothing he says or does surprises me.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join