It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Obama telling the people to keep protesting. WTF?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

To my eyes he's addressing the concern that the prevalence of misinformation on social media, and the frequency it's accepted without fact-checking, is a real concern

Here is the problem with that . The MSM is more of an issue than social media when it comes to BS agenda driven misinformation.

People expect the MSM to be factual and not manipulated based on agendas. However despite that the MSM has been caught with their pants down on numerous occasions with lies and bad information, people naively and blindly still accept what the MSM tells them.

The MSM is not bidirectional when it comes to input and counterpoints. Where with Social Media atleast there can be uncontrolled counterpoints and bs called out by the joe public. With The MSM they give you BS on all sides including the counterpoints.

MSM also defines the topics and issues which typically are BS issues and not focused on the real issues.

This has less to do with social media, and more to do with the critical thinking of our voters.

I disagree, I think Obama is an Ahole with an agenda like all other politicians before him that like to keep us fighting among ourselves.

The critical Thinker would read between the lines and suspect that his attack on social media is what many of us have suspected for a long time, that they are going to go full retard on the internet.

The internet and social media has given the public a voice and has exposed their propaganda which they are not happy with.

edit on 481130America/ChicagoFri, 18 Nov 2016 08:48:36 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: Vasa Croe

So he wants us to stop listening to social media

I didn't interpret it that way.

To my eyes he's addressing the concern that the prevalence of misinformation on social media, and the frequency it's accepted without fact-checking, is a real concern. Which I completely agree with. This has less to do with social media, and more to do with the critical thinking of our voters.

Here is the full quote:

"If we are not serious about the facts and what's true and what's not, particularly in the social media era when so many get information from sound bites and snippets off their phone, if we can't discriminate between serious arguments and propaganda, then we have problems," he said.

It's about denying ignorance.

Funny...I don't see then saying anything about Brazile feeding questions to Hillary or how heavily biased and proven biased the MSM was towards the HRC campaign.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Cry me a river.
All of you were screaming and crying when trump was saying the election
was rigged. People like you and those on BreitBart - GLP - Stormfront
were all insisting that if Hillary won they would take to the streets and
start a bloody revolution.

www.nydailynews.com...

I don't want to hear this false outrage and holier than thou rhetoric you all seems to have now.
You sensitive snowflakes are all about being anti-pc - and what could be more anti-pc than protesting??
had Hillary won i'm willing to be bet the violence would have been exponentially worse.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
same old Obama double speak...

he says keep 'protesting' implying the right of the people to peacefully protest the status-quo (in the academic sense)

but his implied message is for the 'protesters' to continue their RIOTING & criminal activity...
this guy is a real piece-of-work... shallow and see-through at the same time

...like a poem says...go ,,,, quietly into the dark...

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Hopefully President Trump will have him arrested for inciting violence.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers
This was a conference before the foreign press where his primary concern was being an advocate of the free speech rights of his constituents. He mentioned several times that freedom of speech and freedom of the press were important values that the U.S. would honor.

It was not a platform for him to reprimand the protesters.

I'm glad there's no shortage of stuff to get you guys all worked up though.

Oh...so he is just avoiding the proper platforms then....because I have yet to see him tell them to stop.

And if this wasn't the right platform, then why tell them to keep it up or even speak on it at all?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Let them protest all they want, peacefully.
I just need the peaceful protesters to shed the cockroaches running around destroying sh#t.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Reading over the remarks I had to pull with one out. It's just funny...well that or sad take it as you wish.

And based on current surveys of public opinion in the United States, it turns out that the majority of Americans think I’ve done a pretty good job, that we haven’t, in fact, gone too fast, as you describe it.

Also can't miss out the number of times he says Chancellor Merkel.

her commitment to looking out for the interests of the German people first

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Funny...I don't see then saying anything about Brazile feeding questions to Hillary or how heavily biased and proven biased the MSM was towards the HRC campaign.

and I don't see anything in that Obama quote that is remotely partisan...

In fact the follow up quote was:

"If people, whether they're conservative or liberal, left or right, are unwilling to compromise and engage in the democratic process and are taking absolutist views and demonizing opponents then democracy will break down,"

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Here is the problem with that . The MSM is more of an issue than social media when it comes to BS agenda driven misinformation.

I think this is largely dependent on the demographic. Namely, the age groups.

The critical Thinker would read between the lines and suspect that his attack on social media

I simply don't see that as an attack on social media. At all. I think of myself as a critical thinker. To me he clearly is expressing the concern about misinformation. Considering social media is a huge outlet for it, it makes sense to mention it. *shrug*
edit on 18-11-2016 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

and I don't see anything in that Obama quote that is remotely partisan...

Thats because going full retard on the internet is not a partisan issue. The GOP and the DNC are one in the same and neither one wants an educated critical thinking public nor do they want the public to question their propaganda.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

He's the last President, he can do what he wants.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I simply don't see that as an attack on social media.

I think this is largely dependent on the demographic. Namely, the age groups.

Guess which medium is already having huge control of politics and growing? The internet or traditional MSM sources?

This is in preparation for the near future when the Baby boomers diminish in size. Boomers are the big audience of traditional MSM monodirectional sources.

The Gen x are rapidly growing in accepting the internet as their information source feed and the millennial don't even know what traditional MSM is.

This is about controlling the internet and peoples ability to call out the govt and lobbyist BS propaganda online, once the traditional MSM source die off.

edit on 021130America/ChicagoFri, 18 Nov 2016 09:02:20 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
As far as false information goes I think on the media and internet most of it that I saw was against Trump. I think I've just about heard it all. Practically hysterical character assassination. Trump is dangerous, a threat to democracy, a fascist, a nazi, he's hitler, he'll start WW3, he will have his finger on the nuclear trigger in other words he will nuke someone... and on it goes.
Despite the media blitz he still won which is quite amazing, the media may not have as much power over the masses as they think.
On the other hand Trump has said the wrong thing, offensive things many times which gives the other side a lot of ammo. I think if he was a more experienced politician he'd be more moderate and diplomatic and probably would've won by even more.
Hillary and Obama are trying to blame whatever they can think of on the loss, it was the interwebz, it was er um dumb voters who didn't vote for our side...

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Obama is a sad excuse for a POTUS.

What a sad excuse of a President telling people to exercise their rights.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

That's not the way his GLP warped mind see's it.
The have this bent view on reality.
Remember in their world anything against Trump is a false flag hoax
and anything for Trump is the truth as if it were coming from a new born jesus
christ uttering his first words.

Their Messiah. Their lord and savior.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Hopefully President Trump will have him arrested for inciting violence.

Sorry but people have a right to protest in this nation.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

What a sad excuse of a President telling people to exercise their rights.

Why it' might as well be treason!

I know, lets impeach him!
edit on Ram111816v52201600000026 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I thought 1985 was a good year.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock
As far as false information goes I think on the media and internet most of it that I saw was against Trump. I think I've just about heard it all. Practically hysterical character assassination. Trump is dangerous, a threat to democracy, a fascist, a nazi, he's hitler, he'll start WW3, he will have his finger on the nuclear trigger in other words he will nuke someone... and on it goes.
Despite the media blitz he still won which is quite amazing, the media may not have as much power over the masses as they think.
On the other hand Trump has said the wrong thing, offensive things many times which gives the other side a lot of ammo. I think if he was a more experienced politician he'd be more moderate and diplomatic and probably would've won by even more.
Hillary and Obama are trying to blame whatever they can think of on the loss, it was the interwebz, it was er um dumb voters who didn't vote for our side...

Hillary Clinton on losing the information war....listen carefully when she refers to the "private media".

Now we have a movement by the Internet Conglomerates to DECIDE what is news and fake news.

How much more Orwellian can we get?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join