It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Who isn't racist?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Do you think you could possibly be keeping your
racism in check and mistaking that for not being
racist? Wouldn't you at least admit that claiming
you aren't racist seems a little self righteous? I
admit I'm racist and applaud myself because I
refuse to allow it to spill over into that cup of
hate. This doesn't seem more honest to you? I
see a big problem right here in this thread. How could
there even be a big issue with racism out there if
we go by numbers we see here? Hell the
OP and myself might be the only racists on the planet
from what I'm seeing here.

edit on Rpm111816v18201600000001 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Relax, it's over.

There's no making sense. Cheers tho.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

You should move to Florida's 'Bay Area'. It is scores more affordable, much less constitutionally restrictive, less nutty in a liberal sense, and just as diverse. As I noted in my reply, unless living in California, NYC, or other affluent over inflated markets.

I get what nati is having issues with income due to medical bills. But anyone else could easily support a family of five on $35k a year if they manage the money wisely without having to live on crumbs. Again, I also live in the bay area. I dont think the two of us together have ever net more than $45k in a year and never had access to food stamps, WIC, and medicaire/medicaid. But we enjoy frequent trips out, with occasional dining.

I think the fact we cook most every night of the week helps. And that neither of us smoke tobacco and drink alcohol as a regular thing.

My neighbor is 68 on social security. He is worried about his benefits being cut an complains about not getting paid, but he smokes at least a pack a day, and pays for one of those package cable, phone, internet deals. Black holes for money both of them are. And he has a WOW subscription.

The majority of Americans could easily live very well off under $40k a year if they stopped buying stupid expensive #, stopped consuming stupid expensive #, and stop paying for stupid expensive services.

I know people right now with better jobs, food assistance, and a smaller family, and they are struggling. Virtually everyone has a few things in common though. Expensive bundled media packages, expensive cell phone bills, daily consumption of alcohol and tobacco which also contributes to their medical bills.

I just think people should stop demanding higher incomes, and FIRST should make an honest analyses of how they waste at least half of their monthly income on # that does not help their living situation, health, or retirement and adjust their routine monetary behaviors accordingly.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Relax, it's over.

No way, this is not over! Not til my racism is recognized damn it!

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Can't argue with that!

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I think reflexes of repulsion, distrust, or hostility to those who are different from ourselves, is a natural and unavoidable instinct.

Except racial phenotype is not an adequate measure of difference. Two tall men of different races are more similar than two men of varying heights within the same race. There is more genetic variance within races than there are between races.

I think it's safe to say that your reflexes of repulsion, distrust, or hostility do not pertain to the races of individuals per say. If a man of a different race than yours was wearing nice clothing, with a relatively benign disposition and mannerisms common to your culture, you wouldn't feel those reflexes; whereas if he was wearing clothing outside the bounds of your culture, had a more menacing disposition, and frequented unacceptable mannerisms and speech, you'd feel those reflexes no matter the race.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I talk about racism all the time.. with all races. Im 100% SIksika.. parents born on Rez. I was not. I married a white guy. I have half white kids. I work predominantly with blacks and hispanics in the legal system.. victims svcs. I also volunteer in my community for several do-gooder projects which are dealing predominantly with blacks. Im older.. and Ive never experienced racism as hard core as I have from blacks. I consider this the North.. Illinois. WHen I was younger in the South, I never had problems with blacks at all. Here.. its BAD. Thats the way it is. I mean against me.. and also because Im not white, seen it against whites ( my children) . Im racist, folks I work with know it.. funny thing is they dont seem to mind much because my racism is very tempered by my hardcore drive to be fair and truthful. If it needs to be said, I say it. I check my own racism as well as others.. and I have much hope for the future.. the kids I deal with have given me that hope. Many are just anti anything but black.. but some, they are very deep thinkers and see what needs to be done for the viability of BOTH of our cultures to survive.

Now, I use the term "racist" not in the Webster definition sense. I am using it in the sense that we are talking about. I am not racist in the true definition.. I am definitely prejudiced and that is shaped by my lifes experiences being IN the trenches and not just talking about it. My father was very racist.. in the true sense. NDNs trumped everyone and he HATED the federal WHITE MALE govt, the BIA, and etc. He also had good reason to feel the way he did.

Here I will tell a thing I feel is TRUE concerning blacks: their culture is rotten to the core. Its also not all of their own doing.. by far. If they are super predators and etc.. then we need to look at the root of it, and it has to do with govt sanctioned meddling in the black communities.. just as they do in the NDN communities, but we dont have the numbers. White people dont need to tell blacks how to live. President elect Trump claimed to have an idea of retooling the inner cities... and you can bet that so many of us will hold his feet to the fire over this. Not a jesse Jackson or sharpton kind of advise.. Im talking he WILL do whats right, or there WILL be major problems. I am outraged.. RAGE filled.. over the so-called Democrat machine ( what we are calling the alt left now suddenly... acorn and move on nonsense) USING human beings and scaring the hell out of them to cause social disruption. If they arent holding the black community down, they are poking them into rebellion. This is a generational issue.. and its time we all called what it is.

If you love this country like I do.. down to the very soil.. then you must love its people. WE are Americans.. and Nationalism is NOT a dirty word. I want our own helped before anyone else and demand it. My own are the blacks, whites browns ,reds, yellows, everyone who is HERE and assimilated into this country and an American. Dont buy into the BS and look at things as they truly are. If I do one thing before I die it will be to hold this governments feet to the fire. If our inner cities are aided TRUTHFULLY.. then we all benefit. All Americans.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'm not racist.

There are idiots from every creed, religion, culture and country. Its not defined by race, skin colour or nationality. It is simply the human condition.

Once you accept that, race as a concept is meaningless.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Cheers, I think that's the 2nd answer.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
I'm not racist.

There are idiots from every creed, religion, culture and country. Its not defined by race, skin colour or nationality. It is simply the human condition.

Once you accept that, race as a concept is meaningless.

I applaud you for that, Nef.. very sincerely.
But.. do you have to have a card issued by the Federal Government of the USA to prove you exist?? I do.. its called a CDIB card. Thats not a concept.. thats the truth. The problems here are from the very top down.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Being English, and a British National, I don't need one.

Nor would I be defined as a person if I did. A card doesn't make someone.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: Advantage

Being English, and a British National, I don't need one.

Nor would I be defined as a person if I did. A card doesn't make someone.

Nope. I agree. Unfortunately here in the US it does. I wadded mine up and chucked it at someone and was almost arrested for "assault".. but I digress. My temperament in real life is much more volatile than on ATS.. and I get a little testy over this nonsense. It definitely gets my petticoats in a bunch

Here there are those who are superior and those who are inferior. The playing field is quickly becoming pretty level between those elites and the citizens, but long held beliefs of those lines are still held. I desperately want a world filled with those who understand and believe what you do, but to ignore the real issues here as of right now.. its ignoring a solution that can begin now in 2016. I truly believe that a people can hold their individual culture, but still be ONE people. That it doesnt have to be one or the other. Ive had a foot in 2 cultures my entire life.. and Ive never had a conflict within myself about who and what I am. I also have been told over and over who and what I should be or what others believe I am. These divisions are completely unnecessary and only a twisted social construct that is somehow surviving.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Bluesma

Except racial phenotype is not an adequate measure of difference. Two tall men of different races are more similar than two men of varying heights within the same race. There is more genetic variance within races than there are between races.

I think it's safe to say that your reflexes of repulsion, distrust, or hostility do not pertain to the races of individuals per say. If a man of a different race than yours was wearing nice clothing, with a relatively benign disposition and mannerisms common to your culture, you wouldn't feel those reflexes; whereas if he was wearing clothing outside the bounds of your culture, had a more menacing disposition, and frequented unacceptable mannerisms and speech, you'd feel those reflexes no matter the race.

As I said- I think reflexes of repulsion, distrust, or hostility to those who are different from ourselves, is a natural and unavoidable instinct.

"Those who are different" means whatever way you , as an individual, identify with others. It could be color of skin, it could be certain mannerisms, it could be clothing, it could be language... whatever. We already know that using the word "racism" doesn't actually refer to races of humans- we pretty much all know that now, no? We're talking about prejudices based upon differences.

This is where the concept of integrating a society becomes relavant- if you choose not to adopt the behaviorisms, or styles, or attitudes, values, etc. of the majority, well.... you can proudly proclaim yourself "different". -And you can just expect prejudice and embrace it as part of your choice. All choices have advantages and disadvantages to them.

But I still think people living in collectivity do better not to choose their actions based upon that prejudice.
edit on 18-11-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

That's artificial selection.

Do you think WE aren't artificially selected? It's all decisions going back and back.

Dogs don't care about breed; only dog owners do.

My dog will prove you wrong on this. XD I have a cairne terrier/dachshund mix, and she's a very friendly dog. She gets along with all dogs, unless they're aggressive, then she goes on the defensive. Though she gets along with all dogs, she REALLY loves being around other terriers. Her entire energy will change if there's a terrier around, even more-so if they're cairne terriers. I'm not sure what it is, maybe it's because she's excited to see another dog like her, but she goes insane with excitement around other terriers. At dog parks, she'll hang around other terriers over other dogs if they're available.

So you can say all you want that dogs don't care, and in many ways you're right, my dog doesn't care what another dogs breed is. She does notice when it's another dog like her, though.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
Who isn't racist?

Young children.

I have to disagree with this. When I was a young child, 3-4 years old, I lived in an apartment complex in the inner city. I would watch out the window when the school bus brought the neighborhood kids back in the afternoon. I noticed that the black kids would run in front of the bus, yell and scream, push other kids, throw books, throw things at the bus, call the bus driver & other kids names, etc. etc. and the white kids (the minority) would just quietly walk back to their apartments. I also learned that the black kids on the playground were mean to me and physically abusive. I formed my own opinion, not of hate per say but definite caution and avoidance. As an adult I realize the kids were only acting as a product of their environment, but on the other hand, the white kids were living and going to school in the same poor & rough environment.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: gr8skott
As an adult I realize the kids were only acting as a product of their environment, but on the other hand, the white kids were living and going to school in the same poor & rough environment.

Then the environment is a constant, and it's not a fair statement to say it was only environment.

It was genetic.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   
If you were born in the United States you are,it's they way the school system and government set up,every form you fill out they ask you to state your race,color,or creed,they are the ones who promote racism,why don't they emphasize we are all equal despite of our looks or our general beliefs,because they need to divide and conquer

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I'm not racist apart from the dirty french.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I think that the word racist is being tossed about too loosely nowadays. I have always thought to be racists one would need to feel superior over another due to race or ethnicity? What I do see a lot of is more along the lines of prejudice and bias.

Am I racist? No. Am I prejudice? Quite possibly. Bias? Most definitely!

In reflection, I believe that is where the honesty should be focused. For those in this thread who say they are racist...is that the truth? Do you feel that your race, is far superior over another race? Or are you more refined in your prejudices towards others? In other words, no superiority complex, simply acknowledging that you have preconceived biases against another race that have prejudiced your thoughts?

Edit add: I was wondering if it is a natural instinct in all humans at some level? I mean when your natural survival instincts kick in. All life on earth is using and needing many of the same resources for survival. When a human begins to struggle, will they not begin to focus more on their immediate family and tribe? This creates a us vs them bias, yes?
edit on 11 19 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: gr8skott
As an adult I realize the kids were only acting as a product of their environment, but on the other hand, the white kids were living and going to school in the same poor & rough environment.

The it obviously was not the environment and the issue was parenting which is what I said in my initial post.

Thanks for agreeing.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join