It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Who isn't racist?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MagicCow

You can dance around all you want, but you are participating in a thread about race, you make a comment about "working in the fields" (predominantly staffed by Hispanics) and then you want to try and deny you are alluding to a white person. Typical progressive, lies even to yourself.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: LockNLoad

Tyrone are you trying to tell me that only hispanic people work out on the fields?
Your racial stereotyping is starting to show it's ugly head.
Tyrone I think you're the only one lying here and it's not to me.
I can see your truth.
Still love you though.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: natalia

Nat...im not accusing or saying anything negative.
Im just having a discussion with ya'll.

But I am saying the government is racist. Or, rather, the policies are. I could dig out all sorts of evidence, but will just leave this: the measure of "racism" in a legal sense is determined through the measure of "adverse impact". If an obvious adverse impact has occured without being addressed, then an EEOC claim is typically considered valid and penalties are applied.

As it pertains to the criminal justice system our government runs, it is blatantly obvious that the penal code has an adverse impact on the black male community. That is racism.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: randyvs

Going by those definitions, I would assume Jewish people are in fact the most racist, as they frequently claim to be God's chosen people, and many hold themselves above others due to this mindset. Is this me being racist now?

I think your comment is involved with this discussion and
that you have put your racism aside. the same way we all must
do in our lives. I believe racism is in all of us right down to the
last tin soldier. And like alcoholism denial only makes it worse.
If everyone who says they're not a racist is correct, how could
it be such a gigantic issue? People are racist, why does that have
to mean I hate other races?

And the Jews who believe they're Gods chosen people are only
allowing themselves a delusional misconception. Most of them
I believe know very well the only reason they were chosen by
God. Was to be the race that delivered the Messiah. Other than
that. They have suffered Gods wrath and to this day struggle
with everything that makes them who they are. Few even believe
he exists.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This is why racism won't end.

People are too scared too address it.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

My, aren't you the one for generalisations.
'Everyone is racist'
'People are too scared to address it'

Do you genuinely believe that or are you just trolling?
My view is trolling.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
This is why racism won't end.

People are too scared too address it.

I'm just happy to be who I am.
Maybe that keeps me from being unhappy with who
everyone else is.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

honestly not trolling.

I just want answers.

6pages and only me and randyvs are racists.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MagicCow

I live in an agricultural community all my neighbors are Hispanic and quite a few of them work on the farms and in the fields and they will tell you that "yes it is the Hispanics working in the fields", and that is also what I see while driving past the fields in mine and the surrounding counties. Yes I know this is only anecdotal evidence from living in this area for 25+ years.

Then there is this information:
"Ethnicity and Race
The NAWS uses the following response categories for ethnicity: Mexican-American, Mexican, Chicano, Puerto Rican, other Hispanic, and not Hispanic or Latino. In 2001-2002, 83 percent of the crop workers identified themselves as members of a Hispanic group: 72 percent as Mexican, seven percent as Mexican-American, one percent as Chicano, and three percent as other Hispanic. Only 16 percent of U.S. crop workers self identified as belonging to an ethnic group that was not Hispanic or Latino. Ethnicity labels, however, are somewhat arbitrary as they are based on multiple characteristics such as cultural heritage, nationality, and racial background. For example, 17 percent of the U.S.-born crop workers self identified as Mexican-American and four percent as Mexican.
Race is a difficult concept for many foreign workers, who often do not use the same concepts in their home countries. Using the Office of Management and Budget's standard categories for race, crop workers were asked to describe themselves as White; Black or African American; American Indian, Alaskan Native or Indigenous; Asian; Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander; and other. Forty-seven percent of the respondents answered "other" to this question, while 41 percent self identified as White; eight percent as American Indian, Alaskan Native or Indigenous; four percent as Black, and less than one percent each as Asian and Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander. Among those who answered "other", nearly all (99%) identified themselves as members of a Hispanic group: 85 percent self identified as Mexican; nine percent as Mexican-American, four percent as other Hispanic, and one percent as Chicano."

Source

But you go ahead and keep dancing, and telling yourself that that's not what you meant.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Okay I'll take you at your word.
Perhaps take me at mine that I am not racist in any conventional sense.
...unless of course you have some definition of racist which I don't understand?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Okay I'll take you at your word.
Perhaps take me at mine that I am not racist in any conventional sense.
...unless of course you have some definition of racist which I don't understand?

I think you are just like me and being called a racist makes you burn.
But I also thing you're human and racism comes along for the ride.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I think reflexes of repulsion, distrust, or hostility to those who are different from ourselves, is a natural and unavoidable instinct.

On the other hand, I think that is incompatible with our modern society, in which the ability to travel so easily over the globe means many different people mixing together, living together. I think that a member of a society has the duty to counter and discipline that drive.

There are all kinds of "natural" drives we have, that we limit or restrain, because it is in our best interests (as well as that of others) to do so- in the long run. This is the neat thing about having a conscious intellect as well as a subconscious mind. We have an internal spokesperson for our immediate needs, as well as our long term ones, and they compliment each other, counter and check each other, in cooperation !

There is a distinction to be made between "I sometimes feel racist reactions" and "I act out and follow those reactions".
I do think, however, that acknowledging they exist when they arise, helps in dealing with them effectively. Being in denial about them only allows them to manifest in passive or subconscious ways....

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Being called any label with negative associations is never celebrated if it is not warranted.
why can you not believe that a person can genuinely have no issues with race?

Now, what is this strange definition you appear to have for racist?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Because I'm a racist.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

PERFECT!

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Because I'm a racist.

Oh okay, I'll leave you to it then.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Because I'm a racist.

Oh okay, I'll leave you to it then.

You're racist too.
It's all good. Everyone is.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: natalia

Right! There is no way I could take care of a family of 6 on that salary, that's barely enough for 1 to get by. In California, particularly the San Francisco Bay Area, the cost of living is outrageous. Do love living here though, and love how diverse the Bay Area is.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Page 3 and no answer to the thread title.

And this is the problem...
Big black dudes with chains are intimidating...
Asians in yellow leather with black stripes are scary...
White army guys with PTSD like guns...

We're all screwed and we're all ignorant.

Why can't we all accept we don't know #e?

If I saw a bunch of white dudes running around with guns, I'd be afraid. Not because they're white, but because they've got guns and are acting all crazy. That's would be my preconceived notion of them, their guns, and intent, not racism.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Apologies to those who actually understand.

I tried. I failed. But I tried.

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join