It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Who isn't racist?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I'm just curious if anyone really thinks they aren't racist?

I'm an aussie cracker (cis and male too) whose racial views have been guided mostly by Jane Elliot and Uncle Phil.
I consider myself educated enough to realise that race doesn't exist, the term is breed. I also believe that just like dogs we should sniff all breed's asses indiscriminately.

But I won't call a black dude N****, whilst I will call a white guy N**** happily.

I'm a huge cypress fan and I will sing along loudly to Southland Killers, Hendrix is the greatest guitarist, Howin Wolf is the greatest artist, Michael Jordan is the greatest athlete (even tho he pushed off), Lauryn Hill is my favourite rapper. Pryor beats Carlin (very close), Neil Degrasse Tyson is my 2nd fav pop scientist (before anyone points out I've only mentioned entertainers).

So if someone like me who can laugh along to Paul Mooney, and who can get teary watching Fresh Prince of Bel Air is a racist.

Then what hope do people with couches on their front lawn have?

People need to say, "Wow, I'm racist because of X, Y and Z, aren't I a silly racist" instead of this egotistical "I'm not a racist".

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
We've been desensitized to the word "racist".

The left is going to run out of excuses when jobs come back.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

I used to be on the left. I think I still am but there's too much crying now.

I'm a Trump supporter, if that clarifies things. This isn't a snowflake deal.
I'm interested in a conversation about race without people claiming they're not racist.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
Who isn't racist?

Young children.

Then your parents get a hold of you.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Are you saying you're not?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Who isn't racist?

Young children.

Then your parents get a hold of you.

Young children are racist and honest. They will happily go up to a stranger and ask them why they're a different colour.
At what age do you start lying about it.

Racism is just ignorance, it's nothing to be ashamed of.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

I disagree on the analogy of Breed, for me it is family and go back far enough and of course we are all family, don't agree with sniffing arse's either being a boob man, a tool for the proper job and all that with some thing's being not in my personal universe.

Human's can do it like animal's or look into there lover's face as equal's if catch my drift.

But Racism you make a very obvious and very good point, we all are and I am not talking religion or culturism but we all notice when someone look's not like us, if they look enough like us we find them often more attractive, that lady with the slightly darker silk like skin and the piercing dark eye's that so many western European's find attractive even if they don't own up to it though no more attractive than any other person they find attractive.

I personally think it is a learned and culturally imprinted reaction most of the time though, children are NOT racist, a little child may ask why someone look's different but it is not racism just curiosity but are often told to hush or even shielded from those that look different by misguided parent's, racism is a disease of the mind.

Culturism though and religionism are two entirely different matter's as each house has it's rule's and when the guest's start making there own that is sure to rub the host up the wrong way.

In the State's you don't really have that problem en mass but you do in a small more regional manner as each area owe's it's own character to whom the first settlers or invaders depending upon your point of view on that matter, both are correct.
Racism as a vile history in the US and there are true believers such as the KKK and the Black Panther's whom each want the blood of the other and are just as vile and racist as one another, regarding each other as subhuman devil's and animal's while it is the Children that suffer because of the shared effort's of these lout's.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
You are wrong!

rac·ist
/ˈrāsəst/
noun

noun: racist; plural noun: racists
a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

I have never met a child that thought they were better than others. If that thought is in their head then it was put there by someone else.

The innocence of a child is all we have left. They may see that people look different but they do not think they are superior to anyone!

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
I have never met a child that thought they were better than others.

Find a 4yr old boy and ask him what he things of girls.

He'll say yuck or something.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
That is NOTracist!!! I know that it is hard to define with the left calling everyone racist. See my post above for the correct definition.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

The innocence of a child is all we have left. They may see that people look different but they do not think they are superior to anyone!

An innocent child will call a black dude N**** without any hate (just ignorance), that's the point I'm trying to make.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Are you saying you're not?

I have held some stereotypical beliefs. Anyone who tells you otherwise is full of it.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Young children are racist and honest. They will happily go up to a stranger and ask them why they're a different colour.

That is not racism, that is curiosity.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

That is NOTracist!!! I know that it is hard to define with the left calling everyone racist. See my post above for the correct definition.

I think black dudes are better at basketball than white guys.

I'm racist.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Under the definition of the last 8 years, only alt-left people and those that bow to their demands are not racist.
That will change fast though.
edit on 18/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

That is not racism, that is curiosity.

Curiosity is ignorance. Ignorance is racism.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

LMAO.
There are jobs RIGHT NOW if people wanted them.
Problem is that Todd doesn't want to work the fields or
work in sanitation for less than 80k a year with his high school diploma.
Wonder what you guys are going to do when your excuses run out...

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Under the definition of the last 8 years, only alt-left people and those that bow to their demands are not racist.
That will change fast though.

The alt-left are fighting their own racism. They're racist as **** but refuse to accept it.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Curiosity is ignorance. Ignorance is racism.

Racism is thinking the person who is a different color than you likes watermelon because they have a genetic predisposition to liking watermelon.

Curiosity is not racism, which is why they both have wholly different definitions.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MagicCow

honestly, most people could support a family of six EASILY on 35k a year, and take vacations and save. If only people did not burn the bulk of that good money on booze, tobacco, electronics and eating out 3 - 5 times a week.

lol, I think you have not spent enough time on either. I know black folk who could not make a free throw to save their mother, and white folk who will run laps around anyone on the court. The NBA is the reason people believe there is some super gene for athletics in black people. Most other sports are more well balanced demographically speaking.

It just depends what populations are putting out there.

I think that you are confusing racist with bias and prejudice.
edit on 11-18-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join