It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Selects Senator Jeff Sessions for Attorney General

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I'm... not sure what you are talking about?
This thread is about Jeff Sessions.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
So we have someone who is pro drug war, anti medical marijuana, for mandatory minimum prison sentences. He also has an apparent history of racial remarks.

This is not progress, this is a step backwards for human rights and the US.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The only way retrograde trolls can govern the west is via threat of state sponsored force.

If *this* is draining the swamp, welcome to the sewer.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Probably because you don't know who jeff sessions is.

The guy that holds congressional sessions to rail against medical marijuana and believes the war on drugs isn't strong enough.

The jeff sessions who talks tough about immigration but doesn't come down on the people hiring the immigrants because they are donors, and then makes a sideshow of small deportation round ups as a sign he is doing something.

You want to halt immigration fast start jailing employers. Make strict verfiability laws. Give the immigrants a time frame to return home. Start busting large employers and bussing out the labor on tv.

Problem is you now just doubled the cost of produce and construction labor.

So instead they pretend they are doing somwthing by making a police round up or a never ending wall project.

Hook line and sinker.

It's a gimmick.

edit on 19-11-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Probably because you don't know who jeff sessions is.

The guy that holds congressional sessions to rail against medical marijuana and believes the war on drugs isn't strong enough.

The jeff sessions who talks tough about immigration but doesn't come down on the people hiring the immigrants because they are donors, and the makes a sideshow of small deportation round ups as a sign he is doing something.

I have researched Sessions and heard of him for years.
You might not understand what the duties of an AG are.

His opinions about marijuana don't mean anything. The AG does not make the laws, but he is required to follow the law.
If you want laws to change, the AG is not the one to do it.
Unfortunately, Holder and Lynch did not realize this. They interpreted the law and only followed laws which fit their own agenda.
Sessions is committed to the Constitution and to the rule of law.

The racist accusations were unfounded - a smear job by Democrats in Congress who did not want him as a federal judge, for the reasons stated above.
He stood up to their attacks, and went on to become the Alabama AG, then to Congress and the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Sessions has supported upholding immigration laws.

Senator Sessions is committed to immigration reform that serves the national interest – not the special interests – and that curbs the unprecedented flow of immigration that is sapping the wages and job prospects of those living and working here today.

Sessions was a leading opponent of the 2007 amnesty bill and 2013 “Gang of Eight” amnesty bill. The Gang of Eight bill eviscerated immigration enforcement, opened up welfare and citizenship to millions of illegals aliens, issued an astonishing 33 million green cards in a single decade, and doubled the annual flow of temporary workers to fill jobs at lower wages.

Sessions has also been a leading opponent of President Obama’s unconstitutional executive amnesties, which gives jobs and benefits to illegal workers at the expense of struggling families.

A former Ranking Member of the Judiciary Committee, Senator Sessions now serves as Chairman of the Subcommittee on Immigration and the National Interest, where he promotes an immigration policy that prioritizes the jobs, wages, and security of the American people.

source

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

There is already a federal law prohibiting marijuana. Holder and lynch decided not to obey it and allow the states to make their own regulations. Sessions doesn't have to write any laws. He does however get to decide how to enforce them. He could also direct the Dea and reclassified the drug.

By the way holder just was following the last unconstitutional AG. Bush had his cabinet of horrors. Then there was the lady who burned women and children alive and so on.

He is just another goon

edit on 19-11-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Seems like a lot of ATS posters are potheads, they say Sessions is horrible because he's against weed. Sessions would enforce immigration law, and that is FAR more important than legalizing marijuana for the weed heads.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

First off doubtfull he will do anything but a smoke show with immigration.

Again start jailing the employers and they have no where to work. Sessions has no history of this.

Trump can slow immigration and get the people to start leaving by creating a robust verification system for welfare and for employment. Instead he is going to wave his arms around play hocus pocus and get the boogie man causing all your pain.

Two: people like my 75 year old career Marine grandfather actually use pot as medicine. His doesn't get him high but sessions don't care. He thinks medical marijuana is bad for society.

My objection sessions is just more scum in the he pond who hasn't done a thing with his elected power.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

That is the problem.
It seems that people have become complacent in believing that AGs should be deciding which laws to follow.
That comes right from the top, as Obama himself has disregarded many laws.

A lawless society is not sustainable.
We have laws for a reason.

An AG is not supposed to decide which laws to follow. They should follow the law.
They do not get to decide which laws are right or wrong.
Why do people seem to assume that just because some like Lynch and Holder were faithless and corrupt that it must be that way, or that it is ok to be that way?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Again start jailing the employers and they have no where to work. Sessions has no history of this.

Trump can slow immigration and get the people to start leaving by creating a robust verification system for welfare and for employment. Instead he is going to wave his arms around play hocus pocus and get the boogie man causing all your pain.

Two: people like my 75 year old career Marine grandfather actually use pot as medicine. His doesn't get him high but sessions don't care. He thinks medical marijuana is bad for society.

My objection sessions is just more scum in the he pond who hasn't done a thing with his elected power.

So you want citizens jailed instead of the illegals deported?

Yeah, ok good idea.

Medical pot? I have no stance on it.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I've watched Senator Sessions for years now. I've written him letters and emails, and he has responded every time. He gave the commencement address at my last graduation. He's a terrible choice!

He needs to stay in the Senate where he can make laws.

But, since that's not going to happen now, at least I can take comfort in a few things. Sessions is one of the fairest people in the entire state. He would prosecute his own mother if she was guilty. He is completely color-blind, a statement I can 'prove' by the fact that he has been the target of smear campaigns several times... and survived politically. If there were an ounce of dirt on him, he would not be such a popular Senator.

We have plenty of political issues in Alabama; I'll admit that. We have a piece of pond scum for a governor, to start. Seigleman was another. But Sessions and Shelby are our shining stars. It's easy to spot stars in the political madness today: they are the ones that are attacked and vilified without any real evidence.

I still wish Sessions would lighten up on the War on Drugs... one thing I disagree with him on. But I guess I will have to live with tougher drug laws now that he enforces laws instead of makes them... oh, wait, what?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

So you want citizens jailed instead of the illegals deported?

Yeah, ok good idea.

Medical pot? I have no stance on it.

GOOD POINT regarding the misplaced loyalties displayed by voters whose candidate lost the Presidential election.

As for Medical Marijuana, I've found through relatives that it's very easy to get, because physicians who write prescriptions are paid $50-$100 per prescription. They call it EASY MONEY.

According to the below article, the "easy money" for physicians evaporates when the state makes Marijuana a legal Over The Counter purchase, just like cigarettes.

Prescription Pot = EASY MONEY for Doctors: www.theguardian.com...
edit on 11/19/2016 by carewemust because: typo

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
December 31, 2016

It's the epitome of arrogance (or maybe "denial") that Democrats are still "CALLING FOR" things to be done.

For instance....

"The Democratic National Committee (DNC) is calling on Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) to recuse himself from voting on his own confirmation for attorney general, following a report about information omitted from a questionnaire that he submitted."

Source: www.msn.com...

It's a pity that Democrats STILL don't understand that Republicans are in control, and will do the EXACT OPPOSITE of what Democrats ask for.

Instead of "Calling For" and "Demanding"... they should be asking "pretty-please"... or begging.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Instead of "Calling For" and "Demanding"... they should be asking "pretty-please"... or begging.

Why waste your time here? You could be writing comedy. I bet some stand-up comedians might be interested.
You're a scream! ( A little on the low-brow side, but I think you have promise.)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Why waste your time here? You could be writing comedy. I bet some stand-up comedians might be interested.
You're a scream! ( A little on the low-brow side, but I think you have promise.)

Thanks for the advice, but there's no place I'd rather be on this New Year's Eve than right here on ATS!

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

aww, sorry. Maybe next year your prospects will be better.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
For those interested the hearings for Jeff Sessions appt are on now.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Dems really going on the attack...

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You mean they're busy making fools of themselves...

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: UKTruth

You mean they're busy making fools of themselves...

TheRedneck

yep ,,, discussion here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join