It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Selects Senator Jeff Sessions for Attorney General

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Don't correct the record for them they don't care about facts.
He basically broke the back of the KKK in Alabama but he's a racist?
Looks like this is gonna be the best four years of crying imaginable.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Floridagoat

You will do the country a great service by documenting this.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

Now that Mr. Trump is president elect, I wish everyone would just accept it and watch how he picks people for these positions. He seems to be approaching this like a CEO and the U.S. is his company. To affect real change for the good you have to get serious and to pick the best person for the job, if they have a couple of flaws, you know everyone does, if not too serious no story. We have to look at actions and not words so much. We all have to drop these political lines and work together and admit the true problems we have.
We have to prioritize the real world problems we face and the time and resources we have at hand to deal with it, what makes sense. And to get this job done you have to have a staff that you can trust, people with teeth like a pitbull. That is why he is spending all this time with these folks. It is time to bury the hatchet and get to work fixing this crap situation this country is in. Action has to happen fast, and whoever is picked, I feel confident they are the right choice for the situation, to get things done.
Trump is very smart with people, needs a few filters, but a smart man. He doesn’t have to have all the answers he just needs to know where to get them and have staff that takes action when needed, he needs to listen to these people. Trump knows the art of the battle, its dirty but in the end step above the crap pile and start working to gain control of America again with whoever it takes. Take Christy for example, Trump used him for his connections and influence during the election, then when it came to giving a position Trump cut him loose, because you cannot ever trust a guy like Cristy. That man goes where the wind blows, He served his pourpose. Anyways Just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

Well actually he would put people in power who recognize the constitution.

Ted Cruz would have been a better ag pick. Not a guy who lobbies to stop states from medical marijuana, and who thinks it has no medical value.

His first pick was a divisive Bannon.

Yeah he has no idea what he is doing. His father was a crook who stole from the taxpayers and he passed it on to trump.

You will see. Picking such loudmouths as he is will be a disaster in Congressional dealings. This cabinet is like jv squad from the bush administration.

You will also see how unconservative his tax plan is, how stupid his trade tariff ideas are, and how expensive and useless the wall idea is.

By the way I am a conservative. I didn't vote for clinton and never would.
edit on 19-11-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Floridagoat

Jef session is the guy who said "I was ok with the kkk until I found out they smoked pot"

Look it up.

(post by burgerbuddy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I get that he lobbies against states rights and the medical marijuana industry and is about to be the AG.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

I get that he lobbies against states rights and the medical marijuana industry and is about to be the AG.

Well we'll see what Trump has to say about that!

Can't let the AG just go wild, right?

Next thing ya know they be selling guns to drug cartels, contempting congress and not prosecuting criminals!

edit on 11 19 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Again not a Democrat but Bush was the one who came up with the idea.

One of sessions main policy platforms is bolstering the war on drugs.

Are you one of these people who think the opposite of the last guy who sucked is the solution? In my 25 years of voting it's never worked out.

The pendalum swings between both extremes and always missed the common person who just wants to work, spend time with their family, and eat good food.

I am a fiscal conservative. Trump's tax and tariff plans are a disaster

Tax plan will grow debt 10 trillion in ten years (by conservative tax foundarion estimates....like a dozen of them )

So no my friend I am waiting for an actual conservative to get in the white house someday.

As it stands the last one was a Democrat and he imposed the last balanced budget tax cut in 1964.

Everyone after has been a gimmick that leaves massive debt.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

townhall.com...

heavy.com... controversy-controversies-attorney-general/

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Jef session is the guy who said "I was ok with the kkk until I found out they smoked pot"

Look it up.

Looks like Trump selected someone with the balls to endure another Smear Campaign just like Trump endured. But go ahead preach these baseless facts.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Sorry but your sources are about as unbiased as salon.

I live in SC. I have listened to this d bag for years.

He rails time and time agan that the war on drugs isn't stron enough, that people who smoke pot are bad people, that medical marijuana should be banned.

The war on drugs is a total failure and cost many lives and wastes money.

Here we are with are massive addiction problem. Mostly done with pharmaceuticals that loby guys like sessions.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

correction you have a labor force of 2 million that works for pennies an
hour called the prison system the war on drugs is doing gangbusters profits are astronomical
edit on 19-11-2016 by khnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

True. I was part of the labour group of furniture makers trying to stop prison labour from producing federal government furniture.

We failed in case you were wondering. Three years later the eBay was full of factory equipment.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

And your opinion is moot as well. Sessions explained himself as making a joke considering he was prosecuting the head of the Klan at the time he made the comment.

Regarding breaking the back of the Klan, the prosecution of Hayes by Sessions as AG for Alabama lead to this below and look who I found hosting the article.

www.nytimes.com...

edit on 19-11-2016 by Floridagoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

First off. I am not a liberal so the nyt doesn't give me arousal.

SeconD your missing the point. The man is a divisive political figure. He is not fiscally conservative and does not believe in states rights.

You haven't addressed his want for an expanded drug war and for medicAL marijuana to be banned.

Those are some his meat potato issues. The Hayes trial wasn't over the klan though was it. It was over people caught murdering. Things it would be impossible to sweep under the rug.

So big deal he prosecuted some murders who were pretty much caught red handed.

The new standard is doing your job when it's glaringly obvious I guess.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
First of all, the AG is actually a administrator not a prosecutor.
He will execute the policies of the C & C or he won't be there for very long.
His personnel opinions on certain matters are totally irrelevant.
There is so much I would like to say, but.............
A lot of it will be coming out over the next few weeks.

And, as far as Mike Pompeo goes, well the spooks and spookets have always kinds ran under their own power anyway.
He'll never know about half of what's going on, like most DCIs before him.

There's a plan in everything kid.

Buck

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

It's pretty obvious the cabinet positions very in policy power through the presidents. The AG is far more than an administrator. That is rediculous.

Especially when you have an president shooting from the hip hoping he hits something. Also an unwanted influence.

I could have liked Ted Cruz possibly but sessions is just a nobody who hasn't done anything of exception except hold some pom poms.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

townhall.com...

Thanks - that is what I recalled reading in various sources over the years.
Sessions was smeared by enemies who made things up.
Any "evidence" was third-party he-said accounts with no relativity to his actual actions.

It is the same thing they did with Trump - twisting his words to say he is racist just because he wants secure borders and to protect Americans from terrorism.
Slandering with cries of "racist" has become a common theme in the liberal tool-box.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Really? The Reagan reject?

What has he done to drain the swamp? Included a get nothing done senator. How many business owners did he jail with any bills he wrote? As a state AG did he prosecute farmers and constructing companies for emploYing illegals.

Or do you buy the horse and poney show of carting a few thousand off every month.

The majority come for work.

Personally I think an expidited 6 month work visa with a path to some kind of permanent work visa is a better solution but hey who cares about the price of labour that doesn't effect anything like groceries or construction.

PS it's a good thing he doesn't want to raise the cost of imports through tariffs at the same time or else this could be a disaster for the consumer.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join