It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Selects Senator Jeff Sessions for Attorney General

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Disappointing. I don't know much about this guy so the research will go on.

I wanted Trey Gowdy. Maybe he didn't want the job.

Source

WASHINGTON — President-elect Donald J. Trump has selected Senator Jeff Sessions, a conservative from Alabama who became a close adviser after endorsing him early in his campaign, to be the attorney general of the United States, according to officials close to the transition.

Well who is Jeff Sessions???

Mr. Sessions, a former prosecutor elected to the Senate in 1996, serves on the Judiciary Committee and has opposed immigration reform as well as bipartisan proposals to cut mandatory minimum prison sentences.

Seriously disappointing.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I had heard that Gowdy felt that he could do more good in his current position.

It seems that Sessions' views regarding illegal immigrants are in line with Trump's views, so that's a good thing.

edit on 11/18/16 by BlueAjah because: eta

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

Maybe he is saving Gowdy for that special prosecutor. That will be fun for the next four years, watching trials.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I had heard that Gowdy felt that he could do more good in his current position.

I understand that perspective but choosing someone on the Buffet/ Wells Fargo payroll is bull#.

Direct conflict of interests.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

President-elect Donald Trump has selected Sen. Jeff Sessions to be his nominee for the next attorney general, an official close to the transition process told CNN Friday.

The official said the offer had been made officially but it was unclear as of Friday morning whether Sessions had accepted.

When asked whether Sessions had been offered the attorney general position, Republican National Committee spokesman Sean Spicer told CNN Friday, "until Donald Trump says it, it's not official."

Trump leak ... The two men involved haven't stated it yet.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Oh good.

Thank god.

Let's hope he picks someone who isn't pro drug war and higher incarceration rates for victimless crimes on the Wells Fargo payroll.

Someone with lot's of RICO experience with the intent of cleaning out congress.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Maybe he is saving Gowdy for that special prosecutor. That will be fun for the next four years, watching trials.

If not AG, then this would be my preference for him - if he keeps on his current path and continues to rise in reputation and gain respect, he'll be a serious contender for 2020/24.

Now, I'm going to take a look at this Sessions fella, see what he's all about.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Awesome! A pro drug war moral dictator!

I hope he gets blocked by state's rights republicans.
edit on 18-11-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I read that Reagan tried to get Sessions a federal Judgeship in 1986 but it never got out of the Senate judiciary committee due to Sessions history of racist remarks towards African-Americans.

That will 100% be a show stopper in confirmation.

Things that make you go hhmmmm ...

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
It sounded like CNN just said they had excepted but the data I posted was from CNN shortly before.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darkmadness
a reply to: roadgravel

Oh good.

Thank god.

Let's hope he picks someone who isn't pro drug war and higher incarceration rates for victimless crimes on the Wells Fargo payroll.

Someone with lot's of RICO experience with the intent of cleaning out congress.

I hope this pos is blocked. An AG needs to be constitutionally minded or we just go back and forth between liberal and conservative progressives.

An AG like supreme court justices should be a very neutral political figure. The law shouldn't be interpreted by your political party in such a drastic way.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Agreed.

Not happy.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

What did he call them super predators?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

A guy who holds conferences against medical marijuana is going to be an AG.

A man with a history of racially disparaging remarks cleaning up lazy immigrants.

Guess this shows Trump has no idea what he is doing.

Unless it's to continue those protests. Then he is doing great. Can't wait till the blue collar guys line up with real anger when the cpi goes crazy from his trade wars.

I love free markets but there is a serious rats nest to undo before you mess with the price of goods.

Mix that with some racial and social unrest. Yipee!

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier This may be a general public attaboy for Sessions and the transition team [and Sessions] expect it to be blocked. Sessions can then withdraw and show unity when his past transgressions are brought to light.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Trump is a lizard person. Check out davbid Ickes take on the lizard people.

Do you guys believe in lizard people?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
A former Reagan and Bush republican. I thought Donnie was supposed to be against establishment lackeys but he seems to be welcoming them with open arms.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Since Jeff Sessions was repeatedly re-elected by the Black voters of Alabama, the MSM is way overblowing the racism angle of Sessions. Besides, if the liberal media is against him, he's met the first criteria of being qualified, IMO.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Well that would be a miracle. He ran uncontested and isn't governing a black majority district.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
All these leaks or information on who Trump has or is deciding to pick I will take with massive grains of salt.

Through this whole election I cannot trust anything msm says and still cannot trust the msm. I will wait for a statement from Trump himself or someone who's actually in the Trump camp. To criticize a man going out for dinner with his family is so ridiculous the 1 percentage of credibility I gave the msm they have lost.

I will believe it when like I said Trump or some one in his circle makes a statement.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join