It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally Heard From a Friend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Greetings fellow members,

I awoke this morning to a communique from a friend I have not seen here in... God, I do not know how long. Tidings were not in any way happy, but the knowledge that the member in question had not somehow checked out of the mortal realm, as I had feared, has taken a great weight off my heart and mind.

So this is a shout out, to all of you who are still here, still watching, just not posting, and most particularly to the person who sent me that message...

You are missed, you are valued.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I feel I can relate to your post so much.

I experienced similar. A male friend finally reached out after months and although time seems to have changed the nature of our relationship somewhat, I know that he is alive and getting along. That made me breath a *sigh* of relief for him and his family. We shared so much.

The female friend, who we are in contact outside of ATS also reaches out, periodically or as she is able, and it means the world to me. The news is never what I hope for her situation but, just knowing that she is still among the living (gives hope) and takes the time to 'check in' so to speak can make my day and I hope that knowing that I will always be on the line for her can help her in some way.

A very wise and kind member (who insists on THAT being a secret) said to me recently that 'we are fellow humans on the other side of these bytes and keystrokes' (loosely paraphrased).
He is very correct. Sometimes connections are made that defy reason, IMO, and they can be strong.

So glad you heard from your friend!

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

All I would say, is that the world can be a cold place.

Those who know me, are aware that I do not do well in hot weather, because I carry my fire with me wherever I go. That fire though, grows dimmer when the people in my life are absent from it. Its a cold place to find oneself, wondering whether people are ok, rather than having the ability to reach out and know that they are.

Just a plea to everyone... do not be strangers. The world is strange enough.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

The world can be a very cold place and some folks are very isolated within it.

My ATS friends, some of whom I have never or may never hold in my arms in real life have seen me through more than one rough patch and I imagine we will see each other through many more (at least I hope we are around for a long time).

I hope that I can bring them even a smidgen of the support and joy that they have brought me over the years.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
s n f amigo glad they made contact. .

live long and prosper!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
The female friend, who we are in contact outside of ATS also reaches out, periodically or as she is able, and it means the world to me. The news is never what I hope for her situation but, just knowing that she is still among the living (gives hope) and takes the time to 'check in' so to speak can make my day and I hope that knowing that I will always be on the line for her can help her in some way.

Is that who I think it is?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yes.

And, I'm hoping she is able to open her laptop and feels like lurking...

edit on 18-11-2016 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I must say that after a few moths away it was good to see some familiar faces but it seems that some others are sadly lacking, I am aware that some say have overstepped the mark and others are staying away due to the current US political situation and the overwhelmng number of threads about it but it would be nice to see a few more familiar faces I agree.

On a happier note I did see an old face and although not all that familiar as friends was someone who's absence I had noticed over the past year or so and was relieved they were still alive and well and had not been taken away by the MIB for speaking out on here!

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Meh, I don't like any of you I just enjoy arguing

...was sad to hear about BlupBlup though, I loved arguing with him and we'd made our peace via PM's....even laughed that we'd probably end up brawling if we 'debated' in the pub.
Thoughts to his family and friends if any read this x

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Meh, I don't like any of you I just enjoy arguing

...was sad to hear about BlupBlup though, I loved arguing with him and we'd made our peace via PM's....even laughed that we'd probably end up brawling if we 'debated' in the pub.
Thoughts to his family and friends if any read this x

Yeah, it's the argumentative ones I don't seem to have seen much of since I got back and the ones that are the most fun to play with

Was suprised about Blupblup and never really crossed swords or fought side by side but will be another member that will be missed.

Still here then? I assume your still treading the thin line between loveable rouge and banned for life as per usual?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Yes I will also appolgise, not at all like us to go off topic and use foul language is it?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Sweet is the memory of distant friends! Like the mellow rays of the departing sun, it falls tenderly, yet sadly, on the heart.

Irving

I have VERY few people I consider friends in real life.. even fewer online. Interestingly enough, the few most dear to me were found on here... ATS. I dont even have to speak to them, just knowing they are well and alive is enough

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

It makes me want to suggest a lurker roll call.

You know, just let us know who is still out there, raise a hand, send up a flare... Something like that.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

It makes me want to suggest a lurker roll call.

You know, just let us know who is still out there, raise a hand, send up a flare... Something like that.

I think that is a good idea mate,

I think I did a similar thing a while back?

It would be good to see a few faces that are still here but silent amidst the tides of trump threads without having a good old bitch about the fact

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Very happy for you! It is heart breaking when you don't hear from someone in some time and are left wondering what happened and how they are. I wish more would reach out.

top topics

join