It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your Favorite book in the Bible?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Genesis
Kinda mirrors modern day physics and the creation of the universe

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Revelation, it is like star wars, the bad guy think's he can dominate and is defeated, the good guy and the oppressed people are set free then they live for ever, the bad guy, his army and his followers on the other hand get there just desert's.

Other than that the four gospel's.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Can you elaborate on that? Should be an interesting read

To my basic knowledge it's sort of accepted that alot of things existed before earth, rather than everything being built around the earth.
edit on 18-11-2016 by GemmyMcGemJew because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98
a reply to: Padawan Raggedyman

Padawan #2!!!

I really dont mind if you call me gnosisfaith.

Why?

1. People who know Padawan #1 was gnosisfaith knows his not me. So fail there home schooled one.

2. People who dont know Padawan #1 is gnosisfaith dont know what your talking about! So fail #2 there ohh home schooled one.

So I dont mind Padawan.

Darth Coomba98

Sad that you have made this about me and not the topic
Sometimes comba, sometimes it would be good if you acted like an adult

Now run along and clean up your room, brush your teeth and I will tick you in

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I have two favorites...Psalms and Proverbs.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Proverbs. Succinct, accurate and because "there's nothing new under the sun" (Eccl.) the human behaviour described in that book is still as relevant and appropiate to consider today as it was when it was written. For example, Proverbs 29:9:

When a wise man enters into a controversy with a fool, There will be ranting and ridicule, but no satisfaction.

Very appropiate for ATS or internetforums in general (to consider). Or how about this one that is still very famous (except for the related proverb right after it):

Pride is before a crash, And a haughty spirit before stumbling. (Proverbs 16:18)

19 Better to be humble* among the meek Than to share the spoil of the haughty. *: Lit., “lowly of spirit.”

That chapter btw is full of gems, some of which are hard to fully understand for those who have no interest in the bible or its author Jehovah, some of which are easy to verify or observe in human behaviour and phenomena related to it:

How much better to acquire wisdom than gold! To gain understanding is to be chosen over silver.

The one who shows insight in a matter will find success, And happy is the one trusting in Jehovah.

21 The wise in heart will be called understanding, And the one kind in speech adds persuasiveness.

22 Insight is a fountain of life to those possessing it, But fools are disciplined by their own foolishness.

23 The heart of the wise one gives his mouth insight And adds persuasiveness to his speech.

24 Pleasant sayings are a honeycomb, Sweet to the soul and a healing to the bones.

25 There is a way that seems right to a man, But in the end it leads to death.

27 A worthless man digs up what is bad; His speech is like a scorching fire.
[see if you can spot this one in this thread]

I also like the letters to Timothy when it comes to describing the way people deceive and deceive themselves (self-deception, cherry-picking what they want to feed their minds with in an unhealthy way, see my signature and description under my name, Proverbs also addresses this again).
edit on 18-11-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I like Psalms. I can't say I "like" Revelation, but I've been drawn to and fascinated by it for a long time. I also like John and 1 John. I also like the account of Exodus.
edit on 18-11-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hiya buddy

Acts of the Apostles. It sets out how followers of Jesus are supposed to behave (spoiler alert, it's not how Christians in America generally behave.)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic
verse 24 btw is both literally and figuratively true and experimentally confirmed. Literally for example by something that scientific articles have labeled the placebo effect (allthough differently described in definitions of this effect, emphasizing the effect in someone's mind of these "pleasant sayings"). We have not yet figured out all the details how this exactly works but we have observed and measured the effect in a number of experiments (sufficient for the medical community to acknowledge the reality of this effect and the link to the cause). The verse in question also hints at the connection between mental processes/mental 'health' and physical health. Perhaps my erlier terminology "firguratively true" wasn't quite clear about what I meant with that. The deeper meaning of the verse is what I'm thinking about, in essence it's the Hebrew equivalent of the English expression "good for your health" (both physically and mentally, where both also can affect eachother positively).
edit on 19-11-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I don't have a favorite book. Psalm 23 gives me great comfort and peace.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Judith...

A short read with, perhaps, one of the funniest things in the whole bible.
I busted into a great laughter when I read it. Surely... my curiosity was appeased.

Funny Jews...

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Ecclesiastes. I'm not Christian but I thoroughly enjoy reading this book. So many life lessons in this book. I have read this book over 10 times and each time I gain new perspectives on life.

"Moreover, no one knows when their hour will come: As fish are caught in a cruel net, or birds are taken in a snare, so people are trapped by evil times that fall unexpectedly upon them." -Ecclesiastes 9:12

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I have no favorite book section of the Preserved Holy Bible. For like God does not regard any one man over another, neither do I regard any one of his inspired sections of scripture over another.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Well...

you already said a while back that you would take pauls writing over the gospels...

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The book of John. It's different than Matthew, Mark, and Luke for a reason. A lot of the mysteries are wonderfully presented to followers.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Colossians, followed closely by Isaiah, which is sort of a little mini Bible.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I love the book of John! The story of Christ’s birth, and the fact he came to be my Lord and Savior! There is no way to God but through Christ. John 3:16 and I love him and will die for my faith. He is my LORD AND SAVIOR!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join