It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan electors cite threats over Trump vote

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
So the same party who wouldn't stop blabbering about Trump accepting or not accepting a loss, are having their people threaten to put guns in the mouths of Trump electors who would simply be following the choice of the voters they represent.

That's not on hypocritical by the left, it's 100% anti-American, never mind criminal.
edit on 17-11-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

(post by Bone75 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

On Dec. 19, the 22-year-old Banerian is scheduled to join 15 other Michiganians to cast their electoral votes for Republican President-elect Donald Trump. But Trump’s opponents have deluged Banerian and other GOP electors with pleas and nasty emails to reverse course and cast their ballots for Clinton, according to the Michigan Republican Party.

“You have people saying ‘you’re a hateful bigot, I hope you die,’ ” he said. “I’ve had people talk about shoving a gun in my mouth and blowing my brains out. And I’ve received dozens and dozens of those emails. Even the non-threatening-my-life emails are very aggressive.”
SOURCE

The Electoral College consists of 538 electors. Under the circumstances we face, I believe they should be given special protection by local police and/or federal authorities.

Who would have imagined something like what's described in the story linked above in years past? Is it a completely new phenomenon in American history?

If it were in my power, I would treat the 538 electors as something like a sequestered jury or possibly put them in something like the United States Federal Witness Protection Program until they vote. What do you think is appropriate here?

Obama won't do anything, he will allow the Brown Shirt tactics to continue until his last hour in office.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
a reply to: DBCowboy

Also bear in mind that the Electoral vote on Dec 19 is NOT the final step. The Electoral vote has to be ratified by Congress in January before it becomes official.

Hopefully by then, the popular vote count will be better known.

Too many votes remain uncounted and there appears to be valid disputes on millions of votes, mostly democratic.

Military absentee ballots need to be counted as well. The Democrats always make it hard to get the ballots in time so they get counted real late and a few times there needed to be court proceedings to get them in.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Profusion

On Dec. 19, the 22-year-old Banerian is scheduled to join 15 other Michiganians to cast their electoral votes for Republican President-elect Donald Trump. But Trump’s opponents have deluged Banerian and other GOP electors with pleas and nasty emails to reverse course and cast their ballots for Clinton, according to the Michigan Republican Party.

“You have people saying ‘you’re a hateful bigot, I hope you die,’ ” he said. “I’ve had people talk about shoving a gun in my mouth and blowing my brains out. And I’ve received dozens and dozens of those emails. Even the non-threatening-my-life emails are very aggressive.”
SOURCE

The Electoral College consists of 538 electors. Under the circumstances we face, I believe they should be given special protection by local police and/or federal authorities.

Who would have imagined something like what's described in the story linked above in years past? Is it a completely new phenomenon in American history?

If it were in my power, I would treat the 538 electors as something like a sequestered jury or possibly put them in something like the United States Federal Witness Protection Program until they vote. What do you think is appropriate here?

Obama won't do anything, he will allow the Brown Shirt tactics to continue until his last hour in office.

He's hoping they will stop the "crude nationalism" going on.

My guess is, at best they might treat it as voter intimidation but they should set a precedent, with the fullest extent of the law or create a new law if needed.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Profusion

I don't believe him. He's self promoting and I don't believe these threats for one minute.

Banerian said he doesn’t fear the threat makers. He said many people are bolder on the keyboard than in person.

“They disturb me. But I wouldn’t say I’m afraid,” he told The Detroit News and then cut short the telephone conversation.

BS!

If this were true, the police/FBI would be all over it! He wouldn't be casually talking about it on the internet, there would be a huge investigation going on.

The police have to receive a complaint first. This is still a local issue, FBI wont get involved unless it becomes a federal issue, which it is not.

Don't outright dismiss it due to ignorance.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

It can't happen in Michigan.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

It's happening in Idaho as well:

Idaho Secretary of State: Stop harassing electors

Idaho’s Republican electoral college electors have been getting a lot of phone calls both from Idahoans and from other states who are trying to get them to change their vote, and some of the calls are “crossing into what could reasonably be considered harassment,” according to the Secretary of State’s office.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   
If electors are being threatened and then change their vote, it could invalidate their vote.
It would show that they gave in to fear and threats.

Since 1948, there have only been 9 faithless electors.
source

So if we see a significant number of faithless electors this election, I think it would be very suspect, and would likely cause a civil war.

edit on 11/18/16 by BlueAjah because: eta

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I don't believe him. He's self promoting and I don't believe these threats for one minute.

Banerian said he doesn’t fear the threat makers. He said many people are bolder on the keyboard than in person.

“They disturb me. But I wouldn’t say I’m afraid,” he told The Detroit News and then cut short the telephone conversation.

BS!

If this were true, the police/FBI would be all over it! He wouldn't be casually talking about it on the internet, there would be a huge investigation going on.

Ah yes, the people actually being hateful, the Progressive left, couldn't possibly do this... meanwhile the stories about nasty Trump supporters must be true

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Want a revolution?

You will get one when and if the electoral college flips it's vote's all bet's are off.
The left ain't seen nothing yet, they are amateurs.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
So an anti-Trump PAC is responsible for doxxing the electors:

Anti-Trump Protesters Post Personal Information Of Electoral College Members

The #NotMyPresident Alliance, a national anti-Donald Trump protest group, has released the personal information of dozens of Electoral College members in states that voted Republican.

A spreadsheet distributed to supporters Wednesday included the personal phone numbers, addresses, religions, races, genders, and candidate preference of the electors. The document does not have a complete set of data on every elector.

The group hopes that its members and citizens around the country will contact electors and persuade them to change their vote from Donald Trump to another candidate before Dec. 19, when electors cast their votes.

This is interesting:

Portland’s Resistance, which is a part of #NotMyPresident, was originally included on the spreadsheet as cosigning on the release of information. But Gregory McKelvey, the leader of the Resistance, told BuzzFeed News he didn’t know the disclosure was happening, and he asked the Alliance to remove his group’s name.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

The votes have been "pledged" but not submitted until December 19.

Not in Michigan they have not...not to the best of my knowledge anyway. All 49 other states have 'pledged', but not Michigan.

ETA...and this may be part of the problem too, the fact that they (the MI electors) have not "pledged". With 100% of the vote in and counted (for some days now), but no pledges from the electors is probably seen by the left as an opportunity to still influence how these votes are pledged and ultimately cast.

edit on 11/18/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

no need to do any of those things they just need to ENFORCE the laws!

you know why stuff like this didn`t happen 20 or 30 or 40 years ago? because you get your ass thrown in jail.

Agreed- let's put our ridiculous over inflated military police budget to work!
I've seen many stories of idiots being arrested for making threats on friend face, how is this any different?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

I am ignorant on this, but why are they voting? Isn't the election over? *confused*

On election night (and the following couple days, depending on how close the popular vote is) electors of the Electoral College "pledge" their votes, meaning they state publically how they will cast their votes when they officially cast those ballots on December 19. The official process actually happens on 12/19. Between election night and 12/19 it is academic, but not official. Following the official EC voting process Congress then votes to ratify the votes of the EC. The last step, which is largely ceremonial, is completed on Jan 20 where the incoming "president" is "sworn in".

THEN it's official...official.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Presumably there are laws making this criminal behaviour. Certainly it would be illegal to intimidate or bribe a voter in the main polls, and it would make sense to have extended that to the Electoral College.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Consider the source listed in the OP...the Detroit News, a notoriously "left" leaning media organization. I seriously doubt they would run such a story on their dear little hooligans if it were not true. And you can bet your backside there was quite a bit of hand wringing and teeth gnashing before the editor okayed that story for release and publication too!

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
For the record...here is MI as it stands right now...

MI Vote

Looks to me like Trump won the popular vote, but the margin is razor thin at 10k +/- votes, or 0.3%.

Looking at the county by county breakdown I don't see how the electors can pledge/vote any way other than Trump really.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Buzzfeed doxxed the electors in an article. Left the info up for 10 hours until forced.

I hope they continue, these people will be considered poison over time and continue to slow kill the dem party

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Presumably there are laws making this criminal behaviour. Certainly it would be illegal to intimidate or bribe a voter in the main polls, and it would make sense to have extended that to the Electoral College.

While it may be illegal to intimidate voters, the DOJ did not pursue charges when it appeared the New Black Panthers were guilty of doing so in the 2008 election.

en.wikipedia.org...

Needless to say, I don't have a lot of confidence in our current Administration...
edit on 18-11-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join