It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About What Constitutes "Fake News" for the Left Which They Want to Ban.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

21st Century Truisms -

In Politics , Truth is so Precious that she should Always be Attended by a Bodyguard of Lies .

NWO.com

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: xuenchen

"The Great Firewall of China."

Amnesty International notes that China "has the largest recorded number of imprisoned journalists and cyber-dissidents in the world"[3] and Paris-based Reporters Without Borders stated in 2010 and 2012 that "China is the world's biggest prison for netizens."[4][5]

LOL ..... Well , if Unscrupulous Journalists can b e Imprisoned there , then maybe it's Time to Enact New Laws in Congress
to Keep the Rest of them Honest .

Good for job creation too !!

The size of the Chinese Internet police force was reported by the state government to be 2 million in 2013.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Here's the Answers

Exactly. That's what the the left wants to turn America into. Have these left wing fascists lost there minds?

They just declare: "We will tell you what is fake and what is real because you are all too stupid to determine on your own." It's nothing but censorship of opposing viewpoints because citizen journalists and independent media and journalists are doing a better job at reporting the truth of what is going on in America and around in the world. Their false narratives fed to them by the Democrats aren't working anymore and they've lost their credibility. Most Americans don't trust the corporate media anymore. They've been exposed for the frauds they are.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Amnesty International notes that China "has the largest recorded number of imprisoned journalists and cyber-dissidents in the world"[3] and Paris-based Reporters Without Borders stated in 2010 and 2012 that "China is the world's biggest prison for netizens."[4][5]

LOL ..... Well , if Unscrupulous Journalists can b e Imprisoned there , then maybe it's Time to Enact New Laws in Congress

The size of the Chinese Internet police force was reported by the state government to be 2 million in 2013.

Geez , if the U.S. had 2 Million Cops Online , think of the Truth we could Protect with that ......)
edit on 17-11-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It's so ironic that Fakebook is leading the charge on this.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

The left wants to ban all media and speech that doesn't fall in line with their beliefs.

No. You are wrong.

Is this like when we were wrong that Trump would win? How did that work out?

Trump's win should have been the "smelling salts" that woke the left up and informed them of all the things troubling to sane people, but alas even a crushing loss brought on by Hillary's obscene corruption didn't do it. Perhaps the left are going to remain in a coma. So sad.
edit on 17-11-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Both sides have "fake" news and I have been amazed all election cycle about how many people follow and repost them on Facebook. I think they have the right to lie their assess off and take advantage of idiots to get clicks for ad revenue... just as much as Facebook and Google should have the right to deny them ad revenue. Lies, disinformation and propaganda are the bane of modern journalism and media. I have gotten in a few arguments with numbskulls quoting bull# from these fake news sources. I have pointed out how they are wrong... with sources.. right in front of their faces and they still believed the fake news over reputed ones.

I lot can be said about a person by the measure of respect they have for the truth.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Where are you getting "ban" from and since when does one professor's list mean anything? Because 100percentfedup.com says so? After you got tricked into promoting a hoax last week, I'd think you'd be a little more circumspect. Guess not.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Geez , if the U.S. had 2 Million Cops Online , think of the Truth we could Protect with that ......)

Unemployment rate would plunge to 1.5%

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Realistically, had the media not squandered public trust the way it has, the rise of the alternative media would not be so prominent.

^^ This

They are dying due to their own stupidity a little bias is expected, but when it becomes blatant and some of it is outright lies you then get to witness your own demise.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Where does it say in your post that she wants these sites banned?

It says she circulated a list of sites "not to be trusted".

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Sounds like something we would have seen under Bush Jr. after 9/11.

Just sayin'

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Where are you getting "ban" from

Ask SkepticOverlord what would happen if his ad revenue was yanked.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
There are 3 targets for these hoax sites:

- dumb people (there are plenty)
- gullible people (quite a few of these)
- people prone to confirmation bias, espeically those emotionally invested in a topic

The latter of the 3 represents who gives them the most clicks. The dumb and the gullible are off chasing butterflies.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay
Where does it say in your post that she wants these sites banned?

It says she circulated a list of sites "not to be trusted".

In her opinion?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
Sounds like something we would have seen under Bush Jr. after 9/11.

Just sayin'

No arguments here....Bush Jr. was an awful president imo and I still seeth at the Patriot Act becoming law which it seems no president from now on will willingly get rid of as it ceded individual freedom to the government.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Do tell us Texan, has ATS officially ever endorsed biased and misleading or false news yes or not? Because i could show you at least a couple from the BS videos which is spreading false or misleading information... And tell us, have you ever starred/flagged any of those biased and false/misleading reports without ever having checked the facts?... Because if you have, which I am certain most of us have done so at least once, then you fall into the category of "the dumb and gullible"... Or is it just that we all have some sort of bias and tend to show that bias from time to time?... Does that make people "dumb and gullible"? because then everyone is guilty, including you, isn't that true?
edit on 17-11-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

I'm sorry? I can't watch the video, but in ElectricUniverse's OP, it says

The websites that the left wants to ban/remove in their claims that they are fighting "fake news" include:

and I went to the 100percentfedup site, and it doesn't say she wants to ban anything. I'm just wondering where he got that info from.
edit on 17-11-2016 by WhateverYouSay because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join