It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About What Constitutes "Fake News" for the Left Which They Want to Ban.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
We have heard the extremist far left wing party, and the mainstream news media proclaim that they "want to fight fake news". But what exactly does "fake news" means to the left?

The websites that the left wants to ban/remove in their claims that they are fighting "fake news" include:

ActivistPost.com
AnoNews.co
BeforeItsNews.com
InfoWars.com
IntelliHub.com
Breibart.com
zerohedge.com
WorldNetDaily
Among others.

This list was created by radical left wing professor Melissa Zimdars who supports extreme left wing violent riots, including supporting BLM protests/riots.

Meet The LEFTIST Assistant Professor Who Made Up Bogus List Of “Fake” Conservative Websites That Went Viral

Here is the document, where this left wing radical posted the websites she claims are all "fake news sites".

docs.google.com...

Who knew that a left wing radical professor would make such claim? But the worse part is that the mainstream media is following suit.

While some of the websites are true fake websites having names that sound similar to left wing websites like MSNBC.website or MSNBC.com.co, there are many alternative news sites in there which have presented very real news the mainstream media has not touched on, or when they do is much later after alternative sites have posted such news.

This is nothing more than an attempt by the left to suppress and even ban alternative news sites. You can be certain that this list will continue to be updated.

Here is another website that posts the list so far and which has been labeled as a fake news website.

www.zerohedge.com...

Websites like infowars have been blacklisted as the left attempts to destroy all Alternative websites that the left disagrees with.

www.infowars.com...

edit on 17-11-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add link.

edit on 17-11-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: fix video link.

+35 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Nice thread OP.

The left wants to ban all media and speech that doesn't fall in line with their beliefs.

It's funny that they are so quick to throw around the term fascists when they are in fact the closest thing to real life fascists we have had in the history of the US.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Here's the video........

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
[imo]

The MSM is using the old tactic of blaming everybody else for their own guilt and failures.

The MSM has been exposed this year more than ever before.

Citizens must continue to pound and pound away at their arrogance.

[/imo]

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

The left wants to ban all media and speech that doesn't fall in line with their beliefs.

No. You are wrong.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Thanks, made a mistake when posting the video link, but it's now fixed.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

So, a radical left wing professor, makes one list and you think all the left wants those sites banned? I read infowars, sometimes. It was my choice to watch the Assange all nighter.

Some should include more of a disclaimer, like BIN or places like someone's bones. But how would one even go about banning a website?

edit on 17-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

In your opinion.

You will see that popular opinion will agree with my statement.

Times are changing. People are becoming awoke.

Change is scary but everything will be alright.

edit on 17-11-2016 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

So, a radical left wing professor, makes one list and you think all the left wants those sites banned? I read infowars, sometimes. It was my choice to watch the Assange all nighter.

Some should include more of a disclaimer, like BIN or places like someone's bones. But how would one even go about banning a website?

Well they all act in unison don't they?

All for one and one for all.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
a reply to: reldra

In your opinion.

You will see that popular opinion will agree with my statement.

Times are changing. People are becoming awoke.

Change is scary but everything will be alright.

Popular opinion here might end up starring you to death, but it's not my opinion, what you state is simply not true.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Why would the extreme left act in unison with the non extreme left?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I need to find another source for her list, because it seems she also listed DrugeReport as a website they want blacklisted. Need to find confirmation for this.
edit on 17-11-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

+1 more 
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Why would the extreme left act in unison with the non extreme left?

Why wouldn't they?

+10 more 
link   

Leftist authoritarians wanting to censor and end free speech and control the flow and type of information.

This is my shocked face.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Are they banning The Onion?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
What happens if a website distributes fake news? They are flagged and a warning message pops up on the screen. That's all. Some people are making false news stories on purpose and publishing them. There needs to be a way to tell how reliable the information you want to get is.

In the end, an alternative website might end up distributing what could be considered fake news simply because they are willing to speculate on stuff. Someone like me likes that aspect and I am willing to go to sites that I believe are genuinely trying to promote their perspective. Warning me that some of the news on there is false is a point well taken, but I'll still go check it out.

Think of it this way: ATS already flags threads that are portraying factually false information. It is the right thing to do. ATS doesn't use this for political gain, however. That is why I disagree with letting a left-wing extremist make the list.
edit on 17pmThu, 17 Nov 2016 19:29:52 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

The google doc gives some common sense tips on how to spot fake news. Most posters here already know how to avoid using fake news sites with these characteristics.

Nowhere does it say to ban them.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
As soon as they started talking about banning media, I knew this was coming.

And note their playbook -- they started with clickbait sites that made stuff up and blamed the election failures on them. Now, they are expanding their list to a bunch of more underground alternative sites. Expect them to get around to labeling sites with though they do not approve of as "fake."

There are people on this site who won't have anything to do with sources whose bias they don't approve of preferring instead to label them as "fake."

Leftuies do this with FOX, and conservatives are likely to do it with MSNBC. Stop and think. Does that mean they are reporting lies or just not reporting the same set of facts in a way that you approve of? The same story can be reported in different ways depending on your personal perspective.

Still doesn't mean Obi Wan lied anymore than FOX or MSNBC does ... or some of these sites do.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Leftist authoritarians wanting to censor and end free speech and control the flow and type of information.

This is my shocked face.

The left promotes free speech. It is the right that often uses derogatory terms for the left when it is exercised.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yep, the Onion is in there.
and CosttoCoastAM as well.
edit on 17-11-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join