It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sawed Off .22 Rifle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Has anyone ever seen a .22 rifle sawn off to this length?
news.sky.com...

It was allegedly used along with a knife to kill a British politician.
edit on 17 11 2016 by Kester because: add detail

edit on 17 11 2016 by Kester because: americanese

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Some jackass ruined a perfectly good Ruger 10/22... A person can buy a semi auto .22 pistol brand new for less than the price of that 10/22.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Lies!! Guns are outlawed in Britain, he must have died from the stabbing a reply to: Kester

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

They're saying it's a Weihrauch.

It seems like a very odd weapon.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Some jackass ruined a perfectly good Ruger 10/22... A person can buy a semi auto .22 pistol brand new for less than the price of that 10/22.

It's not a 10/22, no magazine. But I would have used a pistol. I see no reason to shorten a rifle to that length.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Lies!! Guns are outlawed in Britain, he must have died from the stabbing a reply to: Kester

Not all guns are outlawed in GB. There are some significant hoops one has to jump through to own a rifle, but it is possible and many people do. I think they're limited to .22 LR and one of the conditions for owning one is the local cops can come into your home any time they choose - they choose, not you - to make sure your guns are stored in the manner outlined in the law.

It's entirely possible the weapon in the photo was stolen and modified to enhance concealment. It's also entirely possible he owned the rifle legally before cutting it down to make it easier to hide.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Why in the hell would you saw off a .22
What a tool

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Cohen the Barbarian

Fair point i guess in a world where you cant buy a proper pistol

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Thats most assuredly not a ruger 10/22 i have 2

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Looks like a little single shot bolt action. I bet the accuracy of that thing is non-existent. Especially if the barrel is not re-crowned after being chopped.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

It's not a 10/22, no magazine. But I would have used a pistol. I see no reason to shorten a rifle to that length.

Its obvious they had a job for a pistol and only had a rifle, so improvise

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
Looks like a little single shot bolt action. I bet the accuracy of that thing is non-existent. Especially if the barrel is not re-crowned after being chopped.

I agree. It does look like a bolt-action rifle.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cohen the Barbarian

originally posted by: WUNK22

Not all guns are outlawed in GB. There are some significant hoops one has to jump through to own a rifle, but it is possible and many people do. I think they're limited to .22 LR and one of the conditions for owning one is the local cops can come into your home any time they choose - they choose, not you - to make sure your guns are stored in the manner outlined in the law.

It's entirely possible the weapon in the photo was stolen and modified to enhance concealment. It's also entirely possible he owned the rifle legally before cutting it down to make it easier to hide.

I am from Tennessee and that kind of gun control is completely foreign to me. You should see what's in my truck. Most Brits would have an orgasm just from looking in the gun rack.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
Has anyone ever seen a .22 rifle sawn off to this length?
news.sky.com...

What kind of a smack-tard would think up something like this? His punishment should be a single shot to his nuggets, with this abomination of a ruger.

/sarcasm
edit on 17-11-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Why in the hell would you saw off a .22
What a tool

Probably because the bum stole it.... couldn't afford a handgun, steals a rifle... hack-job etc.
edit on 17-11-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

weirauch ??? An Air rifle? Really?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma

weirauch ??? An Air rifle? Really?

Pretty hard to see where it got pumped if an air rifle. As far as air rifles goes, many will think that is an absurd possibility, but today's air rifles are potent weapons, some up to at least .45 caliber with enough power to easily kill big game. The increase in the lethality of these guns is entirely due to the restricting of firearms.

As for the gun in the thread, it is obviously a .22 auto (.117?) because the magazine is visible. It seems to have virtually no rifled barreling so it is not very accurate.

A kid in my rural neighborhood decades ago had a cutdown Mossberg .22. with about a four-inch barrel. We would hold it underwater and watch the bullet dart out a few inches before the water resistance stopped it.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
pretty simple, its all they had access too. they had no knowledge about weapons other then loading and pulling the trigger.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
My thoughts exactly
Indigo
Delta
Ten
Tango

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

In that case , I wish it had blown up in the dumba** face.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join