It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Women shouldn't be allowed abortion

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
That seems to be ok to even the most staunch pro-lifer...... you gotta be on their "who counts and who doesnt count " list

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime

There is absolutely no difference in a monthly menstruation, or when a man masturbates compared to an early term abortion.

That's like saying there is no difference between an apple seed and an apple.

soulwaxer

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: eNumbra

I used it to refer to the product of sex, you then focused on it, asking if I had called it a child or if I had misspoke, as if the word child carries some sort of implicit weight.

It does, because it denotes the presence of human life.

And the willful, premeditated termination of it.

Otherwise known as "murder"; or in this case, more specifically, "infanticide".

in·fan·ti·cide
inˈfan(t)əˌsīd/
noun
the crime of killing a child within a year of birth.
a person who kills an infant, especially their own child.

What was that about not attempting to find victory through semantics?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=21541588]Kal No religion guides my opinion and I agree, born or not you are snuffing out a life which you never know could go on to cure cancer, or discover a revolutionary technology to the betterment of our species. It could also go on to be another Charles Manson but my point is the potential. Religious or not life is a gift of incredibly small odds. I mean does the idea of all those people who actually just abort because a condom broke or something sit right with you? All this coming from probably one of two or three people in Ireland under 25 that want to keep our ban
just my humanist opinion

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I would prefer we stay away from extremes; abortion being outlawed, abortion being mandatory/forced. The US has some cases of forced abortions since legalization, through court orders.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Life becomes a person when brain activity starts.

people are protected, life isn't
-makes this point by eating a burger-

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
if you really care about the sanctity of life why don`t you do something for the people who are already alive instead of trying to bring more of them into the world.
quality of life is more important than quantity, in 2012 there were 109,631,000 people on welfare in the U.S.
That isn`t living that`s just existing and surviving much the same as a mushroom or a shrub exists.

edit on 17-11-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Having seeing this issue, read about it, seen the court cases, and listened to both sides of this issue this is what can be stated:

The entire abortion debate, as it stands in this day and age is all about control over a woman’s right over her own body and nothing more.

For years this question as to who has control over a woman’s body and person has gone on. At one time a woman was used like chattel, with little to no rights at all, including not being able to own property or hold a job. Slowly that has started to change, yet the final aspect of that is now down to a medical procedure. And now there are aspects that no one ever considers in this discussion.

The first problem that comes up, is that of adoption. Far too many children end up in the foster care, an estimated 415,000 at any given day, where children are removed from the home and end up in the system. And part of this is due to the child protective services, that has its own set of problems, and combined with the cost and length of time to try to get a child to be adopted. And many of those children often have real problems that sometimes a parent has no way or idea on dealing with.

Now the next problem that shows up, is the drive by various politicians to cut programs that often hurts more than it helps and people embrace such. These social programs are often on the chopping block and under the threat of being cut time and time again, things like medicare, medicade, welfare and food stamps. Time and time again, during budget crunches or trying to balance a state or even federal budgets, these programs often end up on the chopping block, taking a percent here and a percent there, and often stuff gets cut where it makes it even harder. Currently as things stand, an expectant mother can expect help up until the child is at school age and then the social programs tend to go away or are seriously cut.

Next comes the one problem in the country and that is the education system of the country. Public schools run the entire gambit and often those that fail, or are in deplorable condition, it is the children that are the ones to suffer from such. Combined with some districts or groups are often at the bottom of the barrel and then it is where the emphasis is not on what it should be, but on something else, and the problems continue to grow or multiply. In some states, the state Governments have made a total mess of the state finances, the schools are often ones that suffer, being an area as well to cut.

While it is noble to claim the moral high ground and claim that all life is sacred, however the reality was best put forward by George Carlin:
Boy these conservatives are something aren’t they? They are all in favor of the unborn, they will do anything for the unborn, but once you are born, you’re on your own. Pro life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to 9 months. After that they don’t want to know about you, they don’t want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you’re pre-born, you’re fine; if you’re preschool, you’re #ed. Conservatives don’t give a # about you until you reach “military age”. Then they think you are just fine. Just what they’ve been looking for. Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers. Pro-life… pro-life… These people aren’t pro-life, they’re killing doctors! What kind of pro-life is that? What, they’ll do anything they can to save a fetus but if it grows up to be a doctor they just might have to kill it ? They’re not pro-life. You know what they are? They’re anti-woman. Simple as it gets, anti-woman. They don’t like them. They don’t like women.They believe a woman’s primary role is to function as a brood mare for the state.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Fetal brain activity only begins to exhibit consistant regular wave patterns

at about 25 weeks gestation.

A fetus/embryo becomes a baby only when it has the capacity to breathe

and exist out side the uterus. The earliest surviving baby is 21 weeks and 5 days.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: omniEther
Majority of women who have abortion were not raped and/or did not commit incest.

They just didn't want their baby amd I have to say that's a thin line between first-degree pre-meditated murder

Civil rights are violated when people are deprived of their basic rights in a discriminatory fashion. Unborn children are deprived of life which is the most basic right of all simply based on their location their mother’s womb and their developmental status. This is discriminatory, inhuman, and cruel.

Unborn human beings are living, separate, and unique. From the moment of "fertilization" better known as conception. a new human life is in existence. Ending this life is not ending “potential.” It is ending a life.

You speak of a right to life; if I have a right to life why must I pay to exist in this so called society?
I best you're okay with deporting the unwanted from America - but don't want to deport the unwanted from wombs everywhere; blatant hypocrisy.

Really though body autonomy is pretty important, if one can't choose what to do with their own body, why should you get to keep that healthy kidney?

The difference is the unborn are perfect like God. Once people are born they bite the apple and become sinners so they deserve to die. Also, they deserve to die because they probably are liberals who vote for Democrats.
Sure thing. We'll go along with that right after you prove that god and souls and stuff are real. M'kay?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

Just as there is no way for us of knowing what any other adult experiences.

really, reading what some of the pro-life crowd is saying about abortion makes me believe that they know these women's whole life stories!!

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Why is it that we feel we need to all have an answer to this?

I don't believe in abortion, but outlawing it will have the same effect the drug war has had. It will destroy lives, force the practice underground where it is unsafe, and have other consequences we can't even foresee.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: VP740
Do you think the child deserves any rights or consideration at all? Do you think the parents who created the child have any responsibility for it at all?

Using the term 'child' is emotive.

Abortion is the termination of a pregnancy before the fetus is

capable of independent life.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

capable of independent life.

Tell me something, how long after birth can a baby stay alive independently?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: omniEther

If you are a guy making that statement, then you would be forcing a woman to undergo a very dangerous and life threatening experience, and if she didn't feel right about it, and was forced to go through with it. The subsequent new life, may end up as just another unwanted citizen. The female could become depressed and suicidal. Its just not yours or any one else's choice but those who have to bear the burden.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
yet men get off scot free in life huh. "im not the one carrying the child so you deal with it tough luck woman"
im pro abortion. 100% no matter what the case.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

well, until it is born, there is really no alternative than for that person caring for it to be the mom, is there? once it's born, yes, it still needs care, but it's not in the same way... it isn't drawing it's nutrients directly from the mother's body, sharing her oxygen, ect... it's not being parasitic in nature in other words. if mom is busy or not up to the task, dad can feed the baby, or a babysitter can.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
btw lets engineer a way for men to be able carry the fetus. turns the tables a bit. tired of having to deal with getting fat and having a life growing inside of my body...

i only want the fun part like guys experience.

make it happen science!

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Women shouldn't be allowed abortion

Sure why not.

And while we're at it, let's tie ropes around all women's necks and toss them into the barn where chattel belong.

In fact, we just should stop "allowing" women to do anything.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Fetal brain activity only begins to exhibit consistant regular wave patterns

at about 25 weeks gestation.

A fetus/embryo becomes a baby only when it has the capacity to breathe

and exist out side the uterus. The earliest surviving baby is 21 weeks and 5 days.

My qualifications for what a person is, is different than yours.
your bar is set on survivability. mine is thought = person.

my qualifications hits around the 4th month, 3 to adjust for any possible error, yours is murky. what happens if a baby is born and survives at 21 weeks and 4 days? suddenly the extra day abortions were bad? what if treatment allows for 20 weeks? etc.

flimsy principles you stand on. I like my view on this. its far more rational and consistant. thanks

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join