It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Women shouldn't be allowed abortion

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: eNumbra

Why force someone to carry the child for 9 months?

Because murder is bad?

So you are saying a woman has no rights on the other end of the umbilical cord? I don't think it's as simple as because murder is bad. People have rights over their own bodies.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: omniEther

Fine. That is one viewpoint.

What about forced abortion? That is OK? What about familial shaming to get an abortion? Should the husband decide? Even for his daughters? All abortion should be illegal?

This is not some pat exercise in legalisms or law. Remember when they said "alcohol is evil" and they got it banned in the US? Suddenly mobsters were making money and law enforcement had to increase to match the violence and death doing something as "sane" as making alcohol illegal.

What do you think will happen if abortion is made illegal? What new agencies will have to be created to deal with all the new orphaned children? The doctors who perform such procedures? The unlicensed doctors who provide the same? Etc.

And why not just come out and say it? Overturn Roe v Wade if that is what you really feel?

Remember, it is always easier to destroy something than it is to create a better replacement. All you have done is voiced an opinion which is not "Civil Unrest" but a "Rant" or "General Chit-chat".

edit on 17-11-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: ellided over a verb

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Advantage

Ugh... Im going to be crude and its no fun to be crude when I cant see a persons face when I say things

Okay, #1 there is more to sex than the act of intercourse.. a LOT more, if you havent heard
#2 close to 80% of women have trouble with or do not have orgasm with intercourse.. look it up
#3 you can get pregnant with intercourse.. obvious

So it sort of makes me wonder what women are really getting out of quickies and partners who dont get them off.. usually an unwanted pregnancy I suppose. If women were more in touch with their own sexuality and men were forced to treat the woman as the sexual object she is at that moment and not a sperm dumpster.. we probably would have a lot less unwanted babies and abortions. It will never be any different in a Western society that demands women give into a mans sexual demands and normalizes a pump and dump. If people want to know WHY there are abortion clinics.. look at yourselves for that answer.. ideologies of the patriarchal persuasion.

The thing about sex is when it's happening you are not exactly acting with a rational mind.

Pro-choice late term abortions are probably a really bad thing. But I early term or day after pill should be woman's right in my mind because its her body to decide who it is to be used. If having an early term abortion is immoral it is up to God to decide. Hey if abortion was that big of deal our omnipotent God would have explicitly mentioned "abortion" in the Bible.

I think the Supreme court got it right with roe-vs-wade. It's a difficult issue but each person had rights over their own body.

Ive always been rational... and rationally chosen what I want.

Like I said, I dont care about what others do.. but they should be on the hook for it. If you dont belive in abortion and think its murder.. dont have one. You cant force others to do what you want.

But you have to admit very late term abortions where the fetus was able to survive on its own is a grey area. It's not so clear cut as the fetus has no rights. It's difficult issue and I can see the other point of view. But I still think there is point where a women's right to choose is valid. Maybe the first 3 months. Although many pro-lifers say a 2 week old fetus is capable of understanding calculus. You would think science would be able to shed some light on the whole consciousness alive point in the pregnancy. Maybe measure brain waves or something.

For me absolutely. I think its a horrific thing at any point, but some women kill their children... thats the way it is.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It is funny it is always the small gov, you can't tell me what to do with my body types that are the staunches defenders get the gubment out of our lives types that are the staunches defenders of this issue.

You all want to force someone else carry a fetus to term to just to make sure you stay on your high horse.
But once the baby is out you are there to tell this mother that she now needs to provide for this child with no help from anyone else because I just voted to cut your welfare and defund the clinic you would go to.

I am against abortion but I could never tell a woman what to do with her body. Pro choice but would hope that you don't make it.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zimnydran
For every fetus that you had no chance in hell saving. You passed by countless children who need your help now. Who go to bed each night knowing tomorrow won't be any better than today.
You passed them right up on your way to call some woman a murderer.... and sinner a whore.
There is nothing righteous about"maybe" saving the life of a fetus.......If you had to walk right past 5 needy children who desperately need your help now.

The person who brings a single mother a weeks worth of baby formula is a hero...... a person who stands in front of a clinic carrying a sign....... is a showman

And the millions of babies and children killed by American bombs.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Are you against mortality? Why would you care if another woman isn't allowed to have an abortion then? Might as well force people to do whatever we want. You make your own decisions for yourself, do what you feel like to other people, and people will do whatever they want to you as long as you can't stop them.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Ugh... Im going to be crude and its no fun to be crude when I cant see a persons face when I say things

Okay, #1 there is more to sex than the act of intercourse.. a LOT more, if you havent heard
#2 close to 80% of women have trouble with or do not have orgasm with intercourse.. look it up

So it sort of makes me wonder what women are really getting out of quickies and partners who dont get them off.. usually an unwanted pregnancy I suppose. If women were more in touch with their own sexuality and men were forced to treat the woman as the sexual object she is at that moment and not a sperm dumpster.. we probably would have a lot less unwanted babies and abortions. It will never be any different in a Western society that demands women give into a mans sexual demands and normalizes a pump and dump. If people want to know WHY there are abortion clinics.. look at yourselves for that answer.. ideologies of the patriarchal persuasion.

The thing about sex is when it's happening you are not exactly acting with a rational mind.

Pro-choice late term abortions are probably a really bad thing. But I early term or day after pill should be woman's right in my mind because its her body to decide who it is to be used. If having an early term abortion is immoral it is up to God to decide. Hey if abortion was that big of deal our omnipotent God would have explicitly mentioned "abortion" in the Bible.

I think the Supreme court got it right with roe-vs-wade. It's a difficult issue but each person had rights over their own body.

Like I said, I dont care about what others do.. but they should be on the hook for it. If you dont belive in abortion and think its murder.. dont have one. You cant force others to do what you want.

But you have to admit very late term abortions where the fetus was able to survive on its own is a grey area. It's not so clear cut as the fetus has no rights. It's difficult issue and I can see the other point of view. But I still think there is point where a women's right to choose is valid. Maybe the first 3 months. Although many pro-lifers say a 2 week old fetus is capable of understanding calculus. You would think science would be able to shed some light on the whole consciousness alive point in the pregnancy. Maybe measure brain waves or something.

For me absolutely. I think its a horrific thing at any point, but some women kill their children... thats the way it is.

I never he met you and I would treat you as being sacred. I don't understand how people who claim to be so religious have practically no empathy. Abortion is bad but bombing the Shiite out of brown people is okay. Don't even get me started on the death penalty!

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

No, but you could very well lose it that way.

Not really, the only thing you do by insisting upon the word child is appeal to emotion - a logical fallacy.

The anti-choice folks never win these debates, they just insist they stand upon a moral high ground while taking away one human beings rights over another's and claim victory.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulwaxer
a reply to: omniEther
Here is how I see it now: Who the f**k am I to play God

Who are you to pretend to be God by telling other people what they can or cannot do with their own body?

I said nothing at all about what people cannot do with their body. I only said what they cannot do with the body of their unborn child (kill it). Am I pretending to be God when I say you cannot murder another human being?

A mother does not own her fetus, just as she does not own her 3-year-old child. When someone says "my child", they generally don't mean that they own it.

soulwaxer
edit on 17-11-2016 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

ATTENTION PLEASE:

This is an emotional topic, so any uncivil or trollish posts will likely lead to a Posting Ban. Be forewarned, keep it civil!

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

So you are saying a woman has no rights on the other end of the umbilical cord?

She exercised her personal agency when she made the conscious decision to f#, knowing full well what the potential consequences of that act could be--consequences which are, in fact, the very purpose of the act itself.

Again, this all boils down to the abdication of personal responsibility in the pursuit of self-gratification--having the cake and eating it too. It's selfishness, pure and simple.

Barbaric, murderous selfishness of the worst order.
edit on 11/17/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I never he met you and I would treat you as being sacred. I don't understand how people who claim to be so religious have practically no empathy. Abortion is bad but bombing the Shiite out of brown people is okay. Don't even get me started on the death penalty!

Im not religious.. I just think funny things... and I also know I have to voluntarily accept responsibility if I kill something.
I also dont go in for these arguments of balls of cells or this or that. Its a baby when you want it and a ball of cells when you dont. Ive seen the same bitches who get abortions as a form of birth control act like the sacred mother of Jesus the moment they get a plus on the stick they peed on. Lets just call it what it is. Kill your fetus/ baby if you want. Its legal and we DO live in a secular society. Just dont expect everyone to agree with it.... and dont try to be cute with catch words and distance yourself from it psychologically. Take full responsibility for ALL of your actions.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Who has tocarry, have, raise, and nurture the baby?
Probably not the OP.....
Abortion is NOBODYS ELSES BUSINESS!

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Why force someone to carry the child for 9 months?

Because murder is bad?

So you are saying a woman has no rights on the other end of the umbilical cord? I don't think it's as simple as because murder is bad. People have rights over their own bodies.

The umbilical cord is the connection between the mother AND the child. Mother + child = 2 humans = 2 bodies. The mother owns the first one and the child owns the second one.

soulwaxer

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Not really, the only thing you do by insisting upon the word child is appeal to emotion - a logical fallacy.

YOU are the one who used the word.

I used it to refer to the product of sex, you then focused on it, asking if I had called it a child or if I had misspoke, as if the word child carries some sort of implicit weight.
edit on 11/17/2016 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: Hazardous1408

A source was requested so I provided one. They're meaningless if you can provide evidence that they are meaningless. I highly doubt that rape or incest are high compared to simply not wanting the child.

There is absolutely no difference in a monthly menstruation, or when a man masturbates compared to an early term abortion.

Sorry, the distinction is one of phase, and therefor a self created distinction. I DO NOT agree that a fetus = a child -- more than half of the population of the United States disagrees with you that it is, which is why abortion exists.

What makes the pro life definition correct and the pro choice definition incorrect? The bible/religion? What value does that have when nothing in it is sourced or verified?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I just don't get it man. Why is it so important to legislate morality? Why are we stuck with only 2 parties whose endgames end up with every right taken away from every citizen? Let's start removing laws instead. We don't have long until we are an entire nation of PC, vegetarian, mutes that are too afraid to sh*t or f*ck.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I used it to refer to the product of sex, you then focused on it, asking if I had called it a child or if I had misspoke, as if the word child carries some sort of implicit weight.

It does, because it denotes the presence of human life.

And the willful, premeditated termination of it.

Otherwise known as "murder"; or in this case, more specifically, "infanticide".

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: VP740

Are you against mortality? Why would you care if another woman isn't allowed to have an abortion then? Might as well force people to do whatever we want. You make your own decisions for yourself, do what you feel like to other people, and people will do whatever they want to you as long as you can't stop them.

I'm not the one forcing people to do things, I'm fighting to keep options open and rights intact. The rest of you post is an absurd strawman.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join