It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One More Reason Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn Shouldn't Be National Security Advisor

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Flynn has been lobbying for his foreign and domestic clients while he's been receiving security briefings as part of Trump's team.

Followers in the cult of hyper-masculinity are saluting Flynn's appointment, preferring to ignore his lobbying. This lobbying while sitting at security briefings in August should be troubling to all. It also reveals once again that Trump is a clueless leader.

Retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, who has reportedly been offered the role of national security adviser in Donald Trump’s White House, began receiving classified national security briefings last summer while he was also running a private consulting firm that offered “all-source intelligence support” to international clients.

Flynn’s relationship with his overseas clients is coming in for new scrutiny amid recent disclosures that two months ago, during the height of the presidential campaign, his consulting firm, the Flynn Intel Group, registered to lobby for a Dutch company owned by a wealthy Turkish businessman close to President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey.

Michael Flynn, Trump’s reported pick for national security adviser, sat in on intel briefings — while advising foreign clients

I'm also curious what Mr. Flynn would have to say about his pal Putin selling Russian tanks to Nicaragua

Nicaragua drops $80 million on Russian tanks

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: desert

There are no lobbyists allowed. Anyone who was a lobbyist has to cease it and accepts a lifetime ban on lobbying for foreign govts.

The liberal onslaught of smearing every pick is having the opposite effect.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Lets just let Trump make the big decisions for now and see what happens, ok?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Being an Indian here who discusses world politics with folks in South Asia on other forums, one thing i can confirm is LT. Gen Flynn is very respected. Michael Flynn is an Intelligence guy, right from starting off his career till 2014 he remained in Special Ops and Intelligence field. I assume he will be the ones who will be directly dealing with Iran, Syria and other conflict zones.

Personally speaking, This is an excellent choice by Trump.
edit on 19-11-2016 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
One interesting thing I just learned about Flynn, which makes me give him some points, is that he is in favor of a Marshall Plan for the Middle East, something Lindsey Graham has called for but is not favored by fellow Republicans who want govt spending stopped or over other concerns. What Graham and Flynn propose sounds good in general and could find support among some Democrats.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Well, now I have to subtract points.

He had technicians secretly install an Internet connection in his Pentagon office, even though it was forbidden.

There was also the time he gave classified information to NATO allies without approval, an incident which prompted an investigation, and a warning from superiors.

Lock him up!! Why isn't he in prison?? He's an intelligence elitist, and we don't need intelligence elitists running the country!

The Disruptive Career of Michael Flynn, Trump’s National-Security Adviser
edit on 26-11-2016 by desert because: ETA source

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join