It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Turner Compares Fox News to Hitler

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   

"Ted Turner called FOX an arm of the Bush administration and compared FOXNEWS's popularity to Hitler's popular election to run Germany before WWII.

Turner made the controversial comments in Las Vegas before a standing-room-only crowd at the National Association for Television Programming Executives's opening session.

His no-nonsense, humorous approach during the one-hour Q&A generated frequent loud applause and laughter, BROADCASTING & CABLE reports.

While FOX may be the largest news network [and has overtaken Turner's CNN], it's not the best, Turner said.

He followed up by pointing out that Adolf Hitler got the most votes when he was elected to run Germany prior to WWII. He said the network is the propaganda tool for the Bush Administration. "

[snip]

"A FOXNEWS spokesperson responded: "Ted is understandably bitter having lost his ratings, his network and now his mind -- we wish him well."

www.drudgereport.com...

The fact that Foxnews isn't a propaganda arm for the liberal left agenda, an agenda to control the masses, enrages the insanity within these people. Ted gave a 100 Billion to the UN and the UN still stole food from the mouths of children in Iraq with Oil for Food.

The insane left doesn’t "get it". Fox is more popular because it isn't left leaning and decidedly Bias. Much of America is waking up to the lies and propaganda of the major "OLD" media. I hope the "OLD" media "icons" such as ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN all die a very slow painful death. I hope they all starve to death (as corporations) from lack of viewers and lack of advertisers.....

Mod edit: No all-caps titles, please, per this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 26-1-2005 by DrHoracid]

[edit on 26-1-2005 by Spectre]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   
FOX tv?
reminds me of this guy, you all know form history,
if you didnt skip history class...

leading propaganda machine, designed to brainwash.

why is fox news so popular? because it has STRONG support from the current u.s. goverment, since they are both sucking each others private parts. and ofcourse they intend to have monopol over the information and media coverege.

one people,
one state,
one tv station,
one REICH!

HEIL!

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Horacid, do us a favor and stop polluting these forums with your partisan drivel.

I'm assuming the comparison Turner was trying to make was the fact that Hitler was indeed popular, but that didn't neccesarily mean he was good, in the same way that just because Fox News is popular, doesn't neccesarily mean it's good.

Now you want to know why Fox News is so popular? Quite simply, it has the best production values, period, aaand most of the news anchors are easy on the eyes if you know what I mean. In terms of bias, I've never found Fox News to be that badly biased (unless you're talking about just before the election, when their show Fox and Friends would essentially spend the hour bashing Kerry on trivial things like how he was dressed - I kid not,) of course they are always a bit to the right, not enought to irk me though.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Foxnews is more popular because it's more entertaining.
That's why they have the ratings.

I agree with 20-30% of what they say, but I watch Fox almost exclusively, because it's ENTERTAINing.

Of course, it's not news...

But sometimes there is a passing mention to something going on in the world.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   

"Ted Turner called FOX an arm of the Bush administration and compared FOXNEWS's popularity to Hitler's popular election to run Germany before WWII.

Weight Watchers is popular! They must be Hitler!
McDonalds is popular! They must be Hitler!

When will these idiots stop making these inane comparisons between anything remotely conservative and Hitler?

Godwin's law proves itself true once again.
Souljah, your post proves my point.:shk:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
fox news?

25 US marines killed in action in Falujah ... now sports

fox news fired a couple of its newspeople becouse they wouldnt lie about the harmfull hormones americans drink in their milk every day. The story never made the news. As for Ted Turner, hes just jelaous, he wants to ride the bushwagon too (weee weeee), thats where all the money is.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I seem to remember reading about the two journalists fired by Fox. They wanted to run a piece about Monsanto but FOX told them to change apects of the story and basically lie.
They refused and were sacked. A court then upheld the decision by FOX to sack them and in essence said that there was no reason for the network to tell the truth to it's viewers

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Your threads headline is complete disinformation. Let's break down the first line.

Ted Turner called FOX an arm of the Bush administration and compared FOXNEWS's popularity to Hitler's popular election to run Germany before WWII.

Any history book will tell you that due to Hitlers propoganda machine, Hitler was insanley popular in Germany before the war. Everyone loved him.

Therefore, Ted Turner is exactly right. FOX news is a republican propoganda machine, and Bush is a popular president. Therefore, the similarities are indeed present. What's there to dispute?

Just to be fair and balanced, please note that I am a card carrying member of the Republican National Committee.

This article is nothing more than a play on words to demonize Ted Turner. It insinuates that the headline is correct when it never even compares FOX News to Hitler. Being compared to a popular election is a lot different that being compared to the subject of an election that went on in the future to become one of the most ruthless dictators ever.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
so let me got this straight, those of you that for whatever reason don't like Fox would rather believe Turner is making an accurate and unbiased comparison of Fox instead of realizing he's just another company owner getting his ass beat in the ratings and is now trying to attack his opponent? who again is beating his ass in ratings.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by astroblade
so let me got this straight, those of you that for whatever reason don't like Fox would rather believe Turner is making an accurate and unbiased comparison of Fox instead of realizing he's just another company owner getting his ass beat in the ratings and is now trying to attack his opponent? who again is beating his ass in ratings.

He doesn't own the company anymore. He sold it to Time Warner.

www.cjr.org...

By the way, is the foul language necessary?

Edit: Spelling

[edit on 26-1-2005 by thirddensity]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
"fox news fired a couple of its newspeople becouse they wouldnt lie about the harmfull hormones americans drink in their milk every day. The story never made the news. As for Ted Turner, hes just jelaous, he wants to ride the bushwagon too (weee weeee), thats where all the money is."

anyone have a legit source to this?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The sensationalism of Turner's comments does not make their implications less true.

If his point is that the media is complicit if not downright owned by big business and the Bush Administration, he's right.

It is a propaganda tool for the government. Most corporate media is, FOX just happens to not even try to hide it.

Anyone denying this or defending the Bush/Media synergy would be on thin ice today considering the post election revelations.

From today: Bush Denounces Paying Commetators

Second "bust" of a fake journalist on the take in a month. Of course, when caught Bush denounces what he does
but it's nothing new.

The Bush administration hired a London PR firm the year before the Iraq Invasion to plant stories about Saddam being corrupt to garner war support. You don't think Fox was doing the same thing? Old news.

It's all old news. Turner is not only right, he's not saying anything he hasn't been saying for years and we all already know.

Corporate Media Sucks.

He's a total outsider now and free to speak his mind even going on record criticizing CNN. How can you possibly do a story on healthcare but accept pharmco ads? How?

You can't. Once you accept money from the Defense Dept, HUD, the Education Secretary, an Oil Company, an Insurance Company, a Drug Company, an Outsourcer...ANY multinational corporation...you are a shill for the Republican Party.

PERIOD.

[edit on 26-1-2005 by RANT]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Anyone who knows anything about Rupert Murdoch knows that he is an extreme right wing conservative.

James Fallows of the Atlantic Monthly points out that most of Murdoch's actions "are consistent with the use of political influence for corporate advantage." In other words, he uses his publications to advance a political agenda that will make him money.

The Economist reported that in 1986 Murdoch "helped smash the British print unions by transferring the production of his newspapers to a non-union plant at Wapping in East London.

Just after the Iraq invasion, the New York Times reported, "The war has illuminated anew the exceptional power in the hands of Murdoch, 72, the chairman of News Corp"...

Murdoch has acknowledged his major rationale for supporting the Iraq invasion: oil. While both American and British politicians strenuously deny the significance of oil in the war, the Guardian of London notes, "Murdoch wasn't so reticent. He believes that deposing the Iraqi leader would lead to cheaper oil." Murdoch said before the war, "The greatest thing to come out of this for the world economy...would be $20 a barrel for oil. That's bigger than any tax cut in any country"...

Slate reports, Murdoch "put George W. Bush cousin John Ellis in charge of [Fox's] Election Night vote-counting operation: Ellis made Fox the first network to declare Bush the victor" even as the New Yorker reported that Ellis spent the evening discussing the election with George W. and Jeb Bush

Murdoch is a hard as nails aussie money making machine, and his news media and publications always reflect his business interests and neo-conservative outlook.

www.americanprogress.org...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
"fox news fired a couple of its newspeople becouse they wouldnt lie about the harmfull hormones americans drink in their milk every day. The story never made the news. As for Ted Turner, hes just jelaous, he wants to ride the bushwagon too (weee weeee), thats where all the money is."

anyone have a legit source to this?

check the documentary titled "The Corporation", there are interviews with these reporters and much more info. I saw it in the London cinema couple of months ago.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
FOX News is great and Turner and CNN are washed up. He's just pissed off because he's lost all his ratings. Turner is still involved as a large shareholder of Time Warner.

Others are mad because they don't take marching orders from the Democrat talking points so they call them biased.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
FOX News is great and Turner and CNN are washed up. He's just pissed off because he's lost all his ratings. Turner is still involved as a large shareholder of Time Warner.

Others are mad because they don't take marching orders from the Democrat talking points so they call them biased.

So you would prefer that everyone take thier marching orders from Neocon talking points? It goes both ways. American "Democracy" is a joke I tell ya a joke! There is almost no difference between Democrats and Republicans and if they elect the Pro-Lifer as the leader of the Democrat party then there will definetly be no differance whatsoever. Man why don't people take the Libertarians seroiusly, they seem like the TRUE conservatives of America. Any gov't that increases the size of the beuracracy like bush has done is no true conservative. Just look at the Dept of Homeland security
Hows that for a bloated beuracracy

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
No one media is "evil". Of course the media can and has incorrectly reported things but they are human and sometimes trust the wrong sources. They can be scammed right a long with the rest of us. The perspective that media is controlled by governtment or elite groups seems rather illogical and not well documented. I would certainly be interested in looking at any links to such ideas if members have some. Thanks

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   

as posted by thirddensity
Your threads headline is complete disinformation. Let's break down the first line.

"Your," as in reference to Dr. Horacid creating the topic, is not apart of the equation here, thirddensity. Seems to me that if you hit the link provided, your beef is with the "disinformational" title that Drudge Report has so named the article. Correct?

Hey RANT.

You certainly have no problem with CBS and Dan Rather do you? Just asking since your listing references for "corporate media sucking", huh? I see you failed to mention Mr. Dean, or his campaign, and his paying some blogs (ie: DailyKOS, etc.) to parade good thoughts about him...strange. Not to mention some other type irregularities, namely Mrs. Boxer, Kerry, Kennedy, etc.....
How convenient that your spin is only spinning one way and not portraying the real factual picture of "corporate media". You know, the same mainstream media that is 80%+/- against Bush, but your only presenting against those that are 'for"? Ah, but thats right, your only wanting to present from the side that you agree with, anyhow, correct?

seekerof

[edit on 26-1-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Rupert Murdoch was deeply conservative years before he owned Fox News, his editorial style and policy, were already highly developed in Australia and later in Britain before he owned any media interest in America...

His backing of the republicans is all about his own personal interests, in Britain he backs the Labour Party (what you in the US would call Democrats)...

If Murdoch media are not biased how come they switch allegiance according to what is in Murdochs best interests...

Anyhow, who really beleives in this day and age that the media is objective?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
FOX tv?
reminds me of this guy, you all know form history,
if you didnt skip history class...

leading propaganda machine, designed to brainwash.

why is fox news so popular? because it has STRONG support from the current u.s. goverment, since they are both sucking each others private parts.

Hey kookoo. This is the person you should ask to quit posting

Regarding Fox, please remember that no one is forcing more people to watch their network over the others, people are choosing to watch Fox.

And has Ted Turner gone bye-bye? Seems like he can't get away from the Hitler thing whenever he disagrees with someone or something. Drudge is reporting how he has had to apologize in the recent past for doing hte same thing before.

[edit on 1/26/2005 by centurion1211]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join