It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Wow! Romney & Trump to discuss secretary of state position, NBC source say

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Another surprise from Trump, Romney?

They are supposed to meet this weekend to discuss a Secretary Of Stat position.

Wow, well he is definitely in the know of how thing work, this surprises me. Rudy Giuliani and Governor of S. C. Nikki Haley are also supposed to be under consideration.

Former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney will meet with Donald Trump this weekend to discuss the secretary of state position, a source close to the president-elect with direct knowledge of his thinking told NBC News.

In March, the former Massachusetts governor called Trump "a phony" and "a fraud" when discussing the then-candidate. He also campaigned with Ohio Gov. John Kasich in the Buckeye State during the primaries. Trump has called Romney a loser and has said he "choked like a dog" during his 2012 presidential campaign against President Barack Obama.

Others reportedly under consideration for the secretary of state position include former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani and South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley.

Trump endorsed Romney during his presidential bid four years ago. Last week after the election, Romney called Trump to congratulate him on his surprise win.

www.cnbc.com...
edit on 17-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Much better choice than Guilliani in my opinion.

Not really draining the swamp so much as squatting and sh*tting into it, though.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
If I was Trump I would totally steer clear of this uninformed talentless POTUS wannabe.

He truly is so out of touch, I swear he still thinks it's the fifties.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I'm half and half with you on that.

On one side it concerns me that he is taking a different approach than what we heard (classic politician).

On the other side, I give him kudos for buring the hatchet with many people in the establishment. And I think I speak for many, Trump's ego could be concerning at time.

All that being said, he can't just bring in all outsiders, nothing would get done, there has to be knowledge on how to get these ideas through.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I don't like it but he needs to build bridges with the same materials just not the same design. The special interests, can't have that anymore. I'm fine with some of these people but Trump has to be extremely firm the the SP groups and their influence. They hurt everyone in the end except themselves.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Interesting rumor, but I no longer believe anything that comes from NBC until it gets confirmed at a real news site.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
If I was Trump I would totally steer clear of this uninformed talentless POTUS wannabe.

That is ridiculous, the fifties were much better than it is now. The sixties and seventies were pretty high on the list of good times. I think they made social media so us old timers could believe we are still having fun without leaving our chair..

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

That is ridiculous, the fifties were much better than it is now. The sixties and seventies were pretty high on the list of good times. I think they made social media so us old timers could believe we are still having fun without leaving our chair..

Ha ha, probably.

The fifties, sixties and seventies were much gentler times, no rushing, no targets, no instant gratification.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I don't know but this sounds like Trump is screwing with the media. Invite a bunch of folks you wouldn't really pick, drop a rumor or two, just to see the media make bigger fools of themselves.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

So much for draining the swamp.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This comes from NBC...so there's THAT.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

a source close to the president-elect with direct knowledge of his thinking told NBC News

This could just be another BSNBC fabrication to fool people.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Trump has been so far ahead of everyone else during the election, it's been like watching Garry Kasparov take on a chess novice.
If Mittens is part of his plans it's for a reason.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It's my opinion that Nikki Haley has been an incredible Governor. It's very exciting that she is under consideration, but we would hate to lose her too!

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. As much as I dislike his fiscal policies, Mitt Romney could serve well as Secretary of State. He presents well publicly.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. As much as I dislike his fiscal policies, Mitt Romney could serve well as Secretary of State. He presents well publicly.

I hate to say it but he's definitely more palatable than Giuliani and more qualified than Nikki Haley.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

So much for draining the swamp.

Romney was never in Washington DC, the swamp. He did partake of the lobbyists but only because he wasn't a self made billionaire like The Donald. Romney didn't run this time so he owes nobody anything.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

a source close to the president-elect with direct knowledge of his thinking told NBC News

This could just be another BSNBC fabrication to fool people.

I can just picture the conversation:

"Trump might ask Romney to be Sec of State."

"Oh yea, who told you?"

"No one, I saw Romney go into Trump towers."

"Well, you need a source"

"I'll just say a source close to the president-elect with direct knowledge of his thinking "

"Ok, let's run it."

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I hate to say it but he's definitely more palatable than Giuliani and more qualified than Nikki Haley.

Dude you totally hoping trump fails and thats your right i guess.
Mitt Romney is a awful pick and he was agaisnt trump the whole time. Its like saying jeb bush would be a good sec of state. I have a feeling this is nothing and trump will pick someone better suited for the role thats not a $#!t teir neocon

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Much better choice than Guilliani in my opinion.

Not really draining the swamp so much as squatting and sh*tting into it, though.

Starting to seem so.
Santorum will complete that when he is added(he just might be a contender).

edit on 18-11-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join