It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

USA Made iPhones? Apple could make iPhones in US in future: sources

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I should have said something like, "It will never happen because of Trump" or something. "Just because he says something does not mean he can make it happen"... something to that effect. You are correct. It could happen. But the genie is out of the bottle and King Donald will never get it back in. Which is what all his proclamations are about anyway--"because I say so"! Which is mostly what the "never" was directed at, the Trumpster.

Here is what will happen in the near future (unless King T effs it all up). The US will lead the way on grid-level energy storage. Without any governmental (emphasis on "mental") oversight or subsidies a group of companies have gotten together to make, sell, finances, and probably operate, grid-level flow batteries. I just found that out. This is both Canada and the US with global partners. We will have an energy revolution this time not an industrial one.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellhound604

Since it is in the future neither if us really know what the costs will be. But I caution you to know where your sources for information come from.

If apple is saying it will break it's little piggy bank to do this, I would have to think twice about how truthful they are being.

Lol ok.... but first you must rebuild all the FAB-labs in the USA and PCB-fabs, and have only USA-made components in the phone, and you wont have slaves building it, unless you use prisoners. I think if you do all the sums, you will be in for quite a nasty surprise. There is a reason after all as to why things are outsourced to China... Will be sort of the '70's electronics stuff. Made in the USA, but nobody could afford it...

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I like that post better

I won't argue as none of us know, but I'll remain hopeful. Or those of us who picked him over shillary, the political landscape is already shaking the way we wanted it to.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor
Trump isn't president, yet he leans to the right and the world complies. Nice to see the American President putting the US first. The worst mistake I have ever made in my long life, and I have made a bunch, was voting for Obama in his first term.
May my granddaughters forgive me.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
America's wages are now competitive, or will be competitive with China's. Everybody rejoice.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellhound604
If they want to sell the products, they will comply.

I am not familiar with Fab labs and PCB-fabs, but again, Apple would get sweet heart deals from states to build their facilities in their state. And their would be tons of businesses that would start up overnight to supply components, just like the auto industry has suppliers.

Lol ok.... but first you must rebuild all the FAB-labs in the USA and PCB-fabs, and have only USA-made components in the phone, and you wont have slaves building it, unless you use prisoners. I think if you do all the sums, you will be in for quite a nasty surprise. There is a reason after all as to why things are outsourced to China...

Will be sort of the '70's electronics stuff. Made in the USA, but nobody could afford it...

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Radio Shack and Realistic are not two brand names I look back on with undiluted pleasure. That's the danger. American electronic products ended up too expensive, too unreliable & they often lagged behind their foreign competitors when it came to innovation. So American consumers simply went out and bought Sony, Panasonic & Toshiba instead of the dated wall to wall faux wood effect junk that Radio Shack manufactured.

I think bringing production back to the USA is a risky strategy for Apple. Much of Apple sales are for consumers outside the USA ... close the Chinese factories and sales there will disappear like the snows in Springtime. Apple's product range is a bit unfocused now anyway. The marketplace is very fickle for handsets and can turn on a sixpence with a price hike or botched new release.

There's a real risk with this that Apple will end up like Nokia, hopelessly out of touch with what their purchasers really want ... classy but affordable, capable and reliable handsets.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join