It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

incredible moment uncontacted tribe-still untouched-stare in wonder at a photographer's plane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Very interesting story, these people are staring at the plane in what looks like extreme interest.

The story tells us how easily these people can get sick from us, because they are not used to the common illnesses we have been exposed to.

The tribe has a problem with illegal gold miners starting to run into their territories, and many fear they could be wiped out.

Very interesting.

Extraordinary aerial shots of an untouched tribe deep in the Amazon jungle have captured the moment an indigenous community saw an aircraft flying over their homes.

The photographs show a tribal community estimated to be home to 100 people in a Brazilian village still untouched by civilisation.

Some of them can be seen wearing little clothing, leaning on sticks and appear to be staring in amazement as the photographer passed overhead.

Extraordinary aerial shots of an untouched tribe have captured the moment an indigenous community sees a camera flying over their homes

The village is in the Yanomami indigenous territory in the north of Brazil, close to the Venezuelan border.

About 22,000 Yanomami live in an area the size of Scotland on the Brazilian side of the border, and at least three groups have never had any contact with outsiders.

They are extremely vulnerable to diseases passed on by outsiders.

When their land is protected, uncontacted tribes can thrive.

But their territory is being over-run by 5,000 illegal gold miners, raising serious fears that some of the most vulnerable people on the planet could soon be wiped out.

Miners have brought diseases like malaria to the region and polluted the Yanomami tribes' food and water sources with mercury, leading to a serious health crisis. Cattle ranchers are also invading the eastern edge of their territory.

Yanomami shaman and activist Davi Kopenawa said: 'The place where the uncontacted Indians live, fish, hunt and plant must be protected.
The (miners) are like termites – they keep coming back and they don't leave us in peace
Davi Kopenawa, Yanomami shaman

'The whole world must know that they are there in their forest and that the authorities must respect their right to live there.'

Davi, who is president of the Yanomami association Hutukara, has been called 'the Dalai Lama of the rainforest'.

He said of the miners: 'They are like termites – they keep coming back and they don't leave us in peace.'

Brazilian government agents are charged with protecting the Yanomami territory. But they are currently facing severe budget cuts amid politicians' plans to drastically weaken indigenous land protection and rights.

Without continued support, the team responsible for the Yanomami region will be unable to protect the territory from invaders, and might even be closed down completely.

Survival International, who have been trying to help the Yanomami, say this would leave the uncontacted Yanomami at risk of annihilation.

Another 13,000 Yanomami lived on the Venezuelan side of the border in the Alto Orinoco – Casiquiare Biosphere Reserve, an area roughly the size of Switzerland.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... m.html#ixzz4QIJUem7y
edit on 17-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal
What good is Mankind if they can't be Exploited by the Rich.
Sad

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

There is gold in that jungle, go get it for MEEE!!!!

What good is Mankind if they can't be Exploited by the Rich.
Sad

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I wonder what they are thinking... ancient aliens.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I wonder what they are thinking... ancient aliens.

GOD

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
How could anyone possibly know they have never been contacted unless they contacted them to ask them of they have ever been contacted?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

You can't, I wonder if the gold miners are in contact with them.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Not many of them. How do they continue producing healthy offspring?

I'd live there.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

S&F [ Research topic ]
edit on 20161117 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
It's always fascinating to hear about people of the world that continue to remain unique and true to their culture. I hope they continue to live the way they want to not being polluted by modern society. in the end it makes you think-would I be able to be that remote when modern life is all I know- and to reflect the past and all of our ancestors.

new topics

top topics

join