It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's what I'm going to do...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I will be the first to admit I have done my share of grumbling over recent events following the 2016 elections. And, I still stand by those 'grumbings'. However, despite these observations on the state of society I, like everyone else, have to go out in the world every day and function in this same society. And, though I may have some complaints, I also have a choice. I can be part of the problem, or I can try to be part of the solution.

I choose the latter.

I often ask people in a debate, rather than just complain what is their solution? I try to never enter a debate without being prepared to answer the same question myself.

So, what am I going to do to to be part of the solution to some of the problems I have opined about?

As a rule I always try to be nice, respectful and courteous to others when out and about. However, now I am going to go out of my way to be helpful, friendly and kind to people of every ethnicity, color, religion, age and creed. As stated I always try to do this anyway, but now I'm going to try even harder in a genuine way.

Does this mean I've changed my stance on the issues? Absolutely not! It just means I recognize the solution to some our problems might be more easily reached with a little more honey and a little less vinegar.

That is all. Oh, and have a GREAT day!!

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Just don't wear Red, might cause you problems if you go out of your way to be helpful

Had to laugh at this picture

edit on 2016-11-17T13:07:09-06:002016Thu, 17 Nov 2016 13:07:09 -0600bThursday0711America/Chicago161 by corblimeyguvnor because: my other ......... added

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Great to hear. I, too, will do my part to bring a peaceful resolution to this current crisis.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
That's what I have been trying to tell everyone for the last couple years.. regardless what side you're on, or what issue it is.. I always say if you don't have a solution that involves YOU acting than it's time to shut up. How many nights spent at bars or around beers to the same conversations about the woes of the world.. just to do it again next Friday..and take no real action in between.

All I can do is do my best to provide stability and comfort for myself and my family. If I do my job right, it will manifest around me and positively influence those I come to contact with.

Now maybe if I was a millionaire I could do a little extra , but for now the most selfless thing I can do is be selfish and hope it shows and inspires others.. anything else is generally just blowing smoke.

Good on you for focusing on the small tangible solutions instead of the huge out of reach ones.

Cheers 🍻

edit on 17-11-2016 by SteamyJeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Does this mean I've changed my stance on the issues? Absolutely not! It just means I recognize the solution to some our problems might be more easily reached with a little more honey and a little less vinegar.

An iron fist in a velvet glove

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

You are not alone. I have seen a pleasant niceness from the people I have recently encountered. I was afraid for my sister because she works as the lead organizer for a large distribution company, so she is flying around the US on a near daily basis. She goes where she has to go, and some of the areas are in the middle of what has been labeled by those on the net, as hot zones.

She says she hasn't had any problems, in fact, she says that the people she has come in contact with lately have been very friendly and helpful.

While all I hear on the internet is hatred, anger, fighting, and division; all I have seen so far in real life are people, smiling, joking, being cordial and helpful. Your plan is a good plan and it works.

I pray this continues.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I work in a place where I am very likely to encounter some of the most militant SJW's, and often do. I've been going out of my way to be cordial and friendly. It's actually kind of amazing how it almost instantly dials down the anger and animosity.

I truly want people to believe and understand we are all in this together (and I'm not going to 'coin' some Clinton phrase here, this one is mine!). "WE" really can make America 'better again', and at the same time be 'better together'. So, perhaps we should make the two slogans complimentary...as opposed to divisive.

I dunno, probably a crazy thought, but I'm gonna' try!

new topics

top topics

join