It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arise Lord Nige , Farage heading for the Lords?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Speculation is rising after the Dear Leader refused to be drawn on the matter when asked by Scottish SNP member George Kerevan at Prime Ministers Questions yesterday , Mr's May would only say that "such matters are normally never discussed in public."

After the Brexit victory and Nigel Farage's part in it it would make sense that the former (now interim) leader of Ukip would be rewarded with a seat on the red benches , his Lordship would then be free to work for the government as a trade ambassador to the US.

Arise Lord Nige of Brexit.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Probably very unlikely that he would work for any government in the US. Like him, or not, he has made a significant contribution to UK politics and a peerage would be well earned IMHO.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
I'm not sure that Brexit is a reason for the government to want to reward him, whatever voters might think.
"These things are not normally discussed" may simply mean what it says. Once they comment on one speculation, they would have to comment on all of them and give away things in advance.

edit on 17-11-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
He is one of the few people who actually deserve this.
He came into politics for one reason and that was get us out of the EU.
20-25 years later, he has achieved his goal despite constantly battling against the establishment.
He and his supporters have had abuse and violence thrown at them all along the way.

He's survived a car crash, a plane crash, testicular cancer and a wheel falling off on the motorway.

What a fighter and champion!

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

If offered a seat in government I believe Lord Nige would jump at the chance , he was always the bridesmaid never the bride when it came to Parliament , his friendship with the President Elect would make him a perfect bridge.

I quite like the guy but can't shake the feeling , to quote Ann Widdecombe , there's something of the night about him.

edit on 17-11-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

If offered a seat in government I believe Lord Nige would jump at the chance , he was always the bridesmaid never the bride when it came to Parliament , his friendship with the President Elect would make him a perfect bridge.

I quite like the guy but can't shake the feeling , to quote Ann Widdecombe , there's something of the night about him.

I think it was Micheal Howard she referred to when she said that!

However I think Nigel Farrage has done more to deserve an honor than

the likes of John Prescott, and all those who David Cameron honored when

he resigned.

new topics

top topics

join