It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Director of National Intelligence James Clapper Resigns

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
In the history of the United States of America, there has never been individual who has done more damage than this jerk.
It will not mean much to most here, but in the intelligence world it is a major earthquake with a rainbow at the finish.

www.nbcnews.com...

Buck

edit on 17-11-2016 by flatbush71 because: Added Dee's song

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

First thing that came to my mind when I heard the news.

Peace out spyboy.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Clapper has said in interviews with NBC News over the last year that he was counting down the days to stepping down at the end of President Obama's final term in office. He started as a young intelligence officer reporting to his father in Vietnam.

Trump is on the way to clear the swamp . I gotta run , now. Exit , stage left....running

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Yah, clean house. Entrenched and career (way back to Vietnam) bureaticians become more polluted with age, not less.

Wiki linky

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Here is just a small amount of his checkered past.

articles.latimes.com...

Buck

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71
Short list:
Obama
Clinton
Holder
Lynch
Pelosi
Reid
Brazile
Emanuel
Van Jones
Byrd
Comey (in a sense)
Warren
Specter
Bush (either or both)
McCain
DHS in general
Lerner

I end here , but the list goes on eternal

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Just the start, but a good start.

Drain the swamp!

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Clapper has said in interviews with NBC News over the last year that he was counting down the days to stepping down at the end of President Obama's final term in office. He started as a young intelligence officer reporting to his father in Vietnam.

Trump is on the way to clear the swamp . I gotta run , now. Exit , stage left....running

Yeah because Trump has his own set of establishment people waiting for those jobs.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Rat................sinking ship.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Short list:
Obama
Clinton
Holder
Lynch
Pelosi
Reid
Brazile
Emanuel
Van Jones
Byrd
Comey (in a sense)
Warren
Specter
Bush (either or both)
McCain
DHS in general
Lerner

So will Der Fuhrer just start pulling names out of a hat? Keep it up your fascism is showing.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

If the intelligence world is pleased I am, too. Is there a general consensus as to whom the intelligence world would like to see fill the position?

According to the article, Mr. Clapper was planning on resigning when O.'s term is up anyway and has been counting the days. He feels good about handing in his resignation so it's a win/win situation.
edit on 17-11-2016 by tweetie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Yeah because Trump has his own set of establishment people waiting for those jobs.

Yes . isnt it wonderful ? President Elect Trump.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Short list:
Obama
Clinton
Holder
Lynch
Pelosi
Reid
Brazile
Emanuel
Van Jones
Byrd
Comey (in a sense)
Warren
Specter
Bush (either or both)
McCain
DHS in general
Lerner

So will Der Fuhrer just start pulling names out of a hat? Keep it up your fascism is showing.

My Fascist side may be showing to you , but not as bad as your ignorance is in calling me one

edit on 11/17/16 by Gothmog because: clarification

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
from the NBC link you provided:

Clapper's job is to oversee 17 intelligence agencies, including the CIA, FBI, NSA (National Security Agency) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency).

Clapper oversees the NSA ???
I'm laughing.

and perhaps the media will tell you that he "oversees" also the NRO, the ONI, EG&G and DARPA.

Please tell the NBC "journalists" they are idiots.
(and thanks for the laugh...)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Was it fascist when obummer did it?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

" Will Director of National Intelligence James Clapper Be Prosecuted for Lying to Congress Regarding the NSA’s Surveillance? "

" At a March 2013 hearing of the Senate Intelligence Committee, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper was asked, “Does the NSA collect any type of data at all on millions or hundreds of millions of Americans?” (emphasis added) Clapper responded, “No, sir.” Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR) was surprised by the answer to his question, which had been provided to Clapper in advance of the hearings, and sought clarification: “It does not?” Wyden asked. Clapper added: “Not wittingly. There are cases where they could, inadvertently perhaps, collect—but not wittingly.”
With Edward Snowden’s leak of NSA broad snooping practices much in the news, James Clapper’s testimony has not been forgotten. In fact, it is clear that Clapper gave a conspicuously false answer. Indeed, he has admitted that his answer was “the least untruthful” response he could come up with at the time, and that it was “too cute by half.”

verdict.justia.com... eillance

Looks Like Mr. Clapper is Losing his Protection from Outgoing President Obama over his Blatant Lying to Congress about Illegal and Unauthorized Internet Spying on the American Public . His Resignation is a Way for him to try and avoid Further Prosecution from a Trump Administration . Mr. Clappers " Ace in the Hole Card " of Damaging Info on Top Government Officials is Now being Compromised and Negated by the Very Intelligent Agencies he held Power over .

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Another Yuuuge win for Donald Trump.
Swamp draining underway.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

I think it's traditional for most high posts to tender their resignations to the incoming administration.

Yellen, I see, has decided to buck that trend.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes. She's going to serve out her term. I had to look it up because it escaped me and I see that's a Presidential appointee, too.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Yes . isnt it wonderful ? President Elect Trump.

Yes president elect Trump the man who was able to band enough chumps together to get elected.

<<   2 >>

join