It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bases that you need to know about

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   
The base Offutt AFB is also known as the 55th Wing
this is the largest Aircraft Recon base in the world as far as the US has.
USSTRATCOM all the recon aircraft and some stealth aircraft for certain missions.
it is also home of NAOC, Looking Glass, the Rivet Joint, and the Cobra Ball.

also they control all the US owned nukes in the world. if a nuclear war where to launch this would be the command center for the war. and also this is where the president would go..the buidling goes about 7 level underground fromwhat they make public. and can if you are in the command center on the 7th underground level you can survive a direct nuclear strike that hit the top of the building or the base.

oh yea my avatar to the left is from one of the USSTRATCOM flight patches.

since we are talking about nukes the USAF has bases that are classicfied as PRP bases. this means that there are Nukes on those bases.

here is a list of them

PRP is just the USAF's way of saying "we have nukes here"
Offutt AFB nebraska
Vokel AFB netherlands
Rammstein AFB Germany
Nellis AFB, Nevada
Tonopah, Nevada
Hill AFB, Utah
Indian Springs AS, Nevada
most likley Area 51, Groom Lake
Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
F.E. Warren AFB,
Cheyenne Mountain AFB, Colorodo
Barksdale AFB Louisiana
Dyess AFB Texas
Kirtland AFB New Mexico
Davis Monthan AFB, Arizona
Newark AFB, Ohio
Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
Whiteman AFB, Missouri
Mountain Home AFB,
Minot AFB, North Dakota
Ellsworth AFB, South Dakota
McConnell AFB, Kansas
Robins AFB, Georgia
Malmstron AFB

Army Bases
Aberdeen proving Ground has Nuclear Chemical and Biological agents that they store from way back in the day. they have a couple hundred barrels of mustard gas there too.
not to mention out in the open

[edit on 26-1-2005 by junxed]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by junxed
PRP is just the USAF's way of saying "we have nukes here"

Not entirely correct. The PRP (Personnel Reliability Program) also applies to people involved in aspects of weapons programs that do not involve actual storage. It does apply to people not places.

Where did you get your list? (I'm not saying it's incorrect, but I suspect it's incomplete...)

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by junxed
[...]

also they control all the US owned nukes in the world. if a nuclear war where to launch this would be the command center for the war. and also this is where the president would go..the buidling goes about 7 level underground fromwhat they make public. and can if you are in the command center on the 7th underground level you can survive a direct nuclear strike that hit the top of the building or the base.

oh yea my avatar to the left is from one of the USSTRATCOM flight patches.

since we are talking about nukes the USAF has bases that are classicfied as PRP bases. this means that there are Nukes on those bases.

[...]

You're kind of on the right track, but not correct. As the prievious poster said, PRP is a program that anybody associated with the command and control of nuclear assets must be part of. I suspect that your list is both outdated and incomplete. Nuclear weapons have been removed from bases listed in Europe, as well as Davis-Monthan (an old Titan II ICBM site), McConnel AFB (Same) and Robbins AFB Georgia - possibly more places on that list. Also, places such as Offut have no actual weapons, but the people who fly on the aircraft that command nuclear weapons have to be PRP certified. There are other bases that have PRP personell and possibly nuclear weapons that aren't listed as well.

Also - your avatar is not an official US Air Force patch, it is produced by a company that makes it and other "moral patches" targeted for missileers

www.mercenary-missileer.com...

[edit on 26-1-2005 by Starwars51]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
i know the patch is not a "real" one but the flight commanders authorized it to wear.

That list is from when i used to be in the USAF about 2 yrs ago. most likely it may be outdated. I used to be PRP also. which really really sucked a big one.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Just because the patch was worn it isn't necessarily authorized. I have seen people with all sorts of patches on flight suits they just wear them until someone tells them to remove it.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Yes Malmstrom AFB is a PRP base, however PRP only applies to two categories critical and controlled. Critical is having technical knowledge of the weapons system and controlled does not have technical knowledge of the weapon system. So baisically PRP applies to the security forces troops who guard the ICBMs, the maintence crew who "fixes" them, where in reality they break more than they fix, and finally the capsule crews who actually launch the missiles. There are a whole bunch of career field on Malmstrom who do not fall under PRP. Unfortunatley I fall under PRP and it sucks.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I didn't see Fairchild AFB, WA on your list of bases having nukes on them. Do they still have B-52's up there? I lived there for 12 years but left the area 8 years ago.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
I didn't see Fairchild AFB, WA on your list of bases having nukes on them. Do they still have B-52's up there? I lived there for 12 years but left the area 8 years ago.

No. The only bases with B-52'a are Minot and Barksdale.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by junxed

Is there any information on medical history of personnel on the PRP program?
Have there been any claims filed as a result of the PRP Program at APG
Old Timer

top topics

join