It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

ALL EYES on Saudi Arabia: No Saudi Oil Says Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: loam

I think everyone can get behind the idea of energy independence.

Saudi's can suck it!

I'm interested to see how much of this energy independence involves renewable energies. I also want energy independence; in fact, I'd like for every country and/or community to be energy independent. I think renewable technologies will be able to accomplish this, though it'll likely take several more advances for the technology to become that efficient. We'll see.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Their powerbrokers and royal family are allied with the Wahhabis, though.

It was them i was referring to although i do not make that clear in my reply .

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Nope, still ain't got sympathy for SA.

SUCK IT BROS

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Just like all his other campaign rhetoric, Donald Trump will renege on this promise, too.

He might SAY that USA will no longer import from Saudi Arabia. Once people see what that does for gas prices in the USA, Trump will change his mind pretty fast.

Get ready for $5 / gallon, at least.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Here's hoping it's 15 a gallon.

Would help me out a lot.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

This hit the news yesterday and certainly doesn't hurt that position.

And who knows, the info may have been known and factored in...

Largest US oil and gas field ever assessed found in TX

I read that yesterday as well.
Gasoline here is $1.72
I do not see the ME in general as having the stranglehold on fossil fuel energy as in the past.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Just remember that Obama made precedent.

The first 8 years of the Trump administration, he'll be allowed to blame the previous president for anything that doesn't go right.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
It seems like Trump will pull us out of the middle east. This will create a power vacuum that will be filled by Russia, possibly India and or China. Comparing Saudi Crude oil to our tar sands really is no comparison.

I don't know if Trump is doing the right thing or not, the US can hold influence over the middle east or our competitors can, the coming decades would judge whether or not he did the right thing or not.

Saudi Arabia sucks, but to think we somehow have leverage over them is foolish.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Saudi's can suck it!

A great example of American excellence

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel

Saudi's can suck it!

A great example of American excellence

So you're against renewable resources, energy independence?

I think it'd be better for the environment, reduce pollution, and provide cheaper energy to everyone.

If it's an American that does that, then yes. . . . American excellence.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: LifeMode
Tracking on this as well. Very interesting, especially the 800 billion dollar motherload believed to be in West TX.

The issue with that potential prospect though is quality being shale mostly (fracking). The oil is likely there but the cost to extract it way more expensive. Probably best scenario is to find some balance but not sure how. That light crude is cheap. I do think we have the upper hand though on Saudi. We could really hurt them. All they have is oil. Maybe they could pay us not to drill. I don't know?

It is offset by not having to transport it halfway across the world with shipping, paying other countries fees etc.

Coupled with the fact that that money would then be staying stateside too.

All the money that's been heading over there can be redirected back in to the U.S. economy. That alone would do a lot to shore up the areas we are faltering in.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

At last someone is willing to stand up to these jumped up tribesmen, maybe he will also now force the us intelligence to reveal what it know's about Prince Bandars abduction of and harem of little blond American and European children.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I wouldn't hold my breath.
Trump said this during the elections
Let's not sell the skin before the bear is shot.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: f4andHALFtoads

Ok, I'm way off with having a source to back up this thought, but I read somewhere that Saud were in the space race, pumping trillions into a space exploration - as I recall it was with regard to comet mining...

So what if the depression in the price of oil is an attack on their ability to make moves in this field?

I know, I know, clutching at straws at best!

Comet mining?!?! If that's true that is kinda hilarious especially if this conversation was the cause of wanting to mine comets.

Mohammed the prices for these solid gold toilets is ridiculous i just spent like 4 million dollars!!

Mohammed #2 And the price of gold foil toilet paper? 40K a roll. What's up with that?

Mohammed #3 I know horrible horrible situation. I've told my wives and children to limit bowl movements to no more than twice a day. Bloody Americans driving up the price of gold how am i a simple prince supposed to live under such torturous conditions?

Mohammed #4 Apparently comets have lots of gold in them

Mohammed #5 So we will get our gold from there! Quick check on Amazon how much are comet mining spaceships? Screw the Americans and their chokehold on gold and it's prices.

Note: Mohammad is a very popular name in the middle East. It would be less PC more racially injust to just make up middle Eastern sounding names.
Also not all people from the middle East are like this.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I think you'll find this is just bluster of a dying economy on Saudis part. It was a great talking point in the mid nineties that the Saudi oil fields were hitting peak. But because of their paranoid secrecy no-one knew for sure. I think that they have been living on borrowed time for quite a while now and have been trying different ways to big up their place in the worlds oil production club. But time WILL tell.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

The way I understand it, the reason we buy their sweet light crude is because it's easier to refine than the heavy sour oil we get here in the US (there is some sweet light, but not like what they produce in the ME), and our refineries here cannot handle refining our oil. So we ship our oil overseas for others to refine elsewhere and import oil that we can refine more easily.

IMO - we need to build new refineries that can handle our domestic crude. Then we would be able to use our locally produced crude, rather than depending on "easy" oil from the ME. Jobs would be created in the construction of these new refineries, more jobs will then be created in order to staff these refineries as well as monitor them and increased domestic production means more jobs in the field.

When you add the job growth to the money already saved in shipping our oil out and importing ME oil, that all adds up to a nice bit of money that is staying in our economy and benefiting our country as a whole, rather than going into our frenemy's pockets.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

money.cnn.com...

When it comes to oil production. The USA is right behind Saudi Arabia.

Why do we need to buy oil from them?

Let's not forget the US EXPORTS 4.7 Million Barrels per day Petroleum products (gasoline, diesel etc)

And the US even exports Oil now after a 40 year ban on exporting oil was lifted.

Well, in any case the Sauds can, "go fly a kite" or something..

edit on 17-11-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
All for it if he has a plan. International trade deals are tricky things.

You also have private companies buying the oil so it isn't as simple as waving down ships with Saudi flags. It takes regulations and pretty invasive ones to find out the origin of refined product.

Not to mention the saudis just dumping product on China at a reduced rate to help the growth of a rival economy.

If we have 20 million people out of work and only 5 million jobs available playing with the cpi of the middle class and poor is a disastrous plan.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DustbowlDebutante

IMO - we need to build new refineries that can handle our domestic crude. Then we would be able to use our locally produced crude, rather than depending on "easy" oil from the ME. Jobs would be created in the construction of these new refineries, more jobs will then be created in order to staff these refineries as well as monitor them and increased domestic production means more jobs in the field

Should be easier to get new refineries built once Regina "Gina" McCarthy is shown how to apply for unemployment benefits. I think trump would appoint someone more friendly to those seeking to create jobs in the energy sector.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DustbowlDebutante

Retooling and building new refineries would indeed add a huge boost to many skills and trades, welders and electricians immediately come to mind.

We did a huge turn around after WWII where the factories that had been making bombs and machines of war were retooled to begin cranking out appliances, automobiles, and assorted consumables. We can manage something similar with our energy sector.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join