It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$$$ 13 year high, but why

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

The trade policies pre-1980s built the largest, most prosperous middle class this world has ever seen. Muscle equals power and money... America can "isolate" itself again and, with the right foreign policy alongside the threat of consequences should any foreign nation protest too loudly, America can return to its natural position atop the world.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The barrel price of oil is still hovering in the mid 40 US dollar range.
Oil price is derived from factors such as perceived global industrial demand and the strength of the petrodollar.
Doesn't appear to be any soaring inflation in the near future to be chased with higher interest rates?
Perhaps there are more countries on the brink of some kind of debt default we are not hearing about?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: Gothmog

Well it is evident you cant see
The US is an international laughing stock for voting Trump to hold office, not just a laughing stock, many people see your whole country as hillbilly gun toting rednecks right now.
Try reading INTERNATIONAL news

Still no answer ? HMMM. I am starting to believe you are dodging my question for a reason
Cause you have no answers

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
no he can't they have to come from the board of governors those are his only choices.

Yes he can since there are two open spots and he can remove any governor for cause. The Federal Reserve will follow the fiscal policy of the administration.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Still no answer ? HMMM. I am starting to believe you are dodging my question for a reason
Cause you have no answers

Are you referring to my statement "countrys are terrified" of the extremist Trump
Should I write a list for you

Be a big boy and read what other countrys leaders have said or are saying about Trump

Comes a time when you dont need your hand held Gothmog

If its another question, sorry I missed it amongst the noise

Dodging your question, somewhat incredulous you have to ask it, somewhat incredulous that you dont know what the rest of the world is saying, probably worth a thread if I had time

Australias Parliment on Trump
www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The trade policies pre-1980s built the largest, most prosperous middle class this world has ever seen. Muscle equals power and money... America can "isolate" itself again and, with the right foreign policy alongside the threat of consequences should any foreign nation protest too loudly, America can return to its natural position atop the world.

Unfortunately I think that time has passed and there can be no recovery for the US, event horizon and all that stuff.
Be great if I am proved wrong, guessing if anyone can do it Trump is probably the one, those others have only caused more problems and debt

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

no he can't they have to come from the board of governors those are his only choices.

Yes he can since there are two open spots and he can remove any governor for cause. The Federal Reserve will follow the fiscal policy of the administration.

Actually the Federal Reserve (neither Federal , nor has reserves) sets the basic fiscal policy for the Federal Government.By recommendation , of course.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Trump didn't signal a rise in interest rates, Janet Yellen did, you know the Chair of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.

Come on now...

edit on 11-17-2016 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

again your wrong, to fire her with cause doesn't mean just because.it means she has to really have done something that is messed up, or a bumbling idiot. trump would have to show a valid reason.

removal for cause, means that someone may have behaved illegally,in a incompetent manner, or against regulations of the fed and laws, which have to be shown.

also to remove her now because he doesn't like the way she is doing things, could and would likely be seen as a political move and very partisan, seeing how he said he would replace her because she is not republican, he cant do that.

here is a article on that from WSJ back in May of this year. plus he also said that when her time is up he would replace her.
plus the article says what i've been saying.

Donald Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, said Thursday he would “most likely” replace Federal Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen if elected.

“She is not a Republican,” he said in an interview with CNBC. “When her time is up, I would most likely replace her because of the fact that I think it would be appropriate.”
Ms. Yellen’s term as chairwoman ends in February 2018.
The Fed declined to comment.

By law, the president appoints the Fed leader who is subject to Senate confirmation. Once in office, however, Fed chiefs can only be removed “for cause”—that is, if they commit some sort of wrongdoing or if they are found to be unfit for office. Presidents cannot simply remove a chairwoman or chairman because of differences over policy or party affiliation.
Donald Trump Says He Would Replace Janet Yellen, Supports Low Interest Rates

even if he was to appoint new governors to the vacant seats, and they were confirmed, he can not replace her with one of them until her time is up, as i have shown you three times now.

edit on 18-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Actually the Federal Reserve (neither Federal , nor has reserves) sets the basic fiscal policy for the Federal Government.By recommendation , of course.

And my point is, who makes that recommendation?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
Trump didn't signal a rise in interest rates, Janet Yellen did, you know the Chair of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.

Come on now...

I know, I know, but who will Yellin take her lead from:

In an interview last week with Reuters, Trump said the low rates had created a "false economy," adding, "at some point the rates are going to have to change." Source

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

again your wrong, to fire her with cause doesn't mean just because.it means she has to really have done something that is messed up, or a bumbling idiot. trump would have to show a valid reason.

I said he could fire the other governors for cause.

removal for cause, means that someone may have behaved in a illegally,in a incompetent manner, or against regulations of the fed and laws, which have to be shown.

also to remove her now because he doesn't like the way she is doing things, could and would likely be seen as a political move and very partisan, seeing how he said he would replace her because she is not republican, he cant do that.

Ask yourself this question, do you think politicians are above partisanship? Do you think if the President wants to create and implement fiscal policy that the Fed will stand in his way? I understand how the Fed's rules work on paper, but how many paper laws have the previous Executives ignored or violated wholesale?

People are kidding themselves if they think the Fed Chairman's position is sacrosanct.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Do you think if the President wants to create and implement fiscal policy that the Fed will stand in his way?

Apparently. Just happened with a President elect
Next

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Apparently. Just happened with a President elect
Next

I think we will find our shortly:

Will The Federal Reserve Raise Interest Rates In December? Chair Janet Yellen Signals An Increase Despite Uncertainty Of Trump Presidency Source

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

the whole gambit is counter-intuitive in-a-sense...

Trump, by changing the focus of the economy to rebuilding the infrastructure and by domestic rebuilding of the USAs industrial base (allowing manufacturing to be grown internally instead of open borders/free trade give-away programs where ALL our industry, factory jobs and plants were left to be OFFSHORED...
Trumps' idea is to revitalize the nation's productive economic engine is re-grown ->in-America & designed as a continual operation for citizen workers at-all-levels as a 'strategic resource' (not as some tax-loop-hole or bargaining-chip used by business moguls for profit at-the-expense of the rank-&-file workers)

Trump is changing the Paradigm from a 'Wall Street' economy into a 'Main Street' economy...
raising the Fed Reserve loan rates will hurt Wall-Street & the TBTF banksters, from gaming the markets, etc.

Raising rates, in a progressive series of increases will change the character of the
Main Street Mom-&-Pops... the 'Savings' class will prosper instead of the Speculator Bankers who have for a dozen years been getting interest-free money to Game & Gamble the Wall Street Markets while the Main Street people were forced to invest in junk bonds to get a paltry interest return on their scarce monies...just to even try to keep up a minimum standard-of-living on fixed incomes/minimum wage...

Trump is hosing out the den-of-vipers that makes up the NWO, Progressive-Liberal-Lefties...to re-make an America that once had the promise of achieving the American Dream available to everyone... not just the elites, the 1%'ers

edit on th30147947822418102016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on th30147947833318122016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

So does that meen Trump won't last in his new role?
Just asking you to guess...

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
December 13, 2016

I got a kick out of listening to CNN in car today. The Stock Market's Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) is nearing a record level of 20,000 points.

CNN says that the election of Donald Trump has "very little" to do with the huge ongoing rally. It's just investors looking to "shore up" their portfolios before the end of the year. Yeah right... CNN another FAIL.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join