It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excited Russians Want to Rename a Street after Donald Trump And ‘Make Their City Great Again’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
On the lighter side of things that have come out of Donald Trump's historic victory on November 8th...

Residents of the small Russian city of Ryazan have started a petition seeking to rename its “Bezbozhnaya Street” to “Street of Donald Trump”.

“Recently elected U.S. President Donald Trump is a big friend of Russia and is a supporter of traditional values,” explains the petition launched on change.org.

The petition for a Trump Street has turned out to be quite popular. It’s gathered enough signatures to be officially reviewed by the authorities.

“With a street named after Donald Trump we can make Ryazan great again,” said one of the supporters of the petition.

I love it! "Make Ryazan Great Again"...where can I get the hat?

Of course, not everybody is on board.

Some commenters, however, expressed caution: “You should have waited to see Trump’s first moves. What if he will support the sanctions against Russia? You will look like idiots then.”

This is a very good point - sort of like maybe the Nobel Peace Prize committee should have waited to see if Obama was actually going to end any wars (or not start droning people around the world), before lionizing him and sending him a cheque for a million bucks.

Make Ryazan Great Again

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Nice.

My Indian friends are happy too.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
It will be a long wait.

“According to Ryazan city regulations,” the official said, “the street can be named after a famous person, Russian or foreign, only five years after the death of this person”.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueShaman
It will be a long wait.

“According to Ryazan city regulations,” the official said, “the street can be named after a famous person, Russian or foreign, only five years after the death of this person”.

Yes, let's hope this cannot be enacted for many, many years.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

It will be a long wait.

I hope they can rename it before the next election.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

It will be a long wait.

Naw , they got lots of time.....

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: DJW001

It will be a long wait.

Naw , they got lots of time.....

He is 70 years old, obese, and addicted to greasy food. It's a miracle he's still alive.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001
So am I

edit on 11/17/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
In a country that murders journalists and locks people up for protesting is it any surprise Donald Trump is a hero there?

Make America Russia 2016

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Even if he died this instant still wouldn't happen unless the presidential term is now 5+ years?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I as well!!!...minus 40 years...

top topics

join