It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible large DDOS attack on ISP's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Currently my ISP is down. I am on my phone, this is not my first thread in the past few months. I believe we've seen many dry runs.

My phone is slow in this area, but in the last few months we've seen...

An EAS hack (emergency alert service) localized to Utica NY.

ISP DDOS attacks.

Large website DDOS.

And also possibly tornado sirens in Colorado.

So my ISP is Cox and is down for the third time in the last month or two. My research (slow on phone) brought me to this, a site reporting DDOS attacks globally. Right now it shows America getting hit, anyone else experiencing anything?

Edit: apparently the whole world is getting hit now, I'm not familiar with this site so I don't know he validity. As I'm on my phone I'm curious to further knowledge and experiences.
edit on 17-11-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Mine is still up, I have AT&T UVerse.
It hasn't gone down at all.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Well , here we go again. So Obama unilaterally turns over control of the DNS backbone servers to the UN appointed and anointed so-called "private international company" and what happens ?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

DDOS attacks and tornadoes are two different beast. Enlighten me on what you think the cardinal cause is. Weather plays a huge factor but assuming you got cable its most likely server flooding due to black friday/Xmas shopping.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: KonquestAbySS

Seeing as I'm not freaking out about tornados and it's not black Friday you have me confused.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

So your internet is slow??? Ok. I am just saying that's perfectly normal. Also black friday is around the corner. Lastly everyone does xmas shopping early. I am confused why this is posted here. Sounds like a rant.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: KonquestAbySS

My Internet is down, not slow. I'm on my phone.

Also this is skunk works.

Google is (fill in any ISP or cell carrier) down. Go to down detector and there is high volume of service down.

I said this may be a dry run, so not everyone would be effected.

This isn't a rant, it's a question to people. And why would high volume problems happen at 1am eastern time?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Anyone still interested, if you click the link in the OP, one of the search filters in the top left is combined.

When you do that it shows the traffic of the attack. Most traffic centralizes in Vietnam and Kenya. Odd as those two countries don't strike me as heavy throughput countries for Internet. My understanding is...

I am semi tech savvy and have the understanding a DDOS is focused attention often time bouncing source signals through proxies. Meaning the traffic is bounced around to hide the source but focus energy on a specific target to deny service of any users by using all the available requests of information.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   
It should be said that most service providers will use the witching hours to do their updates etc as its when theres the least number of people to annoy.

There is actually very few backbones on the internet and one guy with a digger and no idea of theres a cable underground = many hours of fun splicing fiber cables and a massive change in a lot of routing tables.

and as for DDOS's they're a paid for service now using zombie computers, you can buy time by the 15 mins for enough traffic to take down the average site.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Currently my ISP is down. I am on my phone, this is not my first thread in the past few months. I believe we've seen many dry runs.

My phone is slow in this area, but in the last few months we've seen...

An EAS hack (emergency alert service) localized to Utica NY.

ISP DDOS attacks.

Large website DDOS.

And also possibly tornado sirens in Colorado.

So my ISP is Cox and is down for the third time in the last month or two. My research (slow on phone) brought me to this, a site reporting DDOS attacks globally. Right now it shows America getting hit, anyone else experiencing anything?

Edit: apparently the whole world is getting hit now, I'm not familiar with this site so I don't know he validity. As I'm on my phone I'm curious to further knowledge and experiences.

First of all, Cox cable is really very bad in general.

Second, I don't think you know how to read that attack map. It normally looks like that.

No problems here.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Norse is easier on the eyes. You will see some attacks coming from the US. You will see a lot going to Norse, those are tests.

A lot of attacks come from Russia and China and Indonesia and other places. Some will say the attack is coming from microsoft, but it is spoofed. The map always looks like this.

In general, most attacks are coming FROM the US or China.

edit on 17-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
ATS is very slow everything else appears fine to me in the UK though.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Well , here we go again. So Obama unilaterally turns over control of the DNS backbone servers to the UN appointed and anointed so-called "private international company" and what happens ?

Of course. Because there were never any stability or security issues with the DNS servers when under US control.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
North east USA was getting smashed, Norse won't load for me now.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   
After reading this I think we better employ the kids to take care of cyber stuff.

www.todayifoundout.com...

Or maybe we should all go back to books n paper to hide our secrets. Also letters instead of email.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

originally posted by: Gothmog

Of course. Because there were never any stability or security issues with the DNS servers when under US control.

Think back . I can (pun intended) - Errrr no.Never . Of course apparently you dont know the difference between a DNS server and THE 13 DNS backbone servers, do ya ?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Root name server lookup Makes an interesting allegory to the A priori process.
Alimentary my dear Watson?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
My Time Warner Cable internet kept going in and out all week. Yesterday lost it completely, and it said my router had been reset and had a new SSID and WEP code. :/ Had to fix everything and call my ISP to verify it was all back to normal.

-Alee

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

My internet is as fast as always with the exception of ATS.

ATS has been very slow & glitchy for me for the past few days.

I'm not sure if it's a software issue or a net issue, but it's definitely an issue.

Can someone from ATS management comment on this?

Also, where are the ATS main servers located - in the US or abroad?

Thanks.

edit on 11/17/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join