It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Typical Daily Grind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Wow. So anyways.

Work 8 hours eat lunch at 11:30 leave at 4pm. Fight traffic for 30 mins. Get home when its dark. Bathe, eat dinner, spend time with significant other watching lame shows. Game for a bit do my violent sprees via ps4, stalk ats or make beats. Drink a few beers until minds content. Sleep and do it all over again. Weekends are a bonus ! Just a generality of what I do.
edit on 17-11-2016 by KonquestAbySS because: Don't know

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a song for you

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Fits perfect for me. No complaints on this end. Thanks 4 that.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I see nothing wrong with this, as long as you're happy. You don't need to go around doing crazy stuff every other day.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Only 30min in traffic? I do atleast 2 hours a day...
I have no SO and prefer it that way.
my day goes -
Get up at 6
reach the office at 8
work till 5
get home at 6
make decent coffee (office's is crap)
Dayz - at the moment it's what I'm playing
Eat dinner
Dayz
In bed by 10.
Rinse and repeat.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Raven_Heart

Its my daily elixir, and yes definitely nothing wrong with it especially if it keeps me off the streets and doing things I shouldn't be doing that will land me in trouble.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

30 mins on a good day, my worse has been almost 2 hours (sad). I wish traffic could flow along with how my day is going. Thank technology for Ipods.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: KonquestAbySS

Mine is never typical.
I'm self employed and quite lazy, so after making enough to cover my needs and particular wants of a given week, I'll often take days off in a row to just chill out.

I haven't worked for nearly a month right now after stupidly and drunkenly breaking ribs falling down my stairs. I've arranged work starting Monday again but once I've paid back the recent hit in savings I'm sure I'll go back to being lazy again.
I couldn't think of anything worse than going back to the regimented world of being an employee. [/shudders]

*edit*
...and if I take on a job that will last say a day and a half, I'll always choose doing it as a long 12/13 hour day instead so I can have a long lay in bed the next day.

edit on 17.11.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Grinding away.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

My worst was 3 hours one morning... But this isn't a competition

Yea, same here, I drive a lot everyday, seeing clients and such.
Praise the Gods of music for a bluetooth to am/fm transmitter.

I mostly enjoy my job at the moment - that's the only reason why I bear with the traffic.
Cape Town also sucks, especially tricky in a Jeep, but I survive.
I'm just not a city person

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Am of the opinion that a 9-5 as an employee should always either be used to learn a skill that you can utilise to become self employed when you've learned enough about the business, or the money should provide you with an escape plan to go do the things you really want to do in life.

I can't fathom working for the same company for 30 years only to be ditched when profits take a hit and cuts need to be made or you're deemed too old to be useful.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Some folk are naturally inclined towards being 'led' as an employee so it works for them.
Sick pay, holiday pay, pension etc, everything you don't get as self employed.
...The price of that is loss of freedom and being owned by some other entity or person though.
I choose the freedom to choose when I work.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

That is definitely true. Personally I can't stand being told what to do by anyone; the freedom to live and die by your own choices and effort is priceless.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Completely agree, it is when we realise life is not daily grind, it is exciting.
...but as a moulded employee I imagine that is an alien concept, you know, free-running exciting autonomy of life.
...asking for five minutes to have a sandwich B'S....nah that's funking slavery in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

All you say is true. Oh how I wish; however I will be one to honestly say is I lack that thing called ambition. I suppose once I find my true calling and find that ambition to do so I can go with that. Until then I am just grinding the rail.

edit on 17-11-2016 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Freedom and independence is a choice.
Selling your time for 8 hours a day at specific times, while putting your hand up if you need a pee is a choice.
Bleating is a distraction...but again, a choice.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Overall it comes down to the choices we make. Individual choice that is.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: KonquestAbySS

Overall it comes down to the choices we make. Individual choice that is.

I starred in agreement.
People choose to be employee slaves.
No sympathy here.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
You hear that people?

YOU CHOOSE TO BE EMPLOYEE SLAVES.

Your choice, own it or quit yer bitchin'

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

People are slaves to time no matter how you flip it, employers as much as employees are slaves.
You got to be on time, you have to make time, can you spare time?... Time is a constant it doesn't stop or wait for nobody..

top topics

join