It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Imagine????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

You're deflecting!

I have the utmost respect for our military troops, and am not suggesting in the LEAST that any of them are "whiny babies", but again, you are deflecting. Don't try to twist the conversation!

Where, even once, did I say our military troops were "whiny babies"? I DIDN'T! Not once!

Don't twist the point!!!

ETA...I didn't miss your point at all!! In fact, I see EXACTLY where you are going with your point...distraction, diversion and deflection!!

edit on 11/17/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

We just don't agree and you don't like my take on your post. That's okay. Thought you wanted discussion; guess not. You can disagree without calling out someone who takes a different stance. I responded totally in kind to your post-you just didn't like it-so don't throw a hissy fit-you do it alot and it is unbecoming.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
meanwhile in Russia

Russian 'Safe Space'

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: jappee

Notice all the fat kids?(sarcasm)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Oh yes please! Can we go back to the kind of mind set that caused the death of millions? Where generations of men are forced to fight wars that only serve to protect the interests of a load of white men hundreds of miles away from the battlefield? And where objections to war are met with a firing squad or prison? Can we?

Tsk...that's right I forgot, some of us, and I am sorry to point, haven't ever left it. Yes, I am sorry, people have feelings, and that, progressively, it has become the norm to express those feelings in public ways. I still think that that is better than the alternative that you are offering, even if they are both, as stand alone solutions, equally as ineffective in bringing about change. That starts, primarily, in people taking responsibility for their own action, and acting in awareness that what 'feels' right for them, isn't necessarily what 'feels' right for someone else, and that we all have a responsibility not to impose our feelings, whether they are self-pity, gushiness, or indeed, stoicism, on others just because that is what we think is 'normal'. Diversity is natural, and necessary. War is proven to be a poor solution to our problems, wouldn't you say? It hasn't really changed much, has it now? So why would we want to perpetuate a mind set that is leading us into truly dangerous waters?

Acceptance of others, all others, takes patience. And quite a lot of drama it seems from both your extreme and their's, I don't have much patience for either, but I am trying.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I have often thought about this over the past several years, but it has really bothered me since the election. The announcements at certain college campuses of cry ins, adult coloring books for coping, play dough therapy, comfort dogs etc, etc....

I posted this in a different thread but it is appropriate here too.
SJW 1945

SJW 2016

Thanks for the thread FCD

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
I have often thought about this over the past several years, but it has really bothered me since the election. The announcements at certain college campuses of cry ins, adult coloring books for coping, play dough therapy, comfort dogs etc, etc....

I posted this in a different thread but it is appropriate here too.
SJW 1945

SJW 2016

Thanks for the thread FCD

So rather than doing some colouring in a book to release stress, you reckon they should enlist and go fight Nazis? I don't know, that chappy in black and white doesn't look like he's having much fun. The second lad at least looks well-fed and warm. Yeah, given the two options, I prefer the second option.

Anyway, 'youth of today', what ya gonna do, war, that's it - brilliant! Nah, that's not where my mind goes. I was thinking community work, perhaps a garden, or decorating a shelter for homeless people...you know something productive that helps others while putting things in a little perspective? I am sure that elsewhere such initiative are taking place, and that young people are doing amazing things, that's just not newsworthy though, it doesn't get the same knee jerk response that boosts viewing.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Who wouldn't prefer the 2nd option? But that is also beside the point.

The fact of the matter is, that 'well fed and warm' SJW of today wouldn't even have a 'homeless shelter' to 'decorate' had it not been for the guy in the 1st picture! Now turn the table, and imagine if the life, future and welfare of the 1st guy and all like him depended on the 2nd guy to strap on a pair of jump boots, sling a rifle and parachute out of an airplane on a cold drizzling November morning before daylight. What would be the end result?

The end result would be, the 1st guy having to learn to speak German or Japanese and the 2nd guy tapping out a Instagram and FailBook message on his MacBook opining the deplorable living conditions, lack of safe rooms and general starvation...of his concentration camp!

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

So, let me get this straight; you feel that WWII was all about...

...generations of men are forced to fight wars that only serve to protect the interests of a load of white men hundreds of miles away from the battlefield?

(your words, not mine)

Seriously? WOW!

I don't know what else to say, but...WOW!

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

On the contrary, you didn't have an argument so you posted deflections (as usual). You don't agree; that's okay, then why not just say simply that? Instead you talk about people 'busting MY butt', as if what I've stated is some kind of a challenge to them...which it is not. (not too worried about that anyway, but I digress).

As I have clearly pointed out, this is about the differences between the youth of today and the youth of yesterday. I have no doubt you have many brave warriors who have served in the 'past'. And, I also have no doubt there are many brave warriors in our military today. However, again, that is not the point.

The point is during past decades events like those of WWII were not carried out by just a subset of society, they were an "all-in" efforts by an entire nation. The point is...where would all of that "all-in" strength come from today? It wouldn't, when half of them just refused to do anything but protest and cry about all the hardship. That is, and continues to be, the point.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
The fact of the matter is, that 'well fed and warm' SJW of today wouldn't even have a 'homeless shelter' to 'decorate' had it not been for the guy in the 1st picture!

How do you figure that one out? Assuming that we are talking the US alone, in terms of their specific input across the various arenas of the two wars, I agree, had the US continued to back the Nazis it is more likely that euthanasia would be the more likely means of dealing with homelessness, so no shelter's necessary, but if the US was less inclined to spend money on funding and fighting wars overseas in order to preserve it's unsustainable level of consumerism, and then subsequently cast aside it's veterans to fend for themselves and cope with the trauma that they have suffered, there would indeed be less homeless on the streets in the first place and still less shelters.

Now turn the table, and imagine if the life, future and welfare of the 1st guy and all like him depended on the 2nd guy to strap on a pair of jump boots, sling a rifle and parachute out of an airplane on a cold drizzling November morning before daylight. What would be the end result?

Well, I would hope that the the 2nd guy is better educated than the first, and a little less susceptible to propaganda, and therefore less able to be convinced that he has to travel thousands of miles to defend his way of life.

The end result would be, the 1st guy having to learn to speak German or Japanese and the 2nd guy tapping out a Instagram and FailBook message on his MacBook opining the deplorable living conditions, lack of safe rooms and general starvation...of his concentration camp!

As I already pointed out, if all you find entertaining is the freak show, keep watching, but there are plenty of intelligent, brave and resourceful young people doing great things, standing up for their principles and for the rights of others. They're just invisible to you.

Sometimes it's like that, when your head is so far stuck up your own arse.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Seriously? WOW!

I don't know what else to say, but...WOW!

Why thank you, I was terribly pleased with it. It isn't easy to sum up the conflicts of the twentieth century in one single sentence, but yes, I think I cracked it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join