It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Imagine????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Can you imagine if there were schools making "crying rooms" and "letting out class" in sympathy in 1941?

Can you imagine the concept of a "safe place" for someone who was "socially offended" in 1942?

When all the men (sorry ladies) went away to WAR in 1941/2 (i.e. WWII), both in Europe and the Pacific...can you imagine all these ninnies sitting home in their "crying rooms" and their "safe places"??????? Can you???

When there were no people left to work in the factories, and the women had to take up the slack (think: Rosy the riveter"), can you imagine all thes immature little babies lying around on Mom's couch and just SNIVVELING, because the current events "offended" them?

Can you imagine that???

Can you imagine the D-Day invasion, or Iwo Jima with all these sniveling little BRATS and momma's boys in this country, who felt they deserved something without working for it...seriously???

Can you imagine how the heros who risked their lives, without regard, feel about these snot nosed brats who have done NOTHING (and expect EVERYTHNG), feel about society today?

What would happen if there was another war effort like WWII again in the future? Who would fight?

I suspect no one would fight...maybe a bunch of old crippled up men (maybe like me). Youth wouldn't rally to the cause, and they DAMN sure wouldn't take up arms to fight the enemy! No, they'd run to their "safe room" and "cry" and demand some "play dough" to assuage their grief.

What a bunch of LOSERS!!

edit on 11/16/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

no, I cannot imagine it because it sounds ridiculous. And to be frank, I suspect the typical treatment for that behavior back then was a good smacking and a "calm the hell down and get a hold of yourself!"

What awesome times we live in to have the luxury of starting a crusade over "offense" .
edit on 11-16-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I get what your saying. The part that bears discussion and the propensity for change is what brought this about. It wasn't created in a vacuum. It's been an evolving process over time and needs to be addressed.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I'm so triggered by your post, I'm suffocating my comfort dog. Not my history. You made all of that up, didn't you?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

BS!! It's needs to be stopped in its tracks!!

These people need a serious SPANKING!!!

...and get put to bed with no dinner!!! (and then spanked again...over and over).

ETA...like the little panty wipes they are!!

edit on 11/16/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I suspect most of the young folk are regular people and will become regular old folk like the past generations. I have to hope that the safe space cry babies are merely the loud minority.

link   
a reply to: loam

Not a bit!!

2nd.

link   

Perhaps, but once they grow up and raise kids with the same mentality it will get worse. As a society we need to come together to out the rubbish before it can procreate. I don't disagree with your thread entirely, I just don't see it as an easy fix nor a one sided problem.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Look around you, on any given day, and tell me what you say...you actually "believe"!

Brave? Courage?

Do you see that????

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Perhaps, but once they grow up and raise kids with the same mentality it will get worse. As a society we need to come together to out the rubbish before it can procreate. I don't disagree with your thread entirely, I just don't see it as an easy fix nor a one sided problem.

I wasn't looking for an "easy" fix. What I'm attempting to point out is how incomprehensibly F#'d up society in this country is today!

There is no easy fix...other than 'tough love' and complete dismissal of snowflakes!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I live in a small town with a large young population due to the town including a college campus. Do I see courage? Not necessarily. There was a vigil for the fact that Donald J. Trump is the President Elect, but I am unaware of any actual safe spaces in this college. I know several youth who are in fact hard workers and ambitious. So I do see it, yes.

I still think they're liberal morons for their large amount of intolerance and ignorance though.
edit on 16-11-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This did actually happen-in the 60s-so many young lives taken. On the news showing dead young Americans and coffins brought home-I remember and knew several who were severely wounded and died. The response from that generation was to run to Canada and protest. It was horrific and divisive times ten even worse in our country.
Viet Nam was needless loss and very painful dividing even families.
Guess some have forgotten those awful times-I haven't.
This middle east mess will divide us even worse if it doesn't get under control. At least we don't have the draft, yet.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Courage on the level of life and death? Or, just courage about somebody might actually get a "job" in the next decade or so and move out of Mom's basement???

There's a difference!

You apparently have MUCH more hope than I do!!

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

The 60's wasn't the 40's...and that's part of the problem.

The times you reference were the beginning of the end. That was the beginning of the liberal "sniveler" generation.

Don't get me wrong, Viet Nam was wrong, but that is NO excuse for a bunch of crybabies...and we've had crybabies ever since, and it's getting exponentially worse!

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Glad you noticed.
Check your fences.

S&F

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

But they didn't cry! They protested as is their right. They didn't snivel-they got angry and did something about it-and kept it up til Nixon stopped the war and slunk back-huge black eye for Americans.

I think our country did learn something from that. I don't believe they are snivelers. My own 20 year old nephew is going to Iraq next month-I don't think he should-but there is still pride here in our military supporting the US government's policies-lots of military pride here in the deep South-no one whining and crying.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
The Social Justice Warriors, buttercups and Snowflakes won't comment on this thread because...there is no defense!

There is no honorable way to defend their actions and attitudes. They can only hold onto some ideology given them from the media and their liberal education which suggests conflict is wrong. Any conflict, regardless of cause.

There is simply no rejoinder...from them.

...and there shouldn't be!

Pussies!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

You are trying to defend a concept with an instance. You are trying to defend a liberal concept with an instance.

Was Viet Nam right? NO! Was Iraq / Asskrackistan right...NO, not even, but this is beside the point!!

My point is different; if there WAS a cause which was justified (and I DARE you to say WWII was unjust), where would the warriors be today???

Forget about the politics of Viet Nam and Iraq/Asskrackistan...don't defend the WHINY little babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 11/17/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
You missed my point totally. My nephew and his military friends are not whiny babies. These guys are voluntarily fighting for the US people and policies. This is war right now and we don't even need the draft. They are proud and aware of what they are doing-don't believe all the msm about college safe places-it's just silliness in the news.
The reality is in the above.
Brave people here where I live-no crying-they'll bust your butt.
All my uncles fought WWII (one of my uncles was a highly decorated fighter pilot) as did my father volunteer for the Korean War. All my nephews and many of my neighbors have been in the military and fought.
No babies crying here-brave men and and women in present day America-I live with them.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
meanwhile in Russia

top topics

<<   2 >>

join