It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Still stuck on ELO.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
They were my salvation after the Beatles disbanded. Here is one tune that reall reminded, just right after the break up that made me think is was a stunt....to my dismay it wasn't...still love the song. Hope you do too!!

Sounds like the Beatles....but it ain't. LOL

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 1TruthTeller

I was just playing some ELO for my son earlier today.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: notquiteright

I was just playing some ELO for my son earlier today.

You can't go wrong.....it is rockin' groovin' fun. Enjoy.

TT

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Someone said ELO?

originally posted by: 1TruthTeller

Sounds like the Beatles....but it ain't. LOL

Jeff Lynne had a fascination with The Beatles (understandable,) and an obsession with rivaling their studio productions.

Actually, Lynne helped produce 2 Beatles tunes in the absence of Lennon:

edit on 16-11-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Elo's Greatest Hits is one of my Desert Island Discs.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Elo's Greatest Hits is one of my Desert Island Discs.

I could listen to them every day. Screw the desert island.

Some non-hit favorites of mine:

edit on 17-11-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

WOW! Totally Awesome. Love them all too.......replay, replay, replay............Lynne was/is a genius. Thanks

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
One of the immortal bands. Brings back some very good memory of my teenage years. Buth the truth be told there were some very good bands back then making immortal music. On the other hand, I guess the kids of today will say the same about their bands in 30 years time, even though us old-timers think todays music is crap, lol.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

ELO were a great band who gave the world great music , their like had never been seen before or since.
Not only did I love their music but their UFO art played into my love of the subject as a lad.

When this was released I thought it the greatest song ever written , I still think it's pretty fantastic.

Shame they fell out and we will never see the real ELO ever again.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Electric Light Orchestra was a staple on The local FM rock station when I was a teenager in the 70s (just like the Beatles and so may other great "Super Bands"].

No need to own their 8-tracks or cassettes, hey were playing all the time! It was taken for granted that you could hear great music whenever you wanted.

Fortunately now, thanks to thrift stores and estate sales, I have everyone of ELOs L.P.s and listen to any time I want and that's a cool thing.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Jeff Lynne lived in the next street to me in Shard End Birmingham. My only claim to fame.

Before he formed ELO he was a member of another great Birmingham band " The Move "

A man of many talents our Mr Lynne.
edit on 17-11-2016 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellhound604

Today's music is crap - and I'm 23.
I fear it's just the media pushing their narrative, there are to many great musicians who don't get heard, while everyone listens to pure crap.

I haven't listened to radio since I got my own car (5 years), just because they push all this mainstream crap on you.
Music should be art, not a business, not an image, it should be a reflection of the artists soul and emotions.

To bad most 'artists' these days don't have a soul

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

I fear it's just the media pushing their narrative, there are to many great musicians who don't get heard, while everyone listens to pure crap.

I haven't listened to radio since I got my own car (5 years), just because they push all this mainstream crap on you.
Music should be art, not a business, not an image, it should be a reflection of the artists soul and emotions.

Fully agree with you. I believe music is the language of the soul. When I worked in SE Asia a few years ago, I met quite of few local musicians. The one was sort of their Bob Dylan, and we had quite a nice conversation. He was stunned by the fact that even though I didn't understand the language in which he sang, I could exactly say what he was singing about and why. My explanation to him was "Music is the language of the soul. Good music you understand with your heart, you can feel what the musician wants to say". He just smiled. There is still a lot of great Indy music out there, but unfortunately the mass market has been taken over by the Justin Biebers, etc...... Music for the mindless crowd.
edit on 17/11/2016 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Well said and stated, thank you.

TT

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

I agree, well stated, Thank you.

TT

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Wow, great story, anecdote. Your street was full of talent. You too of course.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

There's a lot of good music out there you just have to look for it , there are more than main stream music stations on your radio that's where you will find the gold.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Not in Africa..

new topics

top topics

join