It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Globalization Effort And The Trump Card

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I read in an interview with George Soros and he mentioned the New world Order is the Financial World Order.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Very true, nobody would want those jobs even if they did come back and paid $10 bucks an hour. Once they got a taste of the mind numbing back breaking repetitive work it is they would absolutely detest it. With that said though, what happens when we have absolutely no industry base left and every single bit of it is gone. The country only needs so many IT people and managers. Not to mention if the country completely ceases to produce anything then what is it worth? How does it increase value instead of debt at that point? Even the IT and Tech jobs are not safe as proven by Tech companies hiring foreign labor. Supposedly the outsourcing of jobs makes for better prices for the consumer but what happens when the consumer has no job anymore to buy said cheaper product? I'm really curious as to how the future looks in regards to the work force of this country when even the most skilled jobs are not safe from outsourcing/automation anymore.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

One of the issues surrounding the exporting of American culture is the emphasis it places on "things" and the subsequent quality of life people begin to desire.
Suddenly the people overseas working for pennies an hour desire more.
Oh yeah. American Materialism. The Culture of Want instead of a Culture of Need. This change in American culture has been noted to have happened with the advent of 'mass production'. How the 'demand' for products fell far behind the ability to produce them. So at the behest of the major industrialists, American culture was turned over to the advertising industry to sway people from satisfying needs to instilling 'want's' and changing citizens into consumers.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Thoren

We go off-world. There's only so many "jobs" for people in a post-industrial world of A.I. and automation. Humans will either have to drastically reduce their population or colonize other worlds/asteroids.

I'm not kidding....

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

And I hope you are correct. I see a period of Maga but I also think it will be short lived. I think many will see the semi-return of industry and maybe even some of the other largess that capitalism at times allows. But it will all come at a price, a price that we must watch closely. Did someone above mention that Trump is to meet with Kissinger tomorrow? Warning Will Rogers Warning Warning,

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

We go off-world. There's only so many "jobs" for people in a post-industrial world of A.I. and automation. Humans will either have to drastically reduce their population or colonize other worlds/asteroids.

I'm not kidding....

Gawd I love logical realistic people.

Hard to come by.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

That's what I thought. There is no solution other than expanding. I've spent a lot of time pondering how it would be sustainable on the current path and came to the conclusion a long time ago that it is not. The population reduction...That's a scary one if implemented in the way that some on this site have said in the past. It could happen organically also once the system reaches the point where it can no longer sustain the demand. Mass die offs from starvation or unavailability of medical care? Of course as history has shown only the poor and the lower middle class of the world would suffer this. I think that would be the "Let them eat cake" moment for the world.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Thoren I went to the cinema on opening week of that movie because I had a crush on Dunaway having fallen for her in the original Thomas Crown Affair. All of network was great but that one scene with Ned Beatty chilled me to the bone.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

It is a beautiful yet horrifying scene. It could not have been done better.
edit on 16-11-2016 by Thoren because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

That's what I thought. There is no solution other than expanding.
And therein lies the poison at the core of capitalism. Capitalism needs to expand. I falters when it does not. And when the room to expand or the resources to expand are limited or dried up, then it begins to eat upon itself.
This is why I think the 'space race' is faltering, far behind projections of fifty years ago. The capital that is needed is caught up in the coffers of corporations and one thing we know about corporations is that very often, their only interests are in short term profit. Will the books show immediate returns for the investors. There is no profit for a long long time by going into space farther than we already have.

edit on 30America/ChicagoWed, 16 Nov 2016 22:58:16 -0600Wed, 16 Nov 2016 22:58:16 -060016112016-11-16T22:58:16-06:001000000058 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Beatty, along with everyone else in that move was Oscar nominated. Though three others won, Beatty did not. Shame. That was one of the most on the money performances in movie history.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Wouldn't those be symptoms of crony capitalism? I believe long term investment would be more popular if it were not for our current system that is based on debt and short term profit. Too few control too much wealth and are only interested in increasing and hording their own wealth instead of investing it elsewhere to spur continuous growth. The hording only serves to stagnate the economy and stifle innovation. I wouldn't call what we have now as true capitalism.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thoren

Wouldn't those be symptoms of crony capitalism? I believe long term investment would be more popular if it were not for our current system that is based on debt and short term profit. Too few control too much wealth and are only interested in increasing and hording their own wealth instead of investing it elsewhere to spur continuous growth. The hording only serves to stagnate the economy. I wouldn't call what we have now as true capitalism.
As I see this you are absolutely correct. But to add the that, I see crony capitalism as part of the 'eating of itself' that I mentioned earlier. Crony capitalism is, in my estimation, a natural outgrowth of capitalism and not just a product of government intervention as many others will hold.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Realistic yet the scenario is horrifying. Either scenario would mean certain death or a bleak existence with a slow death for everyone but the absolute upper crust of society. That would be me, you, your children and mine and their children.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thoren

Realistic yet the scenario is horrifying. Either scenario would mean certain death or a bleak existence with a slow death for everyone but the absolute upper crust of society. That would be me, you, your children and mine and their children.

I don't find it horrifying.

How is it different from any other species trying to survive?

Except, Humans have the ability to make realistic choices. Why do they continue to irresponsibly reproduce? Why do they continue to rape the planet of resources and polute it's waters.

You want to blame big corps? Supply and demand. Need & greed by the consumer.

edit on 16-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

From Asimov to B.V Larson (classics to new) -- I'm a veritable walking, talking science fiction repository.

The great thing about that genre is that it allows people to tinker around with the problems of the future. How are we going to deal with these problems we're facing? What industries will actually be left? Where do humans fit in?

Asteroid mining might actually provide a lot of work for millions of people. Not just the miners but the entire industry that is created to support it. Ships have to be built and maintained, ore processed, stations built and kept up -- supplies have to be ferried to and from the miners.

We really could start expanding OUT and OFF Earth and keep our civilization busy. When humans pack themselves to tightly and compete for resources, we end up being miserable and fighting a lot. Idle hands and all that.

Why not put us all to work terraforming Mars and mining Helium 3 on the Moon? Why not start cataloging and tagging asteroids for rare metals to build exotic new technologies?

Oh. That's right...we're lead by the least among us (the 1%) and the least visionary.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I do not blame big corps only, it is just as much the consumers fault as it is the corps. As for you not horrified. Why not? Would you really want to see you or your children live in a world that has been destroyed for the most part while the elites run off to another planet or hide in their bunkers? I wouldn't want that for my children that I am sure of. That kind of world is filled with violence and war amongst those of us left behind to fight over the scraps that are left to survive on. There is nothing pretty about that, i've been to war and have seen the results. I'd rather not repeat it.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Now that's the path I would love to see it take. I love sci-fi and always envisioned humans reaching the point where we called the entire solar system home instead of just Earth. I just don't want to see the other path taken where when the upper echelons of society finish using the rest and then do a cya. We have an entire Universe worth of space to occupy, more than enough space/resources for everyone.
edit on 17-11-2016 by Thoren because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

Oh. That's right...we're lead by the least among us (the 1%) and the least visionary.

Currently voted in by the "Home Sweet Homers".

They are clueless to the man they voted for.

edit on 17-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

I agree with your point that despite what they claim they are all implementing the same agenda.

However, as is common with those blinded by the veil of idology, it matters little whether or they are implementing the globalist/NWO agenda willingly or be force, or which from which faction they come from.

Those who do unwillingly, simply require more effort on the part of the globalist/NWO.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join