It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Sanctuary city = Treason

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel (D) has openly declared that Chicago is, and will remain, a sanctuary city for illegal aliens.

The mayor tried to reassure Chicago's undocumented immigrants that despite the incoming Trump administration, their access to city services - including public schools - will not be affected.
emph. added

link

18 U.S. Code § 2381 - Treason

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason...
emph. added

18 US Code 2381

en•e•my (ˈɛn ə mi)
n., pl. -mies, adj. n.
1. a person who hates, opposes, or fosters harmful designs against another; hostile opponent.
2. an opposing military force.
3. a ship, aircraft, etc., of such a force.
4. a hostile nation or state.
5. a citizen of such a state.
6. something harmful or prejudicial.

By the word of, and perhaps more importantly in the spirit of, the law, if just one illegal alien terrorist (enemy) can be identified in Chicago Rahm Emanuel is guilty of Treason. The law does not differentiate between degrees of treason. The law does not allow for 'good intentions'. It is clear, concise, and coherent.

By declaring Chicago a sanctuary city Rahm Emanuel is creating and fostering an atmosphere or conditions in which illegal alien militants could seek sanctuary in Chicago with the belief and understanding that they will not be forcibly removed and deported. Per US code this act constitutes Treason.
edit on 16-11-2016 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Do the taxpayers and residents of Chicago have a say in this? If not, I can see many things wrong with that.

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Well, Chicago is known for it's peaceful and law-abiding populace.

So there is that.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

As much as I feel compassion for people trying to get by...elected leaders stating what they will and wont do in direct contradiction to law deserve to be impeached and imprisoned.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well all the citizens there are prospering, so I think they can give a little to people who don't have to pay into said said system.

Pretty sure the infrastructure and schools are top in the country their so they can afford it.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

True!

There are no poor people in Chicago!

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: KonquestAbySS

Chicago politicians have no problem telling the people who live there how things are going to be, whether they like it or not.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

As much as I feel compassion for people trying to get by...elected leaders stating what they will and wont do in direct contradiction to law deserve to be impeached and imprisoned.
We are becoming a lawless society. Laws only are spoken of when it is of benefit, otherwise, people feel the law doesn't apply to them, and they have the right to ignore the law.

Our politicians have been getting away with this for a long time. I guess something has finally trickled down, unfortunately it is the feces as always.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Very true. But you aren't allowed to even suggest that it may be illegal aliens committing some of these crimes...

link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I wholeheartedly agree.

link   

Question. Are you speaking on behalf of all the people in Chicago?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Well said. We, the People, will always be floor one in a two story out-house.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I love a sarcastic wit. Indeed, Chicago is as good as it gets. I can see no reason why anyone would complain...

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Trump would lose his Secretary of State if that happened.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

trump is not president yet.

if he declared this under trumps admin, its still not treason.

kinda like the same sex marriage looney who wouldnt allow same sex to marry and defy the law.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Why do you believe this is not treason? Can you elaborate on that?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: KonquestAbySS
Do the taxpayers and residents of Chicago have a say in this? If not, I can see many things wrong with that.

No we don't actually.

Every government policy goes through the Central Kommittee.

Including voting.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
a reply to: odzeandennz

Why do you believe this is not treason? Can you elaborate on that?

You gave the definition of treason in the OP.
This wouldn't be the first time a state wouldn't abide by federal law. Bathroom bill... Same sex marriage, taxation , automotive laws, etc.
Trump has not assumed duties and responsibilities as president. Chicago is not against any law passed by Trump s administration, therefore no law or technical law has been broken. Make sense?

The mayor can say anything he wants, no matter how unlikely his ideals are, with a rep congress and the people whom are going to "run" the country, its likely a different approach will be taken once his new president gets sworn in.

Politicians have a tendency to tell people what they want to hear. I. E. We're going to build a wall and another country is going to pay for it or repeal obama care or ban all Muslims from entering a country or a city remaining a sanctuary city for Illegal immigrants... Its all there to help create threads like this (it also helps to create something far worse on a macro scale)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

I love a sarcastic wit. Indeed, Chicago is as good as it gets. I can see no reason why anyone would complain...

Glad you caught that. And localities should decide to speak on behalf of them.

That being said we are a melting pot, and anyone who comes here through the proper channels as my ancestors did then I'll welcome them with open arms.

Coming here illegally puts strain on the system and limits those who can come in.

My Grandpa came from Italy when he was eight and got drafted to serve in the European front. He did so and did not talk about it, I still don't know if he had to fight Italians.
edit on 16-11-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
So for the record I'm not American.

But in saying that, a government starting treason proceedings against something like this defies logic, and quite possibly provoke not only protest, but invite a civil war (worst case).

Best case scenario would be international condemnation due to someone doing what is "globally" classified as "the right thing".

IMHO you won't hear of much coming from this, given what the MSM are reporting (civil unrest in multiple citi s) I suspect doing something like that would simply be a tipping point.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join