It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Trafficking Researcher In Haiti Dies Researching Clinton Caracol Complex

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalVigilante420

Thanks.
Yeah, the fact that Snopes felt the need to step in and comment so soon is definitely worth noting.
Too bad for them they couldn't prove it 'false'.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: DJW001

When an NGO worker gets killed that NGO usually issues a statement.

She was there to start an NGO.

Can't copy the text from the facebook post, but here's a facebook link.

Here the issue of it being Clinton related is addressed:

Note that the HTC says to ignore it but in does not not deny or refute the idea.

When I saw this earlier I thought to myself, aren't these people employed by the Clintons, at least indirectly? (please correct me if I am wrong)

This might be nothing more than a fabrication. The corruption runs deep within these alliances. That girl speaking to HTC is probably part of the charade. Once again more speculation on my behalf but believe my theory has some merit.

Typical fallacy, don't acknowledge the crazies when they bring up logical points, instead just ignore them and call them crazies.

That's what Hillary did every time Trump called her out on her corruption. Maybe she is coaching them from behind the scenes?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalVigilante420

IF there remains an ongoing covert investigation by the HTC of Clinton involvement in human trafficking in Haiti...the LAST thing they would want to do is acknowledge it.

Even denying it was ever taking place may be in their best interests in maintaining their investigation's covert status.

One agent may have possibly been murdered...there may be others down there still at risk.
edit on 18-11-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

And it would appear most of her friends are also Berners.

They are pretty anti-Trump and also seem to fling some mud Clinton's way.

One of them posted this:

And this type of sentiment is pretty common. Calling out the whiners about Trump saying that they did nothing about Obama's screw ups.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

My guess is that someone (such as Monica) who dedicates their life to fighting human trafficking and the child sex trade...would never allow their personal politics to hinder their search for justice.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Agreed, this looks like it was a life's passion for this woman.

Looking at the Organization with which she was affiliated:

Domain ID: D169756812-LROR
WHOIS Server:
Referral URL: www.wildwestdomains.com...
Updated Date: 2013-11-21T03:45:58Z
Creation Date: 2013-09-22T02:22:16Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2018-09-22T02:22:16Z
Sponsoring Registrar: Wild West Domains, LLC
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 440
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited icann.org...
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited icann.org...
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited icann.org...
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited icann.org...
Registrant ID: CR151356305
Registrant Name: Claude d'Estree
Registrant Organization: Human Trafficking Clinic
Registrant Street: 2201 South Gaylord Street, Denver, CO
Registrant City: Denver
Registrant State/Province: Colorado
Registrant Postal Code: 80208
Registrant Country: US

whois.com

Also:

IP history results for humantraffickingcenter.org.
==============

IP Address Location IP Address Owner Last seen on this IP
192.185.46.70 Houston - United States WEBSITEWELCOME.COM 2016-11-11[

viewdns.info

Which leads to this:

YOUR IP IS IN BLACKLIST
Remove IP From Blacklist

The 192.185.46.70 is located in Houston, United States which is owned by CyrusOne LLC and its ISP: Websitewelcome.com You can find more details about this IP address in the following section.

bl.spamcannibal.org 0.1011s LISTED

ipindetal.com

Websitewelcome.com is a generic hosting company who's whois info is privacy protected.

History

The HTC was founded in 2002 to apply sound research and reliable methodology to the field of human trafficking research and advocacy. Professor Claude d’Estrée, the HTC Founder and Director, began working on issues of human trafficking in 1999 in his role as Supervisor of Asset Forfeiture at the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Washington, D.C. In 2002, Professor d’Estrée joined the faculty of the Sturm College of Law at the University of Denver and created the Task Force on Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery. The Task Force encouraged students, faculty, and staff from various academic disciplines to support research and advocacy related to human trafficking and modern slavery.

After Professor d’Estrée joined the faculty at the Josef Korbel School of International Studies, the Task Force became the Human Trafficking Clinic in 2008. The Clinic conducted research and provided a two-year, graduate level training program in forced labor and human trafficking. In July 2013, Ambassador Christopher R. Hill, Dean of the Korbel School, approved the institutional change from clinic to center. The Human Trafficking Center continues to provide the only two-year graduate level training program in forced labour, human trafficking, and international labour migration issues in the U.S.

Human Trafficking Center - About Us

TAT, hold on to your hat:

Christopher Robert Hill (born 1952) is an American diplomat who served as the U.S. Ambassador to Iraq from 2009–2010.[1] He succeeded Ryan Crocker and preceded James Jeffrey.

On July 1, 2010, Hill was chosen to be the dean of the Josef Korbel School of International Studies at the University of Denver[2] He also serves on the board of International Relief and Development Inc. [3] and is an advisor with Albright Stonebridge Group, a strategic advisory firm.[4]

Wikipedia

LittleSis

Clinton Connection established?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

That tells me someone is constantly monitoring reddit, ATS and 4chan (and whoever else) for Snopes. They want to nip things in the bud as quickly as possible.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Too bad for them they couldn't prove it 'false'.

And no-one has yet to prove it "true." This would be easy enough to do. All one need do is locate her original tweets, and the tweets of her friends. As it is, the only thing she has written online is a guest blog post about Mexican trafficking. No-one has been able to find the original posts allegedly shown in the jpegs. Also, one might try to uncover local Haitian news reporting about her death.

Now, can anyone explain why the reddit account claimed that a post by Chantal Laurent, who has no connection with Petersen, was presented as being by her? Also, why is an article about possible kickbacks and electioneering presented as evidence of human trafficking?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Holy Crap!

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

My God.

Excellent work !!

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Wow J&C...The Clinton's have the whole machine wired and monitored.
Is it possible they were tipped off to Monica Petersen's investigation?
Still...wasn't she was an Assistant Director?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001
Appreciate your skepticism...keep digging.

Regarding local reporting in Haiti...it IS a corrupt government and a VERY corrupt police force.
Human trafficking stories rarely get reported locally...as would anything connected to them.
Granted...the Haitian people may hate the Clinton's...but the government itself remains under the US administration's thumb.

Not to say something might turn up...but it's VERY odd that NOTHING regarding Monica Petersen's death has surfaced in local reports.

An American citizen being found dead in Haiti (under ANY conditions) would, on the surface, seem to be a publishable story for local Haitian Press.

Unless...the Haitian government wanted to draw as little attention as possible to her death...in order to receive as little international Press scrutiny as possible.

THEY, as is the case with the HTC, may wish to ignore the circumstances and ramification's of Petersen's untimely death for reasons yet to be discerned.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

Exactly the control of information is essential. When the forth estate is compromised, their goes the checks and balances in the system. So your left with a sham democracy.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This capture contains a message by Monica Petersen from Aug. 15, 2015

imgur.com...

This must've been her first trip to Haiti.

She mentions she is going to Haiti for three weeks to do fieldwork on human trafficking ("ALL exploited labor sectors, not just sex") and asks if anyone knows of any sex workers or sex worker organizations she can investigate.

She basically states she is not going there to "rescue" people (she calls this a "stupid and imperialistic concept")...but, rather, to do "solid research on HT" as a social anthropologist.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Yes, a sham. And shams have become intolerable to many.

If there wasn't so much corruption, etc., going on in the upper levels there would not be such a huge body of citizen investigators doing what the mainstream press refuses to do since they are complicit in the corruption.

Mike Cernovich made a succinct tweet earlier about Clinton. We've had 30 years of "coincidences" surrounding the Clinton's. If a no-name couple lived next door and all of this was going on with that couple I will bet the last gold bar on Earth the neighbors wouldn't blow it off to a vast right wing conspiracy.

Mike's tweet

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

("ALL exploited labor sectors, not just sex")

Hm

Examples of human trafficking related to the mining industry include:

➤ In the eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo, a significant number of Congolese men and boys working as
artisanal miners are exploited in debt bondage by businesspeople and supply dealers from whom they acquire cash advances, tools, food, and other provisions at inflated prices and to whom they must sell mined minerals at
prices below the market value. The miners are forced to continue working to pay off constantly accumulating debts
that are virtually impossible to repay.

➤ In Angola, some Congolese migrants seeking employment in diamond-mining districts are exploited in forced labor
in the mines or forced prostitution in mining communities.

➤ A gold rush in southeastern Senegal has created serious health and environmental challenges for affected
communities due to the use of mercury and cyanide in mining operations. The rapid influx of workers has also contributed to the forced labor and sex trafficking of children and women in mining areas.

In Guyana, traffickers are attracted to the country’s interior gold mining communities where there is limited government presence. Here, they exploit Guyanese girls in the sex trade in mining camps.

➤ In Peru, forced labor in the gold mining industry remains a particular problem. In 2013, a report titled, Risk Analysis of Indicators of Forced Labor and Human Trafficking in Illegal Gold Mining in Peru, catalogued the result of interviews with nearly 100 mine workers and individuals involved in related industries (such as cooks, mechanics, and people in prostitution). It traces how gold tainted by human trafficking ends up in products available in the global marketplace, from watches to smart phones.

The Intersection between
Environmental Degradation and
Human Trafficking
(direct .pdf link)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Debt bondage is what we have now, the Banks are exploiting it , as loan sharks on credit card interest rates. If you cant get enough cash to feed the kids, because you don't get paid enough, you borrow money, then you are in debt bondage.Most of the country is in this sad state of affairs.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
THIS is Monica's friend/associate Bella Robinson. She is referenced as quoting Monica Petersen ("Via Monica Petersen") regarding the Clintons in Haiti:

imgur.com... :

Local Contact: COYOTE RI
Bella Robinson, Executive Director
[email protected]
coyoteri.org...

From her lengthy and run-on page...Bella is obviously a feminist and interested in sex workers rights.

THIS quote jumps out at me...as it STRONGLY reminds me of Monica's statement (Aug. 15, 2015) that "rescuing" is a "stupid and imperialistic concept"
(www.abovetopsecret.com...)

This (Bella's 'Favorite Quote') suggests to me that Bella and Monica may share some very common opinions...or...it may suggest something else entirely:

FAVORITE QUOTES
“....When you say that you “rescued” someone, that statement is about empowering and aggrandizing yourself while disempowering the person you think you rescued. This is because “rescuing” creates an uneven power dynamic where the “rescuer” (read: hero) has all of the power in the relationship and the “rescuee” (read: helpless victim) has no agency or role in the exit of his or her abusive.”

www.facebook.com...

www.facebook.com...

This is also from Bella Robinson...showing she is an associate of Monica Petersen:

INTRO:

Mainstream discussions of the sex industry have mostly revolved around human trafficking.

In this episode we explore why that narrative is misleading and harmful. The interviews featured here were recorded in Nebraska, Rhode Island, Alaska, California, and Illinois.

Guests include Terra Burns (Community United for Safety and Protection), Maxine Doogan (the Erotic Service Providers Legal, Educational and Research Project), Bella Robinson (COYOTE RI), Monica Peterson and Rex Hamaker (University of Denver's Human Trafficking Center)

www.facebook.com...

I haven't listened to this audio yet...but from the introduction...at some point in this 'Episode 26: Fighting the Trafficking Narrative from Alaska to Rhode Island'...Monica Petersen is apparently interviewed.

I add a caution...There may be language and subject matter inappropriate for children.

sexwithstrangersshow.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Monica Petersen Memorial streamed LIVE on FB:
www.facebook.com...

Her boss/professor Claude d'Estree said (beginning 39:30 mark of the stream):

"(She) decided to take on one of the demagogues in the field of human trafficking."

"Produced a 110-page analysis of human trafficking in Haiti - 2 years of research."

"We were looking for someone who was smart enough and maybe brave enough to publish her work"

"I will continue to seek out and publish it for her"

"We are in a state of shock. We may never know what exactly happened to her"

np.reddit.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
THIS is Monica's friend/associate Bella Robinson. She is referenced as quoting Monica Petersen ("Via Monica Petersen") regarding the Clintons in Haiti) imgur.com... :

Local Contact: COYOTE RI
Bella Robinson, Executive Director
[email protected]
coyoteri.org...

From her lengthy and run-on page...Bella is obviously a feminist and interested in sex workers rights.

THIS quote jumps out at me...as it STRONGLY reminds me of Monica's statement (Aug. 15, 2015) that "rescuing" is a "stupid and imperialistic concept".

This suggests to me that Bella and Monica may share some very common opinions...or...it may suggest something else entirely:

FAVORITE QUOTES
“....When you say that you “rescued” someone, that statement is about empowering and aggrandizing yourself while disempowering the person you think you rescued. This is because “rescuing” creates an uneven power dynamic where the “rescuer” (read: hero) has all of the power in the relationship and the “rescuee” (read: helpless victim) has no agency or role in the exit of his or her abusive.”

www.facebook.com...

www.facebook.com...

This is also from Bella Robinson...showing she is an associate of Monica Petersen:

INTRO:

Mainstream discussions of the sex industry have mostly revolved around human trafficking.

In this episode we explore why that narrative is misleading and harmful. The interviews featured here were recorded in Nebraska, Rhode Island, Alaska, California, and Illinois.

Guests include Terra Burns (Community United for Safety and Protection), Maxine Doogan (the Erotic Service Providers Legal, Educational and Research Project), Bella Robinson (COYOTE RI), Monica Peterson and Rex Hamaker (University of Denver's Human Trafficking Center)

www.facebook.com...

I haven't listened to this audio yet...but from the introduction...at some point in this 'Episode 26: Fighting the Trafficking Narrative from Alaska to Rhode Island'...Monica Petersen is apparently interviewed.

I add a caution...There may be language and subject matter inappropriate for children.

sexwithstrangersshow.com...

Oh my gosh...Good find!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join