It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Trafficking Researcher In Haiti Dies Researching Clinton Caracol Complex

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I'm relying on personal speculation, circumstantial evidence and coincidence...which is exactly why I posted this in the conspiracy forum. Nature of the beast.

The burden is on you to present tangible evidence, in order to definitively declare this story to be a hoax.

I have yet to see that from you, my friend,...though I look forward to and will consider it...should you find such evidence.

Keep digging...and thanks for your contributions to this robust conspiracy thread.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
There is definitely something very fishy about this entire story.

Certain aspects of it do spell a hoax, but why therefore has it gained so much traction?

What needs to be considered above all is this: a young lady was apparently researching an extremely sensitive and dangerous subject, and now she is purportedly dead. Although we have no word from a foreign office to tell the American people that one of its citizens has died abroad, neither do we have any word whatsoever from the individual herself. If she had been targeted by local criminals, say just a mugging gone bad, then why have the state and media ignored it? If it is a hoax and she's doing perfectly fine, why has not she come forward?

And so, shall the question remain: WHERE IS MONICA PETERSEN?

edit on 18th November 2016 by VigiliaProcuratio because:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: VigiliaProcuratio

Certain aspects of it do spell a hoax, but why therefore has it gained so much traction?

1) People want to believe it. 2) There is an organized conspiracy to undermine the American political process:

Random source.

The fact that the article is being spammed verbatim across multiple platforms is strong evidence that it is black propaganda. The lack of any information from reliable sources that confirm any of the claims made in this piece is, in itself, evidence that the claim is false. I present everything that is actually, verifiably known about the situation here. This internet meme is similar to the fake news articles that claim every random death was that of someone investigating Clinton.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Note how willingly people believed these stories without making any effort to investigate them... just like the OP, who, incidentally "laundered" the source of some of his content, by linking to a blog rather than a right-wing Russian propaganda site.

If she had been targeted by local criminals, say just a mugging gone bad, then why have the state and media ignored it?

Exactly. No mention in the local press,

If it is a hoax and she's doing perfectly fine, why has not she come forward?

She is definitely dead; it is the circumstances that may have been fabricated, as in the above posts. If the story were true, her colleagues would have come forward by now. We wouldn't need to read about it on Russian propaganda sites.
edit on 18-11-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I'm relying on personal speculation, circumstantial evidence and coincidence...which is exactly why I posted this in the conspiracy forum. Nature of the beast.

In other words, you have done no investigation on your own.

The burden is on you to present tangible evidence, in order to definitively declare this story to be a hoax.

I have pointed out problems in the story and the way it has been propagated. What have you done to prove it is not a hoax?

ETA: Try searching for the text of the alleged tweet from her "friend."

i.sli.mg...

No results. Disinformation artists often use jpegs of alleged documents because, unlike html, they are not readily searchable, and thus difficult to trace.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

It's the issues with trafficking and vanished gold which makes the story credible. I know it's easy to jump on the bandwagon and say "yeah, must've been the Clintons", but it does stand to chance that Monica's work would have been extremely concerning to them. What with the Pizzagate situation as well, I'm certainly inclined to be extremely suspicious about the circumstances.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

AWESOME 'twofer'...you managed to leverage two Alt-Left memes in one post: 'It's The Russians' and 'Ban Fake News'.
Bonus time!

Again, see above:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I have two comments. When I first saw this thread and looked at the reddit links I immediately looked up Haitian news websites and didn't find anything about Monica but as I was looking at the few websites my thought was news coming from Haiti is not nearly as fecund as the U.S. It's a whole different world in Haiti and I would estimate much news is never reported, especially deaths. And what of a death of a U.S. citizen who's not well-known? Would it even be reported in their news?

My other comment is I'm not as sure as you are her colleagues would have come forward by now. Not everything is posted to the internet and found on Google. The internet is not a complete mirrored replica of the whole world and everything happening. I know a lot of younger people have been trained to believe it is but I wouldn't ascribe that to you. You're too smart. Perhaps I misunderstood your comment: "If the story were true, her colleagues would have come forward by now."

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

"If the story were true, her colleagues would have come forward by now."

When an NGO worker gets killed that NGO usually issues a statement. Even if she were acting unofficially, her friends and colleagues would not just post a couple of tweets, they would demand an investigation. It has been long enough that the Haitian press would be running stories about the inquiry. All of the information posted in the OP is unverifiable.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

When an NGO worker gets killed that NGO usually issues a statement.

She was there to start an NGO.

Can't copy the text from the facebook post, but here's a facebook link.

Here the issue of it being Clinton related is addressed:

Note that the HTC says to ignore it but in does not not deny or refute the idea.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I think it's too soon for it to be known for sure. Monica's family is under no obligation to set the record straight or confirm/deny anything publicly. When there's a suspicious or mysterious death many details are held back because of an investigation and no one owes the Internet any information.

There's probably people looking into it and they're surely not going to post anything publicly. I'm going to wait.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Note that the HTC says to ignore it but in does not not deny or refute the idea.

They make it clear that they consider the theories crazy. That should be the end of the discussion, but it won't be.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

AWESOME 'twofer'...you managed to leverage two Alt-Left memes in one post: 'It's The Russians' and 'Ban Fake News'.
Bonus time!

Again, see above:

Let's walk through this, shall we? As far as I can tell, all the claims that Ms. Petersen was investigating the Clinton Foundation and the claims that she was murdered can be traced to a single source: rutkdn on Reddit. Here is where he first hatched the story:

www.reddit.com...

Note that he has since removed it. Initially, he tried to tie it to "pizzagate," a ridiculous 4chan hoax. In the polished version he has downplayed "pizzagate" and tied it to claims that the Clinton Foundation was backing a Haitian presidential candidate in order to get mining concessions, which is at least plausible.

In the revised post, he says:

Earlier this year a FB friend of Monica re-shared a post by Monica where Monica linked to a blog post critical of Hillary Clinton's dealings in Haiti!! SHE WAS ONTO SOMETHING, very likely between now and then she found out about #PIZZAGATE! The linked post was: thehaitianblogger.blogspot.com...

Thing is... The Haitian blogger is not Petersen! It's Chantal Laurent. Laurent does not even appear to be friends with Petersen on Facebook, nor has she mentioned Petersen's death on her blog. Odd, wouldn't you say?

Now, where did this article claiming that the Clintons were manipulating the Haitian elections come from?

New Eastern Outlook, the "Eurasianist" propaganda site located here:

(There's your "made up" Russian connection.) You can read more about the Eurasianist agenda here.

rutkdn then says:

Search FB for Monica Petersen Haiti. This is a compilation of screenshots where I edited out other people's names but they can still be found via FB search:
imgur.com...
See the comments - family and friends are not getting the details!
On August 2015 Monica posted on Facebook a post asking for info on sex trafficking in Haiti because she was heading there to help/investigate! Also shown in the screenshot.

Of course there is no point to actually searching Facebook as we will soon see. He posts alleged tweets from her friends, but:

What's more, there is a lengthy post that paraphrases the claims made on NEO, but implying that it was a first person observation. It is significant that these posts are presented as jpegs, as I pointed out earlier. It makes them harder to verify. Speaking of verify, rutkdn suddenly decides to post links that confirm that Petersen is a real person. One is a record of her testifying before Congress, the other is an article discussing human trafficking across the Mexican border, Why did he feel the need to prove that she really existed?

Now if you try to search Facebook for her, this is what you get:

www.facebook.com...

The same bogus story eposted so many times it is now impossible to research anything without interference. That is how disinformation works in the internet age: swamp the web with your story and drown out the truth.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

So what you are saying is the Clinton's had her murdered.. right?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

They make it clear that they consider the theories crazy. That should be the end of the discussion, but it won't be.

People just enjoy this "inane conspiracy garbage" too much. The buzz of pretending you're an investigative journalist from a third rate airport thriller is hard to give up.

A real investigative journalist would have treated the entire thing with an massive dose of scepticism and made every effort to falsify it. If that didn't happen, then they would start to look into it in more detail. In this case they would have falsified it in 5 mins - a couple of phone calls to the right people would have done it (not to mention that the original tweet was an obvious fake)

Instead people "research" and "investigate" using nothing but Google, turning up the same re-cycled crap that the hoaxer has left all over the web. They think they are going "deeper into the rabbit hole", but really they're just sinking further into the cesspit of hoaxes and fake news.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

And

a reply to: FatherLukeDuke

Note that the person who requested a statement and was told to, "ignore them," replies with, "Ignoring crazy doesn't make it go away. Arguing won't work. But a clear, honest statement of fact.

Love and honesty in one simple statement."

This is someone who supports the notion that a Clinton connection is crazy asking for a clear statement on that.

She is most definitely not alt-right.

One of the people who is a close friend of hers and was planning on making a trip down there has since deleted that post and changed their profile name and photo. They haven't deactivated their account but they do seem to be drawing back on thier activity.

And it's a legit account too. Has one of Monica's family members as a friend, I'm thinking sister.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

When an NGO worker gets killed that NGO usually issues a statement.

She was there to start an NGO.

Can't copy the text from the facebook post, but here's a facebook link.

Here the issue of it being Clinton related is addressed:

You know, I've been thinking about this. They did not make a statement to clear it up, like "Monica Petersen was not investigating Hillary Clinton." Just "ignore them" and their "craziness." Why not just issue a statement saying, for a fact, she was definitely not investigating Clinton? It's strange, IMO.

I'm reminded of some friends who suspected their husbands were cheating on them. One friend had been confronted by the girl he cheated on her with and when she accused him of cheating he said she was crazy. He didn't know the girl. Ignore the facebook post. Not once did he actually deny and say he wasn't cheating on her.

To me, that's very telling.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TheFlyOnTheWall

Yes, more and more it's beginning to look like people in our governments throughout the world are involved in a massive child slavery pedo ring.

Yes! Unfortunately who do you have involved. That would be Children's welfare organizations, religious institutions, charities of many kinds. People do not want to suspect the kind and giving charities of being the boogie man!

I think we all know a girl strong enough to take on this kind of work would not kill herself!
I think most of the people in top positions around the world are involved now having be placed in power. Control of our ports has been placed in the proper hands. I would not rule Trump out of the group by any means.

Charities, foundations, religion all have an invulnerability they can hide things more easily and they will have many people especially those who have genuine concern and have donated backing them. Besides the dirty unscrupulous people who have donated for other reasons.

They have the power to hide in plain sight, but it seems to me they have become cocky over the years and have made some friends who are too daring and not as secretive as they actually need be for what they do. They feel secure or they have, maybe that is changing!?

Laughing at their victims and calling it art, having parties that if viewed by the public would end them all but fear and removal is their control mechanism.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'm sure Monica's friends, family and work-mates do not wish her death and funeral to become a media circus...Hence, offering the advice to ignore these stories.

Also...the first rule of covertly investigating rich, powerful and deadly child traffickers...is to not speak of covertly investigating rich, powerful and deadly child traffickers.
edit on 18-11-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: IAMTAT
FBIanon:

Q: I should keep looking into USAID shouldn't I...
Should I look into the shipping containers for the children
A: Are you afraid of what you will find?

[2]

Do any of the companies involved have their own shipping operations?

If you think to include everyone there is really to much to look at.

the two political dynasties have maintained a surprisingly close relationship. In a 2014, George W. Bush called Bill Clinton his “brother from another mother” on Instagram, in response to a tweet from Mr. Clinton about Mr. Bush’s latest book.

observer.com...

Hillary Clinton and Jeb Bush also shared many of the same wealthy donors—more than 60 of whom contributed to both campaigns, according to The Daily Beast. Given Ms. Clinton’s lead in the Democratic Primaries, she may revert back to her friendship with the Bush family and embrace past stances that are more in line with moderate liberalism and conservatism.

If this is accurate think of the possibilities, I would certainly look at the charities and religions close to these Families, plus places they hold land as we have seen in Arkansas.

Moreover, the land deal was consummated in a dinner meeting between Bush's daughter Jenna and Paraguayan President Nicanor Duarte.
Although Jenna, who was in Paraguay under the cover of a 10-day UNICEF trip to visit child welfare projects, put the Bush family seal of approval on the land deal, the actual legal papers were worked out by Bush family lawyers and business representatives. Jenna Bush is supposedly working for UNICEF in Panama City.
The Bush land is close to a new U.S. military installation, the Mariscal Estigarribia Air Base.
It is also nearby a huge tract of land purchased by Sun Myung Moon that sits astride Latin America's largest water aquifer, the Guarani aquifer.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

These people

The Clinton Bush Haiti Fund was a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization

Board of directors[edit]
In March 5, 2010, a six-member board with two co-chairs, and a CEO, were announced:
Co-chair Laura Graham, a former Clinton administration official and Chief Operating Officer for the Clinton Foundation.
Co-chair Joshua Bolten, former White House Chief of Staff to President Bush and currently a visiting professor at Princeton University’s Woodrow Wilson School.
Bruce Lindsey, a former Clinton administration official and currently Chief Executive Officer of the Clinton Foundation.
Bill Frist, former US Senate Majority Leader (R-TN) and currently teaching, business and non-profit activities.
Henrietta Fore, former Administrator of the US Agency for International Development under President Bush and currently chairman and CEO of Holsman International, an investment and management company.
Alexis Herman, former Secretary of Labor during President Clinton’s administration and currently chief executive officer of New Ventures, LLC.
Gary Edson, who served as Deputy National Security Adviser in President Bush’s administration, served as the Chief Executive Officer of the CBHF.[5]

CIA Fact book Data - Paraguay

The unruly region at convergence of Argentina-Brazil-Paraguay borders is,
locus of money laundering, smuggling, arms and illegal narcotics trafficking, and fundraising for extremist organizations major illicit producer of cannabis, most or all of which is consumed in Brazil, Argentina, and Chile
transshipment country for Andean coc aine headed for Brazil, other Southern Cone markets, and Europe
corruption and some money-laundering activity, especially in the Tri-Border Area; weak anti-money-laundering laws and enforcement

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 18-11-2016 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

"Alt. right" and "faux news site" are contrived/loaded buzz terms. Anyone who uses these terms to describe certain material casts suspicion upon themselves, in my view. The terms were not birthed from a sense/foundation of integrity or neutrality.

Just my two copper pennies.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join