It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Trooper catches USO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This is a USO, as in Unidentified Speeding Object. Turns out a 19 year old Oklahoma City man was out testing his excessively modified 2011 Ford Mustang GT when he decided to out-speed an Oklahoma trooper. The LEO estimated Hector Fraire going from 84 MPH all the way to 208 MPH before outrunning them. It was only later a Canadian Trooper was able to pull the rampaging youth over at a traffic light.

According to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol, Fraire’s heavily modified 2011 Ford Mustang was then clocked doing 176 mph and 208 mph, and he tried to elude the chase vehicle by turning off his headlights and brake lights.

I am still dubious on the actual top speed the LEO reported Fraire going at in the car, since a 2011 Mustang would need gobs and gobs of HP to even get close to that purported top speed. Maybe the ATS car experts on here can expound on those possibilities.

Oklahoma speeder caught speeding at 208 mph
edit on 16-11-2016 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
There is nothing difficult about making a Mustang break 200 mph. It is a simple matter of cost.

Too be honest, you can get a tremendous amount of top speed performance gains out of most NA 'muscle cars' with some well thought out aerodynamic and transmission modifications. Specifically the underbody.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

really... are you just saying that or do you even know what you are talking about...

the 918 spyder and the P1 which both use hybrid twin turbos and electric motors cant top 220mph. and these machines have carbon fibre chassis, tires and active aero to help them attain such speed.
in retrospec a formula f1 car tops at 233 mph.

so no that guy could not possibly had been driving at 200mph + or 170...
so those ''cops' have some explaining and proving to do.
i hope that guy shows up to court and have those cop take his car on any air field and make them prove he was clocked at 208mph... unreal.

or if somehow the worst mustang built was able to be tuned to reach and drive at over 200mph, that 19 year old deserves a medal.
and i want to see the dyno graphs too.
edit on 16-11-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

the standard ford 2011 Mustang GT was rated at 412hp, in 2015 ford offered a Mustang with 750 HP. that's the same horsepower of a nascar sprint car engine. they have a 2017 model coming out with a 300hp v6.

plus the kid could have added any number of after market parts to make his car fly. 208mph is not unthinkable.

5.0 ON THE DYNO Ford says the 2011 Mustang 5.0 makes 412 horsepower at 6500 rpm and 390 pound-feet of torque at 4250 rpm. To check that number, we took the new 5.0 to our dyno shop of record, the research and development department at K&N Air Filters in Riverside, California. After examining the power peaks, K&N’s techs suggested we use the fourth gear pulls for the 5.0-liter. Here’s what we think is the most correct output figure for the new Mustang V-8: 2011 Mustang 5.0 (4th gear pull, 15% powertrain loss) Claimed horsepower: 412 hp @ 6500 rpm Claimed torque: 390 lb-ft @ 4250 rpm Actual horsepower: 435 hp 6500 rpm Actual torque: 404 lb-ft @ 4400 rpm

First Test: 2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium

edit on 16-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
A simple Youtube search and.....

200mph + in 3.9 seconds abouts.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
There is no way he was topping 200mph. Well at least I'll say very unlikely. I'd have to see the specs, I mean we are talking a lot of money that a typical 19 year old doesn't have.

Now I will say...I had a 1982 Mercury Capri RS with a 4 barrel and I had it topped out around 140. It's estimated as my speedometer only went to 85 but I passed the guy who at the time was doing 125mph. So 175mph would be reasonable for that Mustang.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Can someone explain to me how an Oklahoma state trooper clocks the guy and he get's pulled over by a Canadian Trooper?

Doesn't pass the sniff test for me!

Smells sour!

Edit:
Whats more troubling is the debate about the car's ability vs the facts of the story! Last time I checked there was a couple of state's between Canada and Oklahoma City.
edit on 16-11-2016 by Floridagoat because: edit to add:

edit on 16-11-2016 by Floridagoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

yea on a drag strip for a grag car designed to drive no more than a few minutes at which the top speed can be sustained for mere seconds along with special tires.

driving at 200+ mph on a road is questionable, possibly not possible. the koenigsegg regera can top at 220+ drivable at possibly no more than 180mph and thats a 2 million dollar car and years of engineering R&D. i want to see proof of that kid breaking 180 in whatever tuned mustang he was driving.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
That's a looong high speed chase..............phew

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
maybe the Canadian trooper said "208 KILOMETERS per hour"

edit on 16/11/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the 'Canadian' they are referring to is Canadian County, Oklahoma. Not Canadians from Canada.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

Could be done with a modified 2011 mustang. Also if at a downslope could be his top clock overall was 208 on a downslope after he was topped out almost.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
NASCAR's are normally aspirated and are built to exact specifications and they top out over 200 mph. A 2011 Ford Mustang with enough money poured into the engine could technically achieve 208 MPH other factors are involved though such as weight, aerodynamics, air/fuel mixture, elevation, etc.

It's definitely achievable, but would you really want to be going 208 MPH in a street car on a public road? I know I wouldn't, unless I had a bucket under the seat to use the bathroom in.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Floridagoat

Canadian County, Oklahoma, not Canada the country.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Floridagoat
Can someone explain to me how an Oklahoma state trooper clocks the guy and he get's pulled over by a Canadian Trooper?

Doesn't pass the sniff test for me!

Smells sour!

Edit:
Whats more troubling is the debate about the car's ability vs the facts of the story! Last time I checked there was a couple of state's between Canada and Oklahoma City.

Canada, Oklahoma.

It is possible to get a 2011 5.0 Mustang up to 208mph. It would take a lot of engine mods, and a low ratio rear end.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
It is possible to get a 2011 5.0 Mustang up to 208mph. It would take a lot of engine mods, and a low ratio rear end.

You would be amazed at how much you get from a proper under tray and taking the governor off coupled with a better tranny gearing and that low ratio rear end.

When you are chasing top speed, reducing friction can end up being a lot cheaper than improving power.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Roxxo
a reply to: Floridagoat

Canadian County, Oklahoma, not Canada the country.

Yeah i'm just so disturbed at myself for mistaken the lack of details in the OP /sarc

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Canadian County like two other's posted before you, no such place as Canada,Ok.

edit on 16-11-2016 by Floridagoat because: edit to add:

edit on 16-11-2016 by Floridagoat because: spelling

edit on 16-11-2016 by Floridagoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
There is no way he was topping 200mph. Well at least I'll say very unlikely. I'd have to see the specs, I mean we are talking a lot of money that a typical 19 year old doesn't have.

Hellion sells kits that will get a Mustang GT over 1000 rwhp for under $10,000. Everything else stock and it wouldn't last very long, but it isn't really expensive to get a ton of power out of most Ford V8's.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
I'm pretty sure the 'Canadian' they are referring to is Canadian County, Oklahoma. Not Canadians from Canada.

Wait just a minute! You mean to say there are more of us Canadians not living in Canada that can claim to be Canadian!? Mind. Blown.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join