It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pence purges lobbyists from transition team

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I'm impressed. This is the main reason I supported Bernie "to get big money out of politics." Very excited to see this.

Very excited

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Funny, Trump claimed to be the best manager ever and said he couldn't get rid of them because they've always been in DC. Then all the sudden Pence purges them? So much for Donald's so called management! And here is exactly what I fear a Trump presidency will look like, a Mike Pence presidency. You know, like Bush and Cheney. Trump is Bush 2.0.

That said, I think this is all BS and game because the Trump team knows it has to cater to its base and it's base wants big donors out of the game. Probably the one thing they and I agree with.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
Shhhh, " The Donald " is kicking that bureaucratic, insider, establishment ass.

Buck

Best. Speech. Ever.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Funny, Trump claimed to be the best manager ever and said he couldn't get rid of them because they've always been in DC. Then all the sudden Pence purges them? So much for Donald's so called management! And here is exactly what I fear a Trump presidency will look like, a Mike Pence presidency. You know, like Bush and Cheney. Trump is Bush 2.0.

That said, I think this is all BS and game because the Trump team knows it has to cater to its base and it's base wants big donors out of the game. Probably the one thing they and I agree with.

It's called "delegating".

In other words, "Make it so, number 1"

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I think that when Trump saw the team that Christie put together it contributed to his decision to remove Christie from that job.

Could be that, or it could be that Christie was struck down in a bit of "familial revenge" for Christie embarrassingly putting Jared Kushner's father behind bars. Trump is notorious for holding grudges, and his son-in-law Jared Kushner is the one who took Christie's place. Such a replacement kinda sends a message on a personal level.
edit on 11/16/16 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
Shhhh, " The Donald " is kicking that bureaucratic, insider, establishment ass.

Buck

That was a fabulous speech and one that will be remembered for generations.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Wouldn't it be great if he got Ron Paul in there somewhere ?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

As long as the flutter-brained Sarah Palin remains in Alaska and is not made Secy of Interior.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
Can't believe he's bending to liberals. So I guess that's it then.

Caving to liberals? He's keeping a campaign promise to his own constituents to reduce lobbyist influence.

No KKK.

That's a joke, right?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gumerk
I'm impressed. This is the main reason I supported Bernie "to get big money out of politics." Very excited to see this.

Very excited

Agreed. This is a good move by Trump.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I have to respect this move by Trump/Pence.

I'm sure most of us can agree that lobbyists need to go.

I hate to be the one in disagreement, but lobbyists are neither good nor bad. A lobbyist's job is simply to get meetings/appointments with officials (or their staff) so that they can relay the public's ideas to the officials. Unless you know those politicians personally or you run into one in public, going through a lobbyist will probably be the most successful way to get specific ideas to people in powerful positions.

This is true for trade groups, labor unions, gun advocacy groups, and much more. In fact, many of the lobbyists' clients may help draft bills or amendments to existing bills, which the lobbyist will give to the official for consideration. It's kind of like handing in a rough draft & hoping the official agrees with your points enough to fight for your cause. You can probably figure out why it would be helpful to hire former officials and/or their colleagues in order to be more successful at this.

Can lobbyists be corrupt? Of course. But so can any other human. In fact, I'm convinced that they've only been demonized in public so that citizens never get the idea to hire lobbyists themselves. In fact, one of my common complaints against protesters and celebrity "activists" is that if they want to make real changes, they need to found a non-profit or PAC, draft some bills that pertain to their cause, hire some lobbyists, and then push those bills through their local or State govt. That's exactly what oil companies and other groups do to get the laws they want.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Don't forget how Obama chose his cabinet and support staff.

Citibank chose for him based primarily on identity politics over qualifications and merit.

WikiLeaks emails shows Citigroup’s major role in shaping Obama administration’s cabinet

Among the many revelations from the #PodestaEmails are passages showing that even before President Obama was elected, the staffing for leading cabinet positions had more or less been decided by a group led by an Citigroup exec.

The revelation came from a hack of the email account of John Podesta, a chair of Obama’s 2008 Transition Team. They show that Obama gave executives of Citigroup an “outsized role in shaping and staffing his first term.”

In an email dated from October 18, 2008, Michael Froman, who is now the US trade representative, used his official Citigroup email address of [email protected], to send the following email to Obama advisers:

“Attached is the latest version of the Agency Review teams. It is a closely held document, so please treat it with the same sensitivity as ours. If you all could take a quick look at the lists for the agencies in your area, that would be helpful. I think the hope is that, while there are no guarantees, some of the people on these lists make their way into the agencies ultimately. Our role, therefore, is to check whether there is much overlap between the names here and the names were seeing/generating for sub-cabinet positions in each agency….”

edit on 16-11-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Rudy and Bolton Will be the Next ones Off the List . Bolton is a Neo Con , and Rudy took Money from Foreign Nationals although there is nothing wrong with that as a Consultant , the Left will make it Hard for Trump to consider him in his New Administration .

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

I think that when Trump saw the team that Christie put together it contributed to his decision to remove Christie from that job.

Could be that, or it could be that Christie was struck down in a bit of "familial revenge" for Christie embarrassingly putting Jared Kushner's father behind bars. Trump is notorious for holding grudges, and his son-in-law Jared Kushner is the one who took Christie's place. Such a replacement kinda sends a message on a personal level.

That theory is only coming from the MSM who hate Trump.
They have lost their credibility.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I have to say, I admire Trump's ability to course correct so quickly. It's a good sign.

Based on his behavior during the campaign, one would think his only strategy was to double down on stupid.

Yet another sign that President Trump is not the same guy as Candidate Trump.

edit on 16-11-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Oy vey, non-stop fear mongering conjecture. Please stop Swills, I can only take so much!

It's called delegating, something all managers do.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Agreed

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I just saw this Donald Trump supporters are angry with Pepsi -- over something that never happened.

The President-Elect's supporters are threatening to boycott Pepsi (PEP) over fabricated statements circulating on social media. Twitter users, many citing debunked news articles, claim PepsiCo (PEP) CEO Indra Nooyi told Trump fans to "take their business elsewhere."

Sites designed to trick people, including Truthfeed and Gateway Pundit, published the fake quote while encouraging readers to stop buying Pepsi's products. Gateway Pundit also incorrectly claimed PepsiCo's stock plunged 5% because of the comment that Nooyi never actually made.
money.cnn.com...

Then I remembered reading this

But his [Donald Trump] transition team includes lobbyists who represent powerful corporate interests, according to an organization chart obtained by POLITICO and lobby disclosure filings:

J. Steven Hart, chairman of Williams & Jensen, is in charge of the Labor team. His clients include Visa, the American Council of Life Insurers, Anthem, Cheniere Energy, Coca-Cola, General Electric, PhRMA and United Airlines.
www.politico.com...

My conspiracy "Spidey senses" are at it again.

I'm glad Mike Pence did some purging.

edit on 16-11-2016 by windword because: fixed links

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

It might be worth a shot

You can apply here:
www.greatagain.gov...

I saw his show, I would get fired before I got hired.

On top of that, I doubt if that is actually a real trump site. Once they get your name and phone number the sales calls will come in. It may be a great opportunity for telemarketers. I googled the address.

edit on 16-11-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

That theory is only coming from the MSM who hate Trump.
They have lost their credibility.

No, it's not a theory that Christie put Kushner's dad in jail. It's well documented.

Source
In the summer of 2004 Kushner was fined $508,900 by the Federal Election Commission for mishandling of campaign contributions.[9] In 2005, following an investigation by the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of New Jersey,[10] Kushner was convicted of making illegal campaign contributions, tax evasion and witness tampering.[11] The U.S. Attorney for the District of New Jersey, Chris Christie, negotiated a plea agreement and Kushner was sentenced to two years in prison and released after one year.[12][13][14][15] As a result of his convictions, Kushner was suspended and disbarred from the practice of law in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania.[7][16][17][18] Kushner was sentenced to two years in federal prison in Montgomery, Ala., after pleading guilty to 18 felony counts of filing false tax returns, making illegal campaign donations and one count of retaliating against a witness. Kushner was angry at his sister’s husband for cooperating with the federal government in its investigation of him, so he hired a prostitute to seduce his brother-in-law, videotaped the liaison and sent the tape to his sister. Kushner was released on March 31, 2006.
edit on 11/16/16 by redmage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join