It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Engel on NBC implies that US Generals may defy Trump.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

There is nothing illegal or immoral about deporting non-citizens.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
trump hasnt even been sworn in yet and people are alrdy jumping to conclusion, military not following orders, generals not following orders, trump starting nuclear war, trump taking lgbt right away.. on and on...

my god people... give it a rest

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

What is it exactly that the generals are allegedly not wanting to do?

People are STILL out there making stuff up. Its fascinating, hysterical and a bit concerning to me.

Agreed. This is more sensationalism. The military is behind Trump more than Obama by leaps and bounds. Trump is also looking to increase their pay.

I have to repeat this: Anyone who is TOLD what to write, then writes it, is NOT a journalist. It doesn't matter what your credentials are, this is a fact.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Good maybe we can stop fighting wars for oil...

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.
a reply to: eluryh22

I agree, because I've seen many a troop holding up signs IN SUPPORT OF TRUMP. Some of those troops are in my own family.

Troops and generals are very different things. It's the difference between a child and an adult.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

after the famous "I know more than the generals do - TRUST ME" comment.

I would think there are a few a bit peeved and leery. imo. maybe not enlisted, but surely the officers.. just my guess.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

He seems a little unhinged and backtracks a bit but may be implying that the military may not follow Trump's orders, at-least not in the context of deporting millions of illegals.

Since when does the military deport illegals?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: odzeandennz

Yes. That's what I'm getting at. Only an idiot thinks that Obama was bad for the military or that Hillary would have been bad for the military. Both of them are conservative war hawks when it comes to foreign intervention. How many wars did Obama start, disregarding the ones that he carried over from Bush? The statistic that military spending rivals all other US government spending or that US military spending rivals the next 10 countries came about during Obama's Presidency.

If there is any sector in the American psyche that doesn't have a right to complain about bad times its military personnel. Pretty much since the end of WWII the military has been sitting pretty thanks to both sides of the partisan aisle. And it is pure partisan politics to claim otherwise.

Sitting pretty?? Pure partisan politics?! Is that so... I take it youre not in the mil and dont know anyone who is and have no family who is. My husband is sitting with scars from his neck to his groin.. he's not the man he was.... he is also at WORK and WORKS even though broken with metal in his body from American supplied ammunition and weapons to the hands of the enemy from a POS administration under bush1,2, and Obama. NO ONE in the mil has been sitting pretty that I know personally since 1994. People better be damned thankful this BS has a chance to end..

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Why yes I am a veteran. I served in the Army from 2003 - 2006 and was even deployed in Iraq. When I say the military is sitting pretty. I mean it. Sure Veteran's Affairs is a disaster, but those are ex-military. Active duty has more money than it needs.
Pentagon Tells Congress to Stop Buying Equipment it Doesn't Need
The United States spends more on defense than the next seven countries combined - This link is at the end of Obama's Presidency, 2 years earlier it was bigger than the next 10 countries combined.
edit on 16-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Why yes I am a veteran. I served in the Army from 2003 - 2006 and was even deployed in Iraq. When I say the military is sitting pretty. I mean it. Sure Veteran's Affairs is a disaster, but those are ex-military. Active duty has more money than it needs.

Then you know the military is THE SOLDIERS.. not the pencil pushers. People should really comprehend that difference. The do nothings with nice titles are bloated with HUGE budgets. Theyre politicians who play soldier.. until its time to get their hands dirty. I know active duty young men who cant afford to take care of their families. Low pay... and they arent sitting pretty.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Sitting pretty isnt having to weld scrap metal to your humvee to slow a bullet down a little or give you a better changce of surviving an IED... because the money never trickles down to the field and our equipment is crap.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

Then you know the military is THE SOLDIERS.. not the pencil pushers. People should really comprehend that difference. The do nothings with nice titles are bloated with HUGE budgets. Theyre politicians who play soldier.. until its time to get their hands dirty. I know active duty young men who cant afford to take care of their families. Low pay... and they arent sitting pretty.

No one joins the military for the pay and no President, even Trump, is going to change the payscale.
edit on 16-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Not sure what this cat is getting at, we have always have the legal and moral obligation to refuse an illegal order, nothing has changed with Trump getting into office.

Nuremberg proved just following orders wont keep your neck out of a noose.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
Sitting pretty isnt having to weld scrap metal to your humvee to slow a bullet down a little or give you a better changce of surviving an IED... because the money never trickles down to the field and our equipment is crap.

Well that is an issue with military bureaucracy is it not?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
lol.

If the Generals don't like you, but the soldiers do, you're probably on the right track.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
doublepost.
edit on -060003pm11kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
FOx mews claimed the same bs when obama was in charge, and guess what nothing changed.

Actually it's now known as "Fox Snooze"

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

after the famous "I know more than the generals do - TRUST ME" comment.

I would think there are a few a bit peeved and leery. imo. maybe not enlisted, but surely the officers.. just my guess.

Perhaps. But there were many "whitehats" in high military positions that were very much against Hillary.

IMO, Trump's military position has more to do with actually defeating ISIS than the Obama/Hillary strategy of "let's poke around until we can oust Assad" strategy.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Hyperbole from the left? say it ain't so.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Those generals have nothing to worry about, because trump won`t be issuing any illegal or immoral orders, this is a non issue.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join