It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clueless Gamer: "Final Fantasy XV" With Elijah Wood - CONAN on TBS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

A fairly brutally honest review of FFXV.

If you like Final Fantasy, Conan, Elija Woods or any combination of its worth a watch. I had honestly expected them to praise the game some what, not just totally crap on it.

72 real time hours in a row to defeat a boss

"Last time I beat on a worm for 72 hrs I was in College"

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

That was hilarious. It is the laugh of the day.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
That was well worth my time. Great post.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Well at least the game is coming out soon, finally after 9 or whatever years in the making. Definitely wont be spending 72 hours to beat a boss though, adamantoise is usually an optional boss, and probably not even the only optional one, or the toughest. The game looks good, the whole boy band thing threw me off the vibe 5 years ago when the game was still in production.

However, looks pretty cool as time progressed.

Will try to beat it, if I actually play and beat the game, it will be something, last time I bothered playing a game full through was Dark Souls 2, still have not beat Witcher 3 and at least 5 dozen other games. Generally after a time it just gets boring. I keep telling myself I will go back and beat them, hasn't happened yet.

But maybe one day it will, it has happened before.

Though in all its still longer then the 3 minutes I ever watched of Conan Obrian, even this vid I skimmed.

And hey! There's Frodo!

Though despite the whole boys band vibe, I have high hopes for this latest iteration of Final Fantasy.
edit on 1amFridayam182016f5amFri, 18 Nov 2016 01:12:11 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: spelling

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
This 72 hours things, bothered me. Seems really really ridiculous. And it is.

Seems the actual time is more along the lines of 15 hours to beat Adamantoise, and 15 hours is still up there. If its just a battle of attrition whittling HP points away, don't much see the point in it, it would be boring, and like hitting a rhino with a foam bat....Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Nope, just 2,155,102 hits to go.

But they got to keep it interesting somehow, maybe there are stages to this boss fight, seems from the demos and vids like the battle with Titan it takes a bunch of stages of fighting him, and different ways you can attack and that you got to do in the over all battle, hopefully its not just run around and try not to get hit for 15 hours straight while you wittle away HP ever so slowly.

From this site Link

Superbosses have been in Final Fantasy for a long time such as the Emerald and Ruby Weapons in Final Fantasy VII, Ozma in Final Fantasy IX, and the Dark Aeons in Final Fantasy X to name a few. The difference about this super boss is it will take you 15 actual hours to defeat him.

Why is this? Well in an interview the director Hajime Tabata revealed the Day and Night cycles: for every 30 minutes, a full in-game day passes. This giant Adamantoise? It was revealed he will take 30 in-game days to defeat which equates to 15 real time hours. It must be a battle of attrition.

Dont know were the 72 hours came from? They must have read the quote from the game director somewhere online that the boss would take 30 days to beat, and did that math. 30x24=720. Then they were like....? Cant be heard the game is at most 300 hours long. So remove a zero, 72! Oh ya sounds more reasonable.

Who would be even crazy to try that. Who in this world even has that kind of time on there hands? Its redonculous.

Or who knows, but seeing the game has day and night cycle equal to 30 in real world minutes, 15 hours seems more realistic, and even that way to much of a grind. I suppose we will see.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Just picked up this game, installed and starting it right now!

new topics

top topics

join