It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2Pac Changes still the most real song 24 years later.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Recorded in 1992 released posthumously on his album Greatest Hits. The lyrics still apply to real events today including the middle east and the war on drugs. Changes are coming soon my friends. Someday somehow things will change. That's just the way it is. ENJOY!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
Recorded in 1992 released posthumously on his album Greatest Hits. The lyrics still apply to real events today including the middle east and the war on drugs. Changes are coming soon my friends. Someday somehow things will change. That's just the way it is. ENJOY!!!

Makes my day! Tupac was a great soul and unfortunately got himself caught up with the wrong people (Suge Knight). If her were alive today I do believe he would either be a human rights activist or in politics.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

Same use racist use of N word, gun playing rap, pimp talk.. It's missing domestic violence and womanizing rap that today is prevalent.

Although there is some nice tones, and R+B going on and an inspirational message at the end. 2 thumbs down...

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Same use racist use of N word, gun playing rap, pimp talk.. It's missing domestic violence and womanizing rap that today is prevalent.

Although there is some nice tones, and R+B going on and an inspirational message at the end. 2 thumbs down...

He has to put in a certain level of of the N word and guns etc... or else TPTB wouldn't let him release his music to the masses. They only wanted him to release music to brainwash the youth. This is why this song was not released until 1998 after his death. They would never have let him release this when he was alive. You think Suge Knight and death row didnt have powerful handlers. Suge Knight was just a pawn that followed orders and pretended to be the king.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Can you agree that my opinion is based in fact?

Star+flag

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

On a certain level yeah. But like I said he had to make his music this way or TPTB would have never let it get as big as it is.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Is that a fact you can post, or a feeling?

But like I said he had to make his music this way or TPTB would have never let it get as big as it is.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'd love to back to when we played as kids, but things change.. and that's the way it is.

LOVE Tupac. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

My favorite Pac song..

JT

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

But like I said he had to make his music this way or TPTB would have never let it get as big as it is.

Well its mostly a feeling, but if you listen to rappers that actually lived to old age most of them will tell you how it really is. Look at DMX and his interviews for example. The real reason he fell from fame is he refused to sell his soul even though the devil (TPTB) propositioned him many times. In the music and movie industry today you sell your soul for fame and wealth or you never make it big.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Or you look at who makes up the majority of the market that buys it then ask why they might want to spend their pennies seeing the decline of a race played out as entertainment.

There is no hidden hand guiding the music industry, there's companies that have shareholders and A&Rs that understand nothing except graphs and formulas or how to copy what was successful before them, they sell what people want to buy and what the masses want is mindless.

Nobody wanted to buy DMX's soul. He was hugely successful and did everything on his own terms, having a crack habit as a pastime makes rich people not want to invest in you, it's that simple.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Great song--one of my absolute favorite rappers.

One of my faves from him:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

Well its mostly a feeling, but if you listen to rappers that actually lived to old age most of them will tell you how it really is. Look at DMX and his interviews for example. The real reason he fell from fame is he refused to sell his soul even though the devil (TPTB) propositioned him many times. In the music and movie industry today you sell your soul for fame and wealth or you never make it big.

DMX had/has a nasty drug habit. He is absolutely one of the best in the game, but his demons are what extinguished his star. Music and entertainment are businesses. The investors that front the money don't like seeing it get smoked away by the artists. Some talent simply does not have the discipline to get to the next level despite being immensely talented.

On the other hand, some mediocre artists can rise to the top because they are far more disciplined. You'd be surprised at how far showing up on time, being pleasant, and simply working hard while staying out of trouble can take you in life.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This is more relevant now than when it was written.

Also this one

edit on 16-11-2016 by Black_Fox because: AdD

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
2Pac had a lot to say in his life time, good and bad but he was good at it.
I like this mix

As he said, only god can judge him

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
best thing about tupac is the movie juice

and biggie for life

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
best thing about tupac is the movie juice

and biggie for life

new topics