It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tech CEO who vowed to murder Donald Trump with a sniper rifle forced to resign

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Weapons grade stupid... literally LOL

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Well if that isn't going out full retard, then what is? LOL

Trump will have him locked up indefinitely!

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
The Secret Service needs to start locking up these bastards. Make an example. Make several examples and soon. End this bullsh$t right now. I don't care what you think of our President elect, assassination threats are criminal. CEO? What a moron.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Yes, because the first amendment means nothing, right?

Jesus Christ, i swear, some of you are dimmer than a black hole..

Clearly, some of you have never heard of precedent-setting, or the concept of a slippery slope.. The moment someone is arrested for words on the internet, anything goes.

Insult a feminist? Prison. Commit a "microaggression"? Prison. Disagree with a social justice lunatic on twitter? Prison.

Arresting people for saying stupid things on the internet, or anywhere else, is an absolutely awful, not to mention idiotic idea, because it opens the door for anyone to be arrested for anything they say.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall (under the pseudonym S. G. Tallentyre), "The Friends of Voltaire"

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Just another tolerant liberal.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

The first amendment does not allow you to make death threats. Any more than it allows you to scream fire in a movie theatre to cause panic.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

The first amendment does not allow you to make death threats. Any more than it allows you to scream fire in a movie theatre to cause panic.

And this wasn't legit...it was a guy talking out of his ass.

people who are actually going to make an attempt on someone's life, do not telegraph the move.

Yes, people who go on twitter, and say "i'm gonna kill the president", should absolutely be investigated by the secret service.....however, they shouldn't be immediately arrested.

It's a bit annoying that i need to explain this.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Sorry, you make a threat you should be arrested. That's not an acceptable joke anymore than saying I will bomb the airport and claim it was a joke.

There are reasonable ways to voice displeasure. This is not one.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

so it is ok to litigate a small business owner out of business for using First Amendment to not bake a cake against their beliefs, but its not ok for a rich CEO to be forced to resign for threatening the life of the President??? Its a strange phenomenon, this selective application of the First.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Come on, let the poor guy be. He just had a crushing defeat.

We all know this pantywaste couldn't operate a firearm.

LOVE TRUMPS HATE!!!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Clearly, some of you have never heard of precedent-setting, or the concept of a slippery slope.. The moment someone is arrested for words on the internet, anything goes.

Insult a feminist? Prison. Commit a "microaggression"? Prison. Disagree with a social justice lunatic on twitter? Prison.

Arresting people for saying stupid things on the internet, or anywhere else, is an absolutely awful, not to mention idiotic idea, because it opens the door for anyone to be arrested for anything they say.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall (under the pseudonym S. G. Tallentyre), "The Friends of Voltaire"

IT IS NOT RIGHT TO ADVOCATE VIOLENCE PERIOD.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
People have been getting arrested for making threats on the internet for a long ass time already......

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
He stepped in one big time on that post, but, technically he didn't do anything wrong. First amendment allows it. As soon as we start to pick and choose what people can say, then we won't be able to say anything. There is always somebody out there that would say it is offensive or racist. We don't need to open that can.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ConstitutionalPatriot
Threatening to shoot someone goes beyond just speech. That was not a vague threat lol. Probably not a very credible threat, but that's not voicing an opinion.

edit on Mon, 21 Nov 2016 10:09:36 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

A threat is still just free speech. If he was to act on it, that's a different story. As much as I hate to admit it, he still has the right to say it as long as he doesn't attempt it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join