It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

False Trump campaign promises

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: CryHavoc

None of this is what I recall.

Not a single one.

THe man is a piece of work on his own....why resort to flat out lies?

I bet he ends up being more of what I want, then those who voted for him.

Those he surrounds himself with? They're the scary ones.

I think you are right. Socially, nothing about him has ever been conservative. To most liberal voters, its the social issues that matter the most, at least right now. I think that if folks will actually judge him on his merits, he'll end up being seen as the most liberal Republican to hold office since the 2 parties traded jerseys.

I really do believe he intends to try to find better trade deals, and is prepared to push back hard to help get there. Whether his form of diplomacy will work, i dunno. But I do know he is very familiar with China, and has to have some experience in negotiating deals there.

I think he'll step back on NAFTA a bit, maybe look to rework it a bit. And he should. Our relationship with Mexico has changed, they have changed, and we need to address both of these truths. 10 years is a good run for a trade deal. NAFTA has had twice that.

If he builds a southern border fence, and not just a wall, people will still rejoice along the border. If he actually tries to secure the border, he'll be famous. It needs to happen somehow. At least an attempt, until we can stop pissing the world off so much.

But what I hope for the most is an aggressive domestic policy that creates a better tomorrow for everyone, and not just some people.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

No it doesn't because the post I was replying to linked Trump's site to refute the OP. The info there does not do that.

Whatever you posted, which I didn't even bother looking at, is either wrong or contradicts the site and therefore the post in question.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
a reply to: yuppa
Like selling weapons to Iran to finance his little war in Nicaragua? Yeah that was a great accomplishment. Thanks Ronnie. Want a jelly bean? Maybe his horoscope told him to do it....

liek the french,russians,and chinese as well.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
actually the land was paid for by bush already if i remember but Ms Janet blocked it and has it on hold. Also Wait nd see before you say something as fact.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

But what I hope for the most is an aggressive domestic policy that creates a better tomorrow for everyone, and not just some people.

IMO - focusing on domestic is what got him elected.

But, I don't think its that important to him.

I think he's more interested in international deals.

Time will tell.
edit on 16-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Trump never said he would ban all Muslims. But you probably heard that on the main stream media 100x and believed it as truth.

Yes, at one point he said he would let no Muslims into the country.

False, he never said "no Muslims".

source

Trump first proposed banning nearly all Muslims overseas from the country in early December, soon after a terrorist attack in San Bernardino, Calif. Trump's original statement — which calls for "a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States" — is still on his campaign website.

The above statement "a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States" is false there is no such wording on his website. Link to Trump's policies

He wants to put a 'temporary' ban on all people (not just Muslims) coming from Countries/regions that proper vetting is a problem, not put a ban on "all muslims".

Just in case you are unaware... Muslims come from countries all over the world.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
all this shows is that hes malleable and open to changing his mind. and of course alot of what he said was BS to get people excited. in his own words he was playing a character.

you cant flat out ban Muslims. for those of us listening without a coat of fear over our brains know that exactly what he wanted to do was watch people that might pose a threat and possibly remove them or keep them from coming here.

a wall sounds alot stronger than a fence, all that matters is that we have a solid defensible position to keep people out.

trump himself also said that he spoke to obama and said that obama gave him a new perspective on it.

youre really sitting here and trying to turn a man being level headed and willing to negotiate a negative.. all because you happen to not like him. pathetic.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join