It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

False Trump campaign promises

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Trumps campaign summed up -
(I did not write this)

"You know, when they forced Khruschev out, he sat down and wrote two letters to his successor. He said – “When you get yourself into a situation you can’t get out of, open the first letter, and you’ll be safe. When you get yourself into another situation you can’t get out of, open the second letter”. Well, soon enough, this guy found himself into a tight place, so he opened the first letter. Which said – “Blame everything on me”. So he blames the old man, it worked like a charm. He got himself into a second situation he couldn’t get out of, he opened the second letter. It said – “Sit down, and write two letters”.

His people and handlers and apologist and defenders including those here on ATS will blame EVERYTHING they can on Obama.
Trump has both the senate and congress. Let's see if they can actually work among themselves for our unified prosperity.

As someone stated earlier - the bar is VERY low for what Trump can accomplish.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
a reply to: yuppa
Like selling weapons to Iran to finance his little war in Nicaragua? Yeah that was a great accomplishment. Thanks Ronnie. Want a jelly bean? Maybe his horoscope told him to do it....

I was thinking about Reagan's 'trickle-down economics' which could be better described as 'pissed-on economics'. Some people just don't know when they've been 'pissed-on' I guess.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Here, why don't you read his policies from his website

OP: "Donald Trump has said that he might not repeal Obamacare, perhaps his biggest campaign promise."
Trump Site: "Repeal and replace Obamacare with Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)."

OP:"Trump Says His 'Wall' Might Be a 'Fence' in '60 Minutes' Interview"
Trump Site: "1. Begin working on an impenetrable physical wall on the southern border, on day one. Mexico will pay for the wall."

OP: "Muslim ban has softened into “extreme vetting” of immigrants from some countries."
Trump Site: "Vet applicants to ensure they support America’s values, institutions and people, and temporarily suspend immigration from regions that export terrorism and where safe vetting cannot presently be ensured."

So, 2 solidly out of 3 and the third is questionable.

Well that didn't help refute the OP.
edit on 16-11-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
didn't hit "reply"

edit on 16-11-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Since you've watched Obama try to cram his every whim down our throats for the last 8 years, I can understand your ignorance. A real leader, tries to find ways to work together, while still getting the job done. Since both Houses are now a Republican majority, it may be a bit easier to get his agendas through, but it will still require some compromise.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
Sounds like you'd rather have a King than a president.

It's called 'doing the job'. It's why there are term limits on the Presidency. So the person doesn't get too much power for too long. The President is SUPPOSED to take charge. Those idiots in Congress have made people think that they are the Executive Branch. They're not.
edit on 16-11-2016 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Exactly. That wonderful strategy that so many economists have tried to tell us doesn't work. Why? Because when you make rich people richer, they don't necessarily reinvest it. Recent leaks have shown there's a tendency to squirrel it away in phony companies and off-shore accounts. Surprise.

But the people never learn. The Trump tax plan is another giveaway to rich people, just like Reagan & Bush. Recessions come & go, & the middle class gets hammered. But if you look at the data, the people at the top always manage to prosper.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
But if you look at the data, the people at the top always manage to prosper.

Only the people that can afford to run for office are the one's that get ahead? How, just how, is that possible? [/sarcasm]

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagicCow
Trumps campaign summed up -
(I did not write this)

"You know, when they forced Khruschev out, he sat down and wrote two letters to his successor. He said – “When you get yourself into a situation you can’t get out of, open the first letter, and you’ll be safe. When you get yourself into another situation you can’t get out of, open the second letter”. Well, soon enough, this guy found himself into a tight place, so he opened the first letter. Which said – “Blame everything on me”. So he blames the old man, it worked like a charm. He got himself into a second situation he couldn’t get out of, he opened the second letter. It said – “Sit down, and write two letters”.

His people and handlers and apologist and defenders including those here on ATS will blame EVERYTHING they can on Obama.
Trump has both the senate and congress. Let's see if they can actually work among themselves for our unified prosperity.

As someone stated earlier - the bar is VERY low for what Trump can accomplish.

Blaming the predecessor has been en vogue since forever. You have 2 sides with equally loud, obnoxious voices trying lay claim to the gold, and lay turds upon the rest, of the other parties presidents. Especially since Clinton left office and 9/11 happened.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Seems to me Obama made every effort to work w/Republicans when he first took office, & they wanted nothing to do w/it. That pouty McConnell made it his mission to ensure Obama was a one-term president.
Their game for the last 8 years has been nothing but obstructionist. Hard to blame him for using the EO. (Shall we discuss how many EO's Bush issued? Oh right, that must have all been for the good, huh?)

Obama wanted to spend big on infrastructure projects, & the GOP stood in his way. Now when Trump wants to do the same thing, they'll gladly oblige & sing their own praises to the people. Classic.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

OMG you just mentioned 9/11 and I have to wonder if Rudy is appointed to a position
in Trumps cabinet - will that I mean 4 years of hears "SINCE 9/11"???
I can't handle hearing his fear mongering anymore.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Trump never said he would ban all Muslims. But you probably heard that on the main stream media 100x and believed it as truth.

Yes, at one point he said he would let no Muslims into the country.

source

Trump first proposed banning nearly all Muslims overseas from the country in early December, soon after a terrorist attack in San Bernardino, Calif. Trump's original statement — which calls for "a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States" — is still on his campaign website.

Basis in fact can be found for every point in the OP. I think some people have very short memories.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I think the jury is still out on this.

On one hand, his mouthpiece is saying one thing, and the on the other he seems to be hiring a staff that is beyond the pale.

So who knows? Not I, I must confess.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

None of this is what I recall.

Not a single one.

THe man is a piece of work on his own....why resort to flat out lies?

I bet he ends up being more of what I want, then those who voted for him.

Those he surrounds himself with? They're the scary ones.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Trump never said he would ban all Muslims. But you probably heard that on the main stream media 100x and believed it as truth.

Yes, at one point he said he would let no Muslims into the country.

source

Trump first proposed banning nearly all Muslims overseas from the country in early December, soon after a terrorist attack in San Bernardino, Calif. Trump's original statement — which calls for "a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States" — is still on his campaign website.

Basis in fact can be found for every point in the OP. I think some people have very short memories.

They have selective memories. They outright dismiss anything they don't like while outright accepting everything they do like. It's referred to as confirmation bias and I've never seen a level of partisan-fanboyism such as this.

It's insane how quickly people are to jump to an indefensible defense just because it's their guy/party.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Easy to know the wall was not a real promise. The U.S. would not have even acquired all the land and negotiated the various easements by the end of term 1. His wall will simply be the same exact immigration reform package Congress refused to vote in last year because it would have been an Obama victory. Now they will vote it in as a Trump victory instead.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Trump is not the president just yet.
so technically hasnt broken any promises.

he will go forth with the "skittles" ban as his voters wanted.
and he will get rid of obama"care" as promised im sure.
and he will unite the country and make America great again; its more than evident we are already on the path to greatness.

go Trump.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

OP: "Donald Trump has said that he might not repeal Obamacare, perhaps his biggest campaign promise."
Trump Site: "Repeal and replace Obamacare with Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)."

Q: Senator Rubio, you said that Mr. Trump thinks part of ObamaCare is pretty good. Which part?

RUBIO: The individual mandate. He said he likes the individual mandate portion of it; I don't believe that should remain there. We need to repeal ObamaCare completely and replace it with a system that puts Americans in charge of their health care money again.

TRUMP: I agree with that 100%, except pre-existing conditions, I would absolutely get rid of ObamaCare. I want to keep pre- existing conditions. It's a modern age, and I think we have to have it.

Q: The insurance companies say is that the only way that they can cover people with pre-existing conditions is to have a mandate requiring everybody purchase health insurance. Are they wrong?

TRUMP: I think they're wrong 100%. Look, the insurance companies take care of the politicians [and vice-versa]. The insurance companies are making an absolute fortune. Yes, they will keep preexisting conditions, and that would be a great thing.

On the Issues

OP: "Muslim ban has softened into “extreme vetting” of immigrants from some countries."
Trump Site: "Vet applicants to ensure they support America’s values, institutions and people, and temporarily suspend immigration from regions that export terrorism and where safe vetting cannot presently be ensured."

Q: Your comments about banning Muslims from entering the country created a firestorm. Is there anything you've heard that makes you want to rethink this position?

TRUMP: No. (APPLAUSE) Look, we have to stop with political correctness. We have to get down to creating a country that's not going to have the kind of problems that we've had with people flying planes into the World Trade Centers, with the shootings in California, with all the problems all over the world. We have to find out what's going on [with Muslim immigrants]. I said temporarily. I didn't say permanently. And I have many great Muslim friends. And some of them, I will say, not all, have called me and said, "Donald, thank you very much; you're exposing an unbelievable problem and we have to get to the bottom of it." We have a serious problem. And we can't be the stupid country any more. We're laughed at all over the world.

On the Issues

Both of these dialogs were from Feb. 2016

Here grabbed you another source on extreme vetting being talked about back in August.

CNN

edit on 16-11-2016 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2016 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Inconsistencies between Trump's site and from him in other instances don't really make the case for the post I was replying to.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Inconsistencies between Trump's site and from him in other instances don't really make the case for the post I was replying to.

Sure it does. I didn't link anything from yesterday or last week. I linked sources of him proving the OP wrong from almost a year ago. I already admitted in my first reply that the wall idea did change, just disagreed with the other 3 scenario's posted. So based on your logic no other candidate has ever evolved their policy during their campaigning?

You want to see some flip-flopping? How about Hillary on our trade deals. Funny how she supports them and calls them the "Gold Standard" without even knowing whats in them. Here lets look how she does when just trying to pander to her audience.

Q: You supported Obama's trade deal, the Trans-Pacific Partnership or TPP, dozen of times. You even called it the "gold standard". Now, suddenly, last week, you're against it.

CLINTON: Well, actually, I have been very consistent. Over the course of my entire life, I have always fought for the same values and principles, but, like most human beings--including those of us who run for office--I do absorb new information. I do look at what's happening in the world. Take the trade deal. I did say, when I was secretary of state, three years ago, that I hoped it would be the gold standard. It was just finally negotiated last week, and in looking at it, it didn't meet my standards. My standards for more new, good jobs for Americans, for raising wages for Americans. And I want to make sure that I can look into the eyes of any middle-class American and say, "this will help raise your wages." And I concluded I could not.

TRUMP said, "You called [TPP] the gold standard of trade deals. And then you heard what I said about it, and all of a sudden you were against it. " Clinton responded, " I did say I hoped it would be a good deal. I was against it once it was finally negotiated and the terms were laid out."

THE FACT CHECKER: Trump is right. Clinton is subtly adjusting her words here when confronted with a question about her consistency on policy positions. The fact is she never used the word "hoped." Instead, she was more declarative, using the phrase "gold standard" when she was Secretary of State: "This TPP sets the gold standard in trade agreements to open free, transparent, fair trade, the kind of environment that has the rule of law and a level playing field," she said in Australia in 2012. "And when negotiated, this agreement will cover 40 percent of the world's total trade and build in strong protections for workers and the environment."

On the Issues

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join