It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Mayor Emanuel, U.S. Rep. Gutierrez: Chicago will remain a 'sanctuary city' protecting illegals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Mayor Rahm Emanuel and U.S. Rep. Luis Gutierrez tried Monday to reassure students living in fear, driven to despair and contemplating suicide since the election of Donald Trump as president that Chicago will remain a “sanctuary city” that protects illegal immigrants.

If Trump dares to revoke Obama’s DACA executive order, Gutierrez said he will consider it a “declaration of war.” He pledged to not allow immigration reform to go forward “on the backs of” Dreamers.

“Before they come for you, they will have to come for us,” Gutierrez said at the hospital. “Before they deprive you of your liberty and your freedom to express yourself and live fully in this country, they will have to deny us our freedom and our liberty to express ourselves.”
SOURCE

Things are starting to heat up, and we're still over two months from Trump taking office.

“Declaration of war”?

“Before they come for you, they will have to come for us”?

I think we can all agree that it's a lot better to have a POTUS making a “declaration of war” against illegal immigrants and crazy liberals than against Russia. This is pure entertainment compared to that.

On that note, it will be nice to have a presidential administration giving us good, solid entertainment rather than doom and gloom.

Grab your popcorn. This will be good.
edit on 16-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
They're worried about losing their voting rolls, that's all. Someone needs to vote for all the dead people on the rolls, that's where the illegals come in.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
We should just deport everybody in Chicago to Mexico and start from scratch. That city is garbage anyway.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
We present America's first walled city. Many would no doubt see that as a good thing. Way to plunge the property prices Mr Mayor. a reply to: eXia7

edit on 16-11-2016 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
It really is remarkable how all of these Democrat officials/mayors feel it is fine to just violate the constitution. Well they will be defunded, and rightly so.

Perhaps we should build a WALL around Chicago and put all of the refugees, illegals inside that fortress of dispicable people like Rahm Emmanuel. Chiraq. Build that Wall. #AmericaFirst

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Why can't Rahm Emmanuel and the other mayors that are doing the same thing be arrested for obstruction?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

They can remain sanctuary cities.... and lose federal funding.
We'll see how that goes for 'em.
Fine by me.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
They`ve gone full retard, they consider enforcing the immigration laws to be denying them freedom and liberty to express themselves.
you don`t like the laws change them the legal way, in the meantime the AG needs to start bringing criminal charges against any mayor,city council or governor who violates the immigration laws.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Why can't Rahm Emmanuel and the other mayors that are doing the same thing be arrested for obstruction?

I was wondering the same:

8 U.S. Code § 1324 - Bringing in and harboring certain aliens

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

They can be arrested for more than that:

The penalty for felony harboring is a fine and imprisonment for up to five years.

A person (including a group of persons, business, organization or local government) commits a federal felony when he:

assists an alien whom he should reasonably know is illegally in the U.S. or who lacks employment authorization, by transporting, sheltering, or assisting him to obtain employment,
encourages that alien to remain in the U.S., by referring him to an employer, by acting as employer or agent for an employer in any way, or
knowingly assists illegal aliens due to personal convictions.

Penalties upon conviction include criminal fines, imprisonment, and forfeiture of vehicles and real property used to commit the crime.

Conspiracy to commit the crimes of sheltering, harboring, or employing illegal aliens is a separate federal offense punishable by a fine of up to $10,000 or five years imprisonment

www.fairus.org...

I hope trump and his AG don`t chicken out on his hard line stance against illegal immigrants.

edit on 16-11-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Strip them of all federal monies coming into the city. See how many of their programs they can support by themselves. Then maybe they will realize that they do have a government that they answer to!

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
They`ve gone full retard, they consider enforcing the immigration laws to be denying them freedom and liberty to express themselves.
you don`t like the laws change them the legal way, in the meantime the AG needs to start bringing criminal charges against any mayor,city council or governor who violates the immigration laws.

Agreed. It is aiding and abetting in the commission of a Federal Crime.
Period.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Now I hear some colleges want to be sanctuaries.

Rep Luis should be deported, he can work for telemundo.

I hope Trump can get the funds cut and clean out the cities.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus
Sounds like a YUUUUGE thing for Trump to focus on in his quest for LAW and ORDER.

I hope he sticks with it.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Rahm Emanuel . Found too slimy and underhanded to fit even an Obama Admin. Drummed out of office. And what happens. He goes to Chicago and gets elected Mayor. Speaks volumes on the people of Chicago , huh ?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
“Before they deprive you of your liberty and your freedom to express yourself and live fully in this country,

Wait, just so I am sure I understand this, we are discussing ILLEGAL immigrants, correct?

I agree that we need to fix the problems with gaining citizenship, we have lots of people from Mexico who wish to come here and live. If we offer them citizenship, and collect taxes from them, I see that as a win-win. They are already here, we might as well have their money added to the pot.

But, when you enter this country illegally, you have broken the law. You don't have the "right" to break the law, and you don't have liberty and freedom to be in this country the way you came in. You are and will be a fugitive from justice and always looking over your shoulder. These laws are not optional.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Want to choke Mayor Rahm Emanuel and U.S. Rep. Luis Gutierrez for been an anarchists, cut the funding and he will choke on his words.

Tax payer dollars pay for immigration and that includes the protection of illegal immigrants.

Cut the darn funding, Chicago is a city with 35 billion dollars in pension debt is sure to feel the heat if federal funding of any kind is cut

Just last year they were boarding on bankruptcy

Mayor Emmanuel with all the financial troubles in Chicago signed up a mayor salary increase while the school system was one billion short.

He is full of crap.

I guess is good to have the tax payers in the nation supporting this cities

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Want to choke Mayor Rahm Emanuel and U.S. Rep. Luis Gutierrez for been an anarchists, cut the funding and he will choke on his words.

Tax payer dollars pay for immigration and that includes the protection of illegal immigrants.

Cut the darn funding, Chicago is a city with 35 billion dollars in pension debt is sure to feel the heat if federal funding of any kind is cut

Just last year they were boarding on bankruptcy

Mayor Emmanuel with all the financial troubles in Chicago signed up a mayor salary increase while the school system was one billion short.

He is full of crap.

I guess is good to have the tax payers in the nation supporting this cities

I agree, but you know the media and Liberals will spin it as Republicans and Trump want to starve the elderly and children in Chicago by cutting their funding.

Trump needs to be one step ahead of the political game and come up with a solution that targets the illegals.

Or get Emmanuel out of power.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I understand but the budget for illegal immigration is not the same as the one for welfare.

Even when cities appropriate funds depending the needs they are trying to fill.

Chicago and many other cities with high numbers of illegals are breaking the law, funding should be cut and illegal immigration funding is for the enforcement of the laws not to create sanctuaries.

That falls under misappropriation of Federal funding.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

originally posted by: Gothmog
Rahm Emanuel . Found too slimy and underhanded to fit even an Obama Admin. Drummed out of office. And what happens. He goes to Chicago and gets elected Mayor. Speaks volumes on the people of Chicago , huh ?

True, but as a lifelong Chicagoan myself, the truth is there is NO love for Rahm in Chicago. People HATE this guy around here, honest to God - he takes the worst of the left and the right, both the stupid liberal policies combined with crony capitalism. And for many in this town, he's actually not liberal enough.

The irony is that, although people want him out, he got re-elected anyway last year because no one with any talent whatsoever even wants the job. It's a mess, believe me.
edit on 16-11-2016 by Subsonic because: (no reason given)

top topics

join