It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue States Lead in Hate Crimes--California The Leader---FBI Stats

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Let's see if I can explain statistics and the irresponsible use of numbers to you. Let's say we have two fictitious states: State A and State B. State A has 12 incidents of hate crimes and State B has 4. Which is worse? If you chose either State A or State B dunk your head in the toilet repeatedly and write on your computer screen 'I'm too stupid to be posting on ATS'. Why? because, like the OP, you don't have all the numbers to make that determination.

Now, State A has a population of 10,000 people. Population of State B is 1,000. Now, having this additional information, you can see that even though State B had a lower number of total incidents, hate crimes for State B was over 3 times higher than that that of State A.

This is how easy it is to use numbers to mislead people.

No, if State A is Blue, then it has more hateful liberals which means it has more hate crimes that happen.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight

Let's see if I can explain statistics and the irresponsible use of numbers to you. Let's say we have two fictitious states: State A and State B. State A has 12 incidents of hate crimes and State B has 4. Which is worse? If you chose either State A or State B dunk your head in the toilet repeatedly and write on your computer screen 'I'm too stupid to be posting on ATS'. Why? because, like the OP, you don't have all the numbers to make that determination.

Now, State A has a population of 10,000 people. Population of State B is 1,000. Now, having this additional information, you can see that even though State B had a lower number of total incidents, hate crimes for State B was over 3 times higher than that that of State A.

No, if State A is Blue, then it has more hateful liberals which means it has more hate crimes that happen.

link   

link   

gh

link   

gh

link   

gh

link   

gh

link   

gh
:flamerDe

link   

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Dude, what are you doing?

link   

gh

link   

gh

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

gh

link   

gh

link   

gh

link   

gh

link   

gh

link   

gh

link   

gh

link   

gh

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join