It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue States Lead in Hate Crimes--California The Leader---FBI Stats

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Is that per capita?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: seasonal

It's just part of political hypocrisy.

Like Red States having the most people on welfare and large unemployment.

Nice try.

You can only have unemployed people where there are actually people who want to work and are looking for jobs.

All the blue state people who aren't even looking for work aren't included in the unemployment numbers. Hence 92 million Americans not in the work force.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
There are literally more citizens on welfare from the red states.

The red states literally take twice the federal funding then blue states.

The red states are literally the poorest per capita states.

If I use your ideology and analysis this is because red states are bad at producing industry and covering their bills with revanue from the state.

Obviously this is a deeper discussion as is the op then just looking at stats.

92 million people includes the ederly, college and highschool kids 18+, and stay at home parents.
edit on 16-11-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Uh no you can not. It would take sociologists to explore the data and advise law and policy.

Same reason I can't look at how poor red at states are an blame conservatism as a principle.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Seems like the more packed the people are, the worse people act.

Maybe 28 days later never had anything to do with a "Rage" virus in that sense, but in the sense that when surrounded by Rage in tight over populated areas this kind of thing seems to be infectious... I wonder how much longer this will go on? Maybe when it starts raining non-stop again.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

That means in a town ship of 10,000 people, the chances are good that 10 of them will be muggers. That also means that in a city of 10,000,000 there is a chance that 10,000 of them will be muggers.

See statistics and probability goes way further than the very simple "proportion" method. You math works well if everyone were the same, . Wake up call. They arent

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

It doesn't have to be exact, nor does everyone have to be the same.

The trend is: The more people you have in one area, the higher the chances of having certain types of people.

Higher population densities mean higher chances of encounters of things involving people. Lower population densities means a much lower chance of those encounters.

Understand now? The math does not have to be exact, but the trend when graphed will follow a positive increasing slope.

edit on 11/16/2016 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Source please

There are literally more citizens on welfare from the red states.

The red states literally take twice the federal funding then blue states.

The red states are literally the poorest per capita states.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Some times people do stupid things. If you want reasons, well sometimes there really are no good reasons.

Why do I like hot sauce on my fish and you don't?.......Sometimes things just are, maybe becasue people are imperfect and you can except the story and the FBI numbers or not.

Uh no you can not. It would take sociologists to explore the data and advise law and policy. Same reason I can't look at how poor red at states are an blame conservatism as a principle.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Blue states represent more population than red states. I thought the alt right claimed hate crimes are only for white people?

Oh red states use more welfare and entitlements. Worst education systems, poverty levels. Are you sure you wanna compare red and blue states? Blue states fund our country red states mostly take from our country.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Sources please

a reply to: WilburnRoach

Blue states represent more population than red states. I thought the alt right claimed hate crimes are only for white people? Oh red states use more welfare and entitlements. Worst education systems, poverty levels. Are you sure you wanna compare red and blue states? Blue states fund our country red states mostly take from our country.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

It doesn't have to be exact, nor does everyone have to be the same.

The trend is: The more people you have in one area, the higher the chances of having certain types of people.

Higher population densities mean higher chances of encounters of things involving people. Lower population densities means a much lower chance of those encounters.

Understand now? The math does not have to be exact, but the trend when graphed will follow a positive increasing slope.

I got the simplest method of proportion. Did I not name it ? Did I not say it works in the simplest of ways ? However , if you knew probability and statistics you could grasp what goes into a set and/or subset.
Study the math- it is fascinating.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I got the simplest method of proportion. Did I not name it ? Did I not say it works in the simplest of ways ? However , if you knew probability and statistics you could grasp what goes into a set and/or subset. Study the math- it is fascinating.

Wow, nice work.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
And , just in case someone takes me wrong. I disagree with the Resd State/Blue State theory. It all boils down to demographics not just political party

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Crimes that center around Hate are more common in Blue states according to new FBI numbers.

African A and whites are still the largest targets for hate crimes.

California is the leader in offenses, with New York, New Jersey following.

Middle Eastern people saw 47 occurrences.

Jews were singled out almost 700 times while Muslims were over 300.

Is the 6,000 ish hate crimes out of line with a country with 320 million people?

Why are blue states higher than other states?

African-Americans and whites continue to be the largest targets of hate crimes which are most common in traditional blue states, newly released Federal Bureau of Investigation data reveal.

The states with the most hate crime offenses in 2015 were California–with over 1,000 hate crimes–while New York, New Jersey, Washington State, and Massachusetts followed closely behind.

In 2015, there were 6,418 offenses reported nationwide, a relatively small number when compared to the country’s estimated population of 320 million, while millions of illegal immigrants continue to be imperfectly accounted for.

Blacks saw at total of 2,125 offenses against them which were racially, anti-black motivated. Whites fell victim in the second largest hate crime demographic slot, with a total of 734 offenses. Hispanics, however, suffered 379 offenses.

Americans of Middle-Eastern descent saw far fewer hate crimes in 2015 than other races/eternities with 47 offenses reported by law enforcement.

With respect to hate crimes that are motivated against a victim’s religious belief, Jewish Americans saw more than double the hate crimes against them than Muslim Americans. In 2015, Jews saw 695 total offenses, while Muslims experienced less than half that amount with 301 reported offenses.

Americans with “other religions” and Catholics were some of the others likely to have hate crimes committed against them.

Gay men, which Breitbart Tech Editor Milo Yiannopoulos has warned, are under threat due to a spike in Muslim migration to the country, have seen disproportionately high hate crime incidents against them when compared to other sexual orientation cohorts. Men, specifically, suffered 758 offenses due to their sexual orientation, a slight increase from 2014 levels. Roughly 18 percent of all hate crimes were because of a bias against a sexual orientation.

For Americans with disabilities, physical and mental, hate crimes decreased from 2014 with 88 offenses, compared to the previous 95.

Liberal-leaning states have largely higher hate crime levels than traditional red states. These figures parallel other studies focusing on the rates of modern racial segregation with respect to school districts and housing. ProPublica recently reported that Illinois and New York lead the nation for rates of black students attending schools with 90%+ minority student bodies. With respect to housing, the left-leaning nonprofit named New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Detroit, and Cleveland “the nation’s most segregated cities.”

Others with some of the highest hate offenses included Ohio, Arizona, Michigan, Minnesota and Tennessee.

With Texas’ nearly 27 million population, not including illegal immigrants who are unaccounted for, there were 219 total hate crimes in the state in 2015, the majority of which were classified as assault or intimidation.

Of the 5,493 known offenders involved in all of 2015’s hate crimes, 48 percent were whites while 24 percent were black.

www.breitbart.com...
It doesn't count unless you provide the RATIO per person, or hate crimes/person. This is what a policy analyst does. California has the largest population by far, so you can't just use raw numbers.

-Data manager

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

It doesn't count unless you provide the RATIO per person, or hate crimes/person. This is what a policy analyst does. California has the largest population by far, so you can't just use raw numbers.

-Data manager

Call the FBI, and tell them they are wrong.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Then what are we arguing about?

You agree: higher population densities means more chances for something to happen.

That includes: Crimes committed by people. Be it simple robbery to hate crimes.

I've seen too many times people on here whip out that map of electoral votes by county and then go: See? Politics!

Uh no. Not politics. Population density.

I could use the same maps, the electoral one, and then one showing how many people have gotten the flu, and they will also correlate. Why?

Because there are more people to catch colds in the higher population density centers.

The flu doesn't care whom you vote for or what your politics are.

You seem to agree with me on this. So what are we arguing about? My original post was to someone else who seemed to not understand that it's not so much that cities are crowded (meaning people getting on each others nerves), but rather simple because there are more people in one area than another increases the chances for something to happen as compared to places that have much less people in it.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Interesting--while I abhor the creation and use of "hate crime" as a descriptor for a crime (motivating factors should be considered during sentencing, not as a pre-assumption to increase punishment), these stats are nice to have. One thing that must be remembered, though, is that these stats (presumably) only represent hate crimes that received a conviction in court. I'm sure that there are other hate crimes that have occurred but did not see prosecution due to one reason or another (like lack of evidence), so these numbers should be taken with that in mind.

The biggest thing that I take from this is that, as far as convictions for hate crimes go, we're look at the equivalent of 0.001875% of the population that commits hate crimes here in America--that's pretty damn good considering the ridiculous press that America receives as being such a hateful, racist nation. Also, of that 0.001875%, the breakdown included in your embedded quote shows that the racial breakdown of offenders seems to say that whites commit less hate crimes than blacks when compared to the racial demographics of the nation as a whole. This also goes against the common narrative that we are such a racist nation when it comes to white people versus minority populations.

I'm not saying that the amount of hate crimes is good--I'd prefer that the percentage be equal to zero concerning the population--but it is what it is, and for a nation that has such a high (and highly diverse) population, we're doing pretty damn good, even if people continue to call us a racist nation.

Yes, I fully understand that convicted hate crimes are not the only way to show racist hatred in America, but this does show that, as far as violent and illegal activity based on racial (or other) "hate" motivation, we are by far not the mirror of what the press and many other outspoken people from this and other nations make us out to be.

As for the blue states having the most hate crimes--they also tend to have higher LGBT and immigrant/minority populations, so it would be safely assumed that this would be the case without implying (as Breitbart does here) that it is because of the liberal ideology that permeates the states' citizenry.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: richapau

That's a claim that needs to be backed by evidence, otherwise it's just speculation.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Keep in mind that the cost of living in red states is generally a lot lower, too, so a lower income when compared to the rest of the U.S. doesn't necessarily equate to being poor. It sometimes does, but not always.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join