It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue States Lead in Hate Crimes--California The Leader---FBI Stats

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Crimes that center around Hate are more common in Blue states according to new FBI numbers.

African A and whites are still the largest targets for hate crimes.

California is the leader in offenses, with New York, New Jersey following.

Middle Eastern people saw 47 occurrences.

Jews were singled out almost 700 times while Muslims were over 300.

Is the 6,000 ish hate crimes out of line with a country with 320 million people?

Why are blue states higher than other states?

African-Americans and whites continue to be the largest targets of hate crimes which are most common in traditional blue states, newly released Federal Bureau of Investigation data reveal.

The states with the most hate crime offenses in 2015 were California–with over 1,000 hate crimes–while New York, New Jersey, Washington State, and Massachusetts followed closely behind.

In 2015, there were 6,418 offenses reported nationwide, a relatively small number when compared to the country’s estimated population of 320 million, while millions of illegal immigrants continue to be imperfectly accounted for.

www.breitbart.com...
edit on 16-11-2016 by DrumsRfun because: All caps title

edit on Wed Nov 16 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I'm guessing this is down to the perception of what a hate crime is and the fact those perceived hate crimes are much more widely reported and recorded. Perhaps the blue states should now be called "The Snowflake States".

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I'm guessing its population. those areas are tightly packed with people, so the more people you have, the more chance of having an idiot in the woodpile.
edit on 16-11-2016 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Crimes that center around Hate are more common in Blue states according to new FBI numbers.

For the math literate people are they leading by percentage or total number? You do realize blue states have way more population than red states.
edit on 16-11-2016 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

idiot in the woodpile.

Seems like the more packed the people are, the worse people act.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

For the math literate people are they leading by percentage or total number? You do realize blue states have way more population than red states.

Population is larger, but I wouldn't stomp someone for their race or religion or their.......

The only reason would be to protect me or mine.

That has nothing to do with how many people are around me.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Liberals believe in government action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all. It is the duty of the government to alleviate social ills and to protect civil liberties and individual and human rights. Believe the role of the government should be to guarantee that no one is in need. Liberal policies generally emphasize the need for the government to solve problems.

Conservatives believe in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, individual liberty, traditional American values and a strong national defense. Believe the role of government should be to provide people the freedom necessary to pursue their own goals. Conservative policies generally emphasize empowerment of the individual to solve problems.

I’ve quoted the definitions of both main parties. I find it strange that Liberals believe in equal opportunity and equality for all but they seem to be the party pushing hate. All you have to do is turn on your TV and see all the protesters and violence breaking out across the country. Maybe it’s just me but the party of tolerance is only tolerant when they agree. Go against them and you will find who is peaceful and who is full of hate!

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

You're not understanding what they mean by higher population density.

Let's say (and I'm making up this statistic) that out of 1000 people, there is a chance that 1 of them is a mugger.

That means in a town ship of 10,000 people, the chances are good that 10 of them will be muggers.

That also means that in a city of 10,000,000 there is a chance that 10,000 of them will be muggers.

Higher population density means you have more of a chance of encountering someone than you would in lower population densities.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I live in So California in an area of all different races,I have yet to see anything close to a race war,only wars are gang wars,and most of the time gangs of same race over drugs no doubt,kind of like that San Bernardino shooting,majority who live in area thought it was fake,I'm wondering who is making up these charts,and these fabricated storys? there is some bad areas,but the true statistics will prove 99% of the time it is one race killing each other,just like white people ,haven't you discovered that the media will embellish any chance it gets? the old man bite dog addage never changes

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It reflects population and presence of minorities. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
When I was young my family lived in a blue state and when I was about 11 my family moved to a red state. This was over 40 years ago. After we moved I noticed the difference right away. Kids in the red state were not as mean as kids in the blue state had been. Not to say life in a red state is perfect- it certainly is not. However, my feeling about the issue is that people in red states are more religious and have a "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" attitude. I think this guiding life principle accounts for the reduced number of hateful acts.

Sal

edit on 16-11-2016 by SallieSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

It's just part of political hypocrisy.

Like Red States having the most people on welfare and large unemployment.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

The crimes are more perceived in blue states and prosecuted at higher rates than in red states

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SallieSunshine

I can assure you kids are terrible and good everywhere. As a former wrestling coach in OK, TX, SC, and being raised in new England. (also taught self defense/antibullying before it was even in the news).

The real issue is the media dividing red and blue and extrapolating causation where there is none.

If I dump 4,000 somali's in an old mill town with no industry and major drug abuse problems should I expect crime goes down with a Republican mayor?

Things are not so simple politicians just make it sound like it is to divide the public with gimmicks

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful
I get it, not too much for me

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The FBI

a reply to: Oldtimer2

I'm wondering who is making up these charts,and these fabricated storys?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Who extrapolated the causation?

Why are Red states poor and leading with citizens in welfare?

Is it because repunlicans are bad job producers and bad money managers?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
As far as I know the FBI.
a reply to: luthier

Who extrapolated the causation?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

These are stats. No causation or correlation.

Are you saying these hate crimes are done because they are in blue states and liberals are the cause?
edit on 16-11-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I'm not saying anything, these are FBI numbers, I imagine you can go the FBI web site and get all the answers you are interested in.

a reply to: luthier

These are stats. No causation or correlation.

Are you saying these hate crimes are done because they are in blue states and liberals are the cause?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join